Author Topic: Is anybody here??  (Read 5600 times)

Othertwin

• View Profile
Is anybody here??
« on: January 21, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »
I just bought the book and was excited to find this forum. Is anyone still active on it??
My name is Lu Ann and I would love some support. Thank you so much.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Is anybody here??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, Lu Ann!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Although there are hundreds of FTS family members across America and the world,
most have been pretty quite the last few months. Not really sure why. Maybe Doug needs to release another edition to his book?

This forum has always been an outstanding source of support for those on the FTS journey to their goal weights as well as helping those who've reached those goals keep them.

Doug, Umpa, and myself are still pretty active here.
And since all of us have a lot of history with the FTS lifestyle, you will still get support for your journey. If you ever have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. ;)

So again, welcome! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:22:37 PM »
Hi LuAnn, welcome to the party! People come and go, sometimes we are very active sometimes we are not. Thousands of people have benefited from our forum and continue to do so. At any given time there are 50-100 people visiting the site looking for recipes and answers to questions. Ask all you wish, you'll always get an answer :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Othertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 11:39:02 AM »
Thanks Doug and Tony! I am so happy to have a place to go to ask questions. I have been on and off low carb for a couple of years now. I always seem to try to convince myself that I can eat sugar and still lose weight and feel ok. In fact, I was a Weight Watchers leader about 15 years ago and even tried going back to Weight Watchers the end of last year.  Funny thing happened, since eating low carb and knowing all of the facts about sugar, I found that I could no longer believe in what they were selling.
So, after sugar gluttony at Christmas and feeling terrible, I am back to low carb for good! Got your book the other day at Barnes and Noble and read it cover to cover. Out of all of the books that I have read on this way of life, yours cuts to the core and makes it so easy to understand. I plan to get books for both of my kids, who need to understand what they are eating is doing to their health.
Thanks, again.
Lu Ann

Georgia Girl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »
Hi Lu Ann!

I just joined the forum myself after lurking here a few months.  Looking forward to seeing you around.

Othertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »
Hi Georgia Girl! I'm in Arizona  :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 09:04:10 AM »
Hi Lu Ann, gotta ask you.............other twin? I assume you have a twin sibling..... :)  Low carb is the only answer to weight loss. Our bodies only work one way. Unfortunately we are all addicts due to our upbringing so it soooooo important to continually remind ourselves NOT to eat the bad stuff. I struggle with it occasionally wanting that sourdough bread or a banana :(  Sugar is an evil mistress! 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Othertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
Yes, Doug, I am a twin. I have an identical twin sister. We have both always been about 20-40 pounds overweight on and off throughout our 60+ years. We are now both on low carb! Her husband has gone back to low carb and has really gotten his diabetic blood sugar under control. Her and I are very healthy according to our blood work and blood pressure, but want to lose some weight and feel better. The feel better part has definitely kicked in! I love the way I feel giving up the carbs. I am not constantly thinking about food and have so much energy. The mood swings are gone, too. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with a crushing feeling of dread.....One day off of the carbs and even if I wake in the night, I have no depression and can get right back to sleep. What a relief. I didn't even want to go to sleep before. Anyway, I know this is the way to lose the weight and feel better. I am losing very slowly, but the change to my energy and mood is worth it, even if I don't lose any more.
I do have one question about carb counts, though. I am wondering why you do not count any carbs for heavy whipping cream in your recipes, even if you are using a cup or more. My cream says no carbs for 2 tablespoons, but I know that there are carbs in higher quantities, according to my carb count book.
Thank you for your book! Love how simply this way of eating is explained.
Lu Ann

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »
Hi LuAnn! I am Umpa Dougs wife,if I can help you please ask.I have a board on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to low carb.Enjoy the forum :)

Othertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 02:05:35 AM »
Thanks, Umpa!  I just downloaded your cookbook to my kindle and can't wait to try more of your recipes !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »
If you have any questions please ask ;)