Author Topic: I am back  (Read 4959 times)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
I am back
« on: September 06, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
Whew it's been a stressful ride but I am on my way. Struggling more but keeping the pace. My autistic husband is finally gone. He said we were divorced last fall and was scamming me. I found out and filed a real divorce.  Will be final next month. Anyways he is renting a room somewhere. The alimony and child support is not court ordered so I know I need to fix that. He pays to stay in good graces with Mary, he does love her and I'm grateful. Courts messed up on paperwork I filed. That happens I was told.
Mary is no longer in Jobs Daughters but is enrolled in high school. She has made 3 friends, all in theatre. She's taking theatre class and has already auditioned for a play. We had a 504 meeting where all the teachers are present and we plan how to accommodate her disabilities. She really struggles in PE. Math is doing a bit better for her. She is one of her teacher's best students, probably because she works so hard and asks questions. She cannot eat completely low carb anymore because has free lunch. To make it healthier she chooses a main dish 40 cars or less then adds fruit and vegetable, no carby junk food. She takes a 12 oz sugar free rock star to school and splits it between morning break and lunch. I pack her a low carb peanut butter jelly sandwich every day (California Lifestyle Soy & Flax bread (1 c slice), Smucker's Sugar Free jelly (1 c tbsp) and Skippy Natural Super Chunk (2 c tbsp).
I have sticking to low carb, been so busy with school, doctor appts and etc that I forget to eat. My size 4 jeans getting loose. When I am not busy I make myself eat some nuts. Been craving peanuts and also getting into the peanut butter hahaha.
I am on food stamps but this month the card was not filled. they must have not gotten my paperwork I mailed. now will be going to the food banks again.
My dad bought me a car a few months ago but now it's in a shop in Riverside. They have the engine torn apart looking to see if they can fix it or if engine needs replacing. dad bought MaxCare coverage on it. He only has to pay $300 copay.
In the meantime I have a rental for 2 weeks and I'm driving a black 2015 Ford Mustang convertible. Imagine me going to food bank in that, lol.
Oh, by the way, Mary dyed my hair blond. She likes me as a blond best.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: I am back
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 08:07:10 AM »
Hi Susie, sounds like you're busy....busy....busy!!!! Good to hear from you :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 03:47:10 PM »
Hello, Susie!... And welcome home!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I am happy to hear that you and Mary are managing well.

And yes, school lunches can be tough.
But keeping the carbs as low as possible is helpful.

I'm glad you discovered that your soon-to-be-ex-husband lied about the divorce and are getting it fixed.
I don't support divorce except under some very bad conditions, and yours has been.

I can only imagine the looks at a food bank pulling up in a new Mustang convertible.
I hope you did not get any dirty looks.

God bless you and Mary!
Please stay in touch. :)

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 12:58:41 PM »
My dad back from vacation, so took the rental car back. Now cannot go to food banks. Went to social services two days ago while I still had the rental, now getting my ebt card refilled soon, but needed a few things today. My dad gave me some money and bought coconut oil & peanut butter. He took Mary to school and then me to grocery store. Later he will take me to her pediatrician to pick up a medication release form, then to the school to pick her up as  well as bring that form to the school health dept. Then he will take me to the open house at her school.
Oh my gosh, almost forgot. Mary got a main role in the school play. She was up against an advanced student. The play is "Animal Farm", her character is "Squealer".

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:04:26 AM »
Hi Susie!! Yeah Mary! Sounds like everything is going well for you! :)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »
No ebt money on my card. Still having problems. Need to paperwork again when I can get a ride there. My dad doesn't want me to ride the bus anymore because creepy guys slow and stare at me. He is gone today so cannot take me until Monday.
I'm going to make some things until my ebt card is filled.
Here is what I have in freezer, fridge and pantry
Have 2 1/2 lbs tilapia fish left for meat, one dozen eggs, bag of fresh green beans, 4 slices bread, 5 lb block mozzarella,  lots of flax meal, almond meal and coconut flour,  cream of coconut, 2 small cans sliced olives and 5 lbs Xylitol (equals 5 lbs sugar), 1 bag shredded cauliflower,  1 bag shredded cabbage, small bag diced onion, 2 jalapenos, 2 tomatoes, coconut oil, dozen corn tortillas, 1 bottle of Ranch dressing, 8 oz bottle of Ghee, 1/2 bottle sugar free pancake syrup, two small jars peanut butter and two small jars jelly. Plus things guar gum, baking powder seasonings, spices etc.

Will cauliflower-mozzarella pizza crust. Can make pizza sauce from the tomatoes.
As you can see I can also make waffles or pancakes for breakfast. Syrup can give Mary gas, so she cannot eat that before school, but can on weekends. I make microwave muffins sweetened with ZeroSweet before school. Will also make them for her school snack. Can make her tilapia fish tacos. I eat one only because the tortillas are 8 net carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
What is Ghee? :)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
Ghee is clarified butter

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:01:41 AM »
Never heard of it,learn something new every day :D

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:27:13 AM »
I shredded 4 lbs of my 5 lbs of full fat mozzarella cheese. Then cut 1 lb into cheese sticks for myself. OMG it is amazingly delicious. Part skim mozzarella cheese sticks will never be in my house again, lol.