Author Topic: Now what do I do?  (Read 20295 times)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
Now what do I do?
« on: January 27, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »
He;;o, I am back finally. I was diagnosed with diabetes but not what kind until further blood tests done. I also have high cholesterol with HDL of 105, triglycerides of 33 and LDLs of 231. I am on a diuretic prescription for high blood pressure. I wear size 4-6 pants, so weight is not the issue.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Now what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
Welcome home, Susie!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Have you been faithfully living the FTS lifestyle???

I had all the medical conditions you described (and much worse) back in the Summer of 2010. In fact, my doctor told me that I might not be around for my next birthday the following January if my condition was not improved.

On August 10 of that year, I started living the FTS lifestyle.
About six months later, my doctor took me off ALL meds to treat those conditions.
He further declared I was no longer diabetic.

I've been living the FTS lifestyle ever since and those conditions have not returned.
Now I have not been perfect in this. I have had my share of slips.
But my health condition has NEVER returned to a pre-FTS status.
And my weight has hovered around my goal for several years now.

Tony

What you do today is what matters!

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
Hello Tony, nice to be back. I have been eating low carb, high fat all this time. After research on google and although I am quite thin now, I believe my problem is that I have been having too much coffee, cream, cheese and sugar alcohols.  My body is changing and menopause is full swing as well. I'm living on $600 child support and alimony and $260 ebt card for food.

Guess what? Mary is in school for first time in her life and did amazing last semester 6 A's and B in math. She is not eating low carb anymore but is semi watching them. She stays clear of added sugar and limits her wheat intake. She gets free breakfast and lunch at school. They adapt PE for her because she collapsed doing fast walk. Thy have a 504 plan for her anxiety disorder and fibromyalgia, tachycardia etc.
I have been dating quite a bit. Wow so many single men over 50 out there.  So far not one I connect well with.
I threw out both shoulders and lower back as well as my right elbow froze an clearing, cleaning and organizing my two outside sheds. My shoulders are better just problems with lower back and elbow. I try to get my housework done without over doing it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:10:46 AM by oO0Susie0Oo »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:44:12 AM »
Hi, Susie!  :)

Since like your body is going thru changes, you may have become more sensitive to sugar alcohols. I don't think coffee, cream, or cream cheese would have any thing to do with it. Try using sugar alcohols only on an occasional basis and see what happens.
Sugar alcohols are known for causing stall outs, so they do effect our metabolisms.

It is also possible that you may have an underlying medical condition.
The "change" can cause the thyroid and other organs to not function well and lead to bad numbers.

I'm happy to hear that Mary is doing well in school!  :) :)
And that the school is making accommodations for her health conditions.

From what I hear, there are a lot of single men over 50 out there.
But the problem is finding one that is looking for a real relationship and not something far less. Also, finding a person with whom you have good chemistry adds to the challenge. But I wish you the best in your search.  :) :)

Tony

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:00:08 AM »
Sugar alcohols is what I consume the least, so as your suggested, it may be underlying medical problem. I consume mostly a lot of full fat cheese, heavy cream, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli & cucumber salads with 1 carb per tbsp. dressing, coffee, Zero and Stevia. Sometime cook a turkey burger with a few mushrooms, or a stir fry with low carb veggies. I have fat and vegetables everyday, not always meat.

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 12:12:14 PM »
 I need to buy a glucose meter. See what's triggering my blood sugar. Can be coffee first thing in the morning, best to drink after I eat. I also found out that my diuretics can mess up my blood sugar.
Things that raise blood sugar, besides carbs I'm guessing
from http://www.rd.com/health/conditions/blood-sugar-levels/
Skipping breakfast I don't skip, but I do eat breakfast late
Artificial sweetenersthey did not say what kind, so I'm guessing sugar-alcohols, which I am guilty of.
A high-fat meal Geez they added sugary drink 6 hours later. No wonder blood sugar spiked higher with fat.
A cuppa joe This is assuming that some are more sensitive than others, I agree on that
Infection The only illness I have had in 5 years is swollen glands I am positive for Epstein Barr Virus
Skimping on sleep I sleep pretty good
Smoking cigarettes not me
Certain drugs in your medicine cabinet  Common drugs, including steroids to control asthma, statins to improve cholesterol levels, and diuretics to lower blood pressure, can raise blood sugar levels. I'm on diuretics, as I mentioned above, could be one of my problems.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
Hi, Susie! :)

I pray you figure out what is messing with your blood sugar levels soon.
And that the solution is easy and doable for you.

A glucose meter should help you in your detective work.

Tony

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 11:10:29 AM »
Thank you Tony,
I cut out coffee and black tea, sugar alcohol and dairy. My body is now cleaning itself out in  the bathroom, middle of night, first thing in the morning and during the day, for two days now. I am hoping that I am rid of some toxins that elevate my blood sugar. Drinking green tea in the morning. Eating a small avocado in salad of lettuce with shredded red cabbage and carrots, kale, green onion, mushrooms, 1 small chopped roma tomato and 1oz raw sunflower seeds. Dressing organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, water and red wine vinegar.
I also make myself a smoothie with 1 cup frozen strawberries, 16 oz unsweetened almond milk with vanilla added and stevia extract. I snack on 1 oz raw sunflower seeds.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:33 AM »
Of course you're welcome, Susie! :) :) :)

Toxins raise the dickens with our bodies. Levels too high, and it's "lights out" forever.
Elevated blood glucose is treated like a toxin thru our bodies' inflammation response to it.

I believe occasional cleansing is very good for all of us.
I hope that it helps you get to a baseline so that as you add things back one at a time,
you may figure out what is causing you problems.

You remain in my prayers, Susie.

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:02:07 PM »
Welcome back Susie! :) A lot of what your dealing with could be gene pool as well as menopause.There is nothing wrong with your diet.So happy to hear about Mary! Love the new blond hair ;)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 02:48:20 PM »
Thanks Umpa!!
I got a letter from Social Security. They put me on Supplemental Disability. It's only $45 a month but if I lose my alimony and child support it will go up to $700.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 08:07:53 AM »
good ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »
Hi Susie, I see all your numbers except blood sugar levels????
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 03:14:50 PM »
Saw my doctor,  my LDLs down now, total still high but improved. My blood sugar improved, now 5.6 my blood pressure 125/81.
I continue trying to improve another month.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »
Stay the course Susie!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)