Author Topic: Sugar withdrawal?  (Read 9920 times)

larco

• View Profile
Sugar withdrawal?
« on: July 07, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »
Hi all, my name is Larco and today is day one for me and I won't bore you with the details. Yesterday and today I have done nothing else but read this forum and think it is fantastic!! But....you mention detox and I can't seem to find much written on what to expect from detox and how long it should last. Comments please. Thanks     

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sugar withdrawal?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:17:27 PM »
Let me start by saying welcome larco!I am umpa ,dougs wife and if I can help you please ask.I have a column on the home page called ask umpa where I help you convert your favorite recipes.First read the book.It will only take a couple of hours.Most people it takes about two weeks to get through the sugar withdrawals.You may have anxiety,headaches,and irritability.Its very similar to quitting smoking.The length of time will depend on the amount of sugar you were eating.Once you get through it you will feel great!Your energy will go through the roof! You will feel 10 years younger and your blood sugar will begin to balance out.And of course you will lose weight.Are you a diabetic?Use the forum these people are going through the same thing as you.There are no stupid questions.We are all here for you to help you suceed.There are some great member videos.You can also earn free books for every 50 posts.If I can help let me know :)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »
what she said!!!!!!

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
I never noticed any symptoms of sugar withdrawal.  I have definitely noticed a difference in my energy level, even after a kick a** day at work.  I actually feel like doing stuff when I get home,even after going to the gym.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:10 AM »
I had some shakes but I know others had a really hard time. Perhaps the more sugar you consumed the worse it was?

larco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
Thanks for the comments. Made it thou day one, had 11 carbs, but need to get the proper groceries.
Does it take about two weeks to see results,  for example blood sugar levels, and weight lose. I had my thyroid
removed in January and since then everything seems to have gone (further) south.  I have insomnia, so after laying
or wondering around until 2 AM I get hungry again (pretty sure it hunger). Naturally I really crave carbs and
something sweet at that point.
This will be day three of reading about carb addiction. I am truly amazed at what I'm reading. Its all has my name
all over it. Anyway, I may be a pain in everyone's rump for awhile, but be patient with me while I learn please. :-[

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:56:50 AM »
I'm a huge sugar addict or I should say was. There are these great Jello mouse cups out now that cure that craving for me. The caramel mouse only has 3 carbs and is AMAZING. Give it a try and Welcome to the site!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 05:24:53 PM »
It took me about 2 weeks to feel better.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 04:32:41 PM »
Larco put a big container of sugar free jello in the fridge and a can of whipping cream.You can be as bad as you want.There is a product called melatonin i buy it at swanson vitamins for $2 a bottle it really helps doug sleep.Meletonin is naturally produced by the brain to trigger sleep some people just need a little more.I got lots of pains in the rump here join the party!! ;D ;D ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »
Valerian root is good for sleeping as well.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »
I like valerian root but doug says it smells like old gym shoes! :D :D :D

larco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »
Actually, I've tried them both. I have also tried mild sleeping pills but I was so hung over from them the next day it just wasn't worth it. I do like the idea of jello and whipped cream at 2 A.M tho!! Today is day three and I did great again today, but found it very difficult for some reason. My keytones are at 4. Is that to high? I am not diabetic but I am considered insulin resistant. I did send a post about this keystones stuff but, have since found Doug's write up on them.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »
I've never been able to sleep well,once a week i do this,i know its not good,but i have to get a full nites sleep at least once per week...and this my friend sends me to LA LA land for a solid 12+ hours,i only do it when i have no reason to get out of bed the next day,i did it last nite and i feel like a new person today after 13 hrs of solid peaceful sleep....soooooo i took 3 ibuprofen,2 benedryl,and topped it of with a big gulp of NyQuil>>>> get outta my way....i cant hit the bed fast enough... and i didn't budge for 13 hrs,and feel like i could take on the world right now....:::: caution results may vary & not reccommended for children under 12 yrs of age...wow I'm just awful ...LOL

larco

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »
LOL, I tried a mixture simialer to that, but again felt like crap when I woke up!! ON the bright side, I just happened to look down and see I was standing on the scale  :o and am down about 3 pounds... ;D ;D ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 03:54:48 PM »
Ok just to be the voice of common sense and from one who knows from personal experience, MIXING OVER THE COUNTER MEDS CAN HAVE THE SAME AFFECT AS NARCOTICS!!! if you combine certain meds in the right amounts yes it will make you sleep but can also make you very ill!!!