Author Topic: Hello Again.......  (Read 6736 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello Again.......
« on: March 03, 2016, 03:51:42 AM »
Hello all....it's been a while.  I've checked in to the forum now and then to see how all of you are going, but didn't really take the time to post.

I think I've been depressed - you may think I should know if I've been depressed or not, but here's the thing - I don't.

It's only now that I feel like I'm coming out of a daze/haze.  Questioning myself, wondering what has happened in this last year or so and I seem to be drawing a blank.  I know I've made it through each day, seen family, interacted but haven't been quite there.  No - I'm not on drugs (or additional/new medication) and I don't drink.  Be a darn good excuse if I had been though.  Self-medication through food it seems.

And coming out of this haze I have found I have put on the weight I had lost, plus another 20.  How??? Well obviously eating...
I remember sitting on the couch a lot - never a good thing. 

It's only been a couple of weeks but  I'm dragging myself out of myself and have put my toes to the line to start my life again.   

I'm one of those people that seems to put weight on no problem, but to take it off is like....well can't think of a comparison.

So instead of concentrating too much on the pounds on/off, I am aiming for eating for health and hopefully a clear mind.   The scale is not the boss of me.  What I actually did was get a s/s chain (like for a necklace) that fits around my waist exactly.  It was actually scary when I saw how big the chain was.  I chose chain as it has no give.  Every so often I will pop it on and see how I'm going.  I did think to wear it  as a constant reminder but it gets caught in the clothes.

Here's hoping....fingers crossed.... my mind always feels much clearer when I'm eating well.

C U around  :D

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Hello Again.......
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:55:22 AM »
Hi Morgan, nice to hear from you! Umpa and I were talking about you a couple of days ago wondering where you disappeared too. Not sure what you're going through however I do know that our bodies are very susceptible to hormone changes as we age. Maybe that's the road to search. Hang in there and stay in touch here, we'll help you through it!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 12:03:17 PM »
Welcome back, Morgan! :) :) :) :)

I don't know what may have caused your mental state. Like Doug suggested, could be hormones. It may be a thyroid imbalance. It may be a good idea to have a checkup soon.

Many times in my life, I'd lose weight and put it all back (plus MORE) no long after.
That's what our bodies do after we lose a large chunk of fat.
But you know what to do... And we're here to help and support you.

You've done it before and can do it again! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

oO0Susie0Oo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »
Hi Morgan, good to see you back! I agree with Tony, You've done it before and can do it again!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 08:02:30 AM »
Morgan dont be too hard on yourself you know what to do ;)

MyPath2Skinny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
Hi Morgan, I feel for you and understand where you are coming from. The good thing is that you are here again and reaching out.  Your chain idea is fantastic - very motivational. I am back too after dropping off the wagon and giving in to my stress eating! It was easier for me to eat one hot buttered roll, then two and I suddenly found myself medicating with high carb/low nutritional foods.  It is time to take care of us - we can do this because this way of eating works, if we work it. One handy tip I just started doing is cutting up my veggies and storing them in Mason jars with lids in the frig. They stay fresher longer and are grab-and-go. I even make my salads in jars - each day goes in a Mason jar! I just put dressing in the bottom then layer the heavier stuff on up to the lighter things and seal with a lid. They keep 5 to 7 days! Prepare to conquer!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:36 PM »
Hi MyPath2Skinny (MP2S),  stresses of life are the pits.  Your idea of mason jars is great, I'm not really a salad person - like my vegetables hot  ;)

I know we will both achieve........ no matter how long it takes or how many times we fall (jump?  pushed? haha) off.

Othertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 10:18:13 AM »
Hi Morgan,

I can so much identify with what you said. I have been "in a slump" for at least a month. Can't seem to get it together. Have used food to help me feel better and, as always, that has only made things worse. I am back on this way of life and know that I can do it. It helps knowing that you are out there working on the same issue. Thank you for sharing.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:19 PM »
Hi Othertwin  (would you happen to be one half of a twin?)....Welcome to the forum, post often - people seem to flit in and out but not post.  It does you good to post and others to read and relate to trials you may be going through or to share your success or to just vent - believe me we all have those (wanting to scream and yell and say how unfair it all is and to kick the scale (my personal favourite - the scale kicking bit - ;D).

YOU CAN DO IT and I CAN TOO and WE BOTH WILL!!!!!!!!!!!  Yay us!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:51 PM »
Hi, Othertwin & Morgan! :)

Like most of us here, I can identify with "comfort eating".
It's one of the things that got us in trouble and keeps us there until we gain control.

Morgan you are right!... You can both do this!
I did it. And if I can do it, so can you two!

Tony

AliciaInTX

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 02:31:44 PM »
Glad you're finding yourself in a better place and motivated to undo the damage. Been there, done that and it can be hard to get the ball rolling again! I love your chain idea!  :D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »
Hi, Othertwin & Morgan! :)

Like most of us here, I can identify with "comfort eating".
It's one of the things that got us in trouble and keeps us there until we gain control.

Morgan you are right!... You can both do this!
I did it. And if I can do it, so can you two!

Tony

You know Tony I sort of used to believe phrases like "if I can do it, so can you". 
Not so much these days.  Lives and characters are defining 'issues'.  Some people can overcome things and others can't.  Things that you may overcome one day, may overwhelm the next.  I suppose that's what makes life 'life' - it's unpredictable. 

But 'fingers crossed' all is going well  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »
Hi, Morgan! :)

In my 64 years on this planet, I've discovered that there is nothing (short of death) that we experience which we are incapable of coping with and, in most cases, overcoming.

If you don't believe me, do some volunteer work at a children's cancer hospital.
You'll see that it comes down to keeping one's mind in a healthy space. :) :) :)

If you believe you can, you can.
If you don't, you won't.

Tony

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 05:31:48 AM »
Hello again..... update......my mind is clearer, I make a concerted effort to walk at least a kilometre daily (to not put pressure on myself I have told myself it doesn't matter how many times I have to get on the treadmill to achieve it, I will do it daily, even if I do it at a snail's pace) - so far I can do it in one go - takes me approx 15 mins.  When.....scrub that.....as I get fitter, I will up my limit or perhaps do it twice a day. 

So far I have lost 9lb, YAY me!!!!     I haven't set a goal this time, my body I'm sure will work itself out.  Though I would like it to fall off me (the weight - not my bits and pieces), my losses have never been dramatic, but have been steady.
As I said earlier, I want to be healthier.  So concentrating on eating well and getting myself off the couch.  Honestly, I should be looking for a ransom note from the couch - it doesn't want to let me go.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
I'm so happy that you found the inner positive energy to keep yourself going, Morgan! :) :) :)

As you know, a healthy lifestyle is NOT a race. And losing weight at a slow steady pace is ideal.
So from what you said, you're doing FANTASTIC!!! :) :) :)

Just keep that positive attitude, and better health will come your way.

Tony