Author Topic: Almond Brownies  (Read 22526 times)

owensmath

Re: Almond Brownies
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:34 AM »
3Angels, you just HAVE to get that book! The pictures will make you drool all over yourself! : )  The format is awesome and it's a great book!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 09:37:20 AM »
Thanks Owensmath! I appreciate your feedback :)

owensmath

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
Umpa, you are most welcome but I was just telling the truth.

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »
I do have the bakery book now and wow ya cannot wait to start making some of the yummy treats  :) thanks doug and umpa for creating this book

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 09:32:31 AM »
3Angels i tried to write the Bakery Book so kids could use it.Let me know what you think.We have alot of teenagers on the program and i want the books to work for them too  :)

joagain

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
what will happen if I left out the corn starch ?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
Jo, look at page 1 of this post at my comment.  I substituted Guar Gum for the cornstarch.

joagain

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »

Mom1 I seen that but I didnt have any of that either so I subed 3 Tablespoons of soy flour for the corn starch and they came out very good  ,I cut them into 10 and it was 2 carbs a peice . But very good will be making these again . I want to order the Now almond flour cause it has less carbs . My coco had 1 carb per serving does yours are do they make a o carb one ?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »
My coco had 1 carb per serving does yours are do they make a o carb one ?
I use Fry's Cocoa which has 0 carbs.  I think it is a Canadian product and the parent company is Cadbury UK.  Check your stores, there must be something with 0 carbs.   I previously had been using the store brand NoName cocoa which had carbs but switched after I found out the Fry's had 0 (but of course it is more expensive!).

joagain

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »
I wonder if Netrition has the 0 carb coco ? I will have to check . I liked these better then the ones with the flax I might try the others again but these hit the spot . Trying to find more options for Tyler I want to convert him completly .

owensmath

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
I liked these better than the flax ones, too. These were closer to the "real" brownies that poison-eaters consume! : )

joagain

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »
Yes they were Owensmath .Tyler has a new healthy snack that will not make his sugar high !!!!!

joagain

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:44 AM »
Tyler likes something sweet with his turkey bacon in the morning . Right now he eats a processed fiber bar because it is better then all the other choices , But I made the almond brownies for him the other day and he loved them plus they do not make his sugar high they topped oout at 1.6 carbs a peice
 So Doug or Umpa or anyone ,what I was wondering is would it not be better for tyler to eat 1 brownie every morning then the processed fiber bar that has 19 carbs in it ? Of course I know that the carbs or less but you say not to have the sweets everyday but I would think it is better then the processed crap

Tyler said he hopes you say the brownie !!! ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:24:54 AM »
Use the brownie recipe in the bakery book for tyler.When i gave you advice in ask umpa I thought you were using my recipe. ;)Another thought for tyler is what I do,I smear peanut butter(beanit butter) on my brownie.It fills me up quick and I stay full for hours! ;)

joagain

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2011, 09:48:32 AM »
I tried those and he wasnt into those Myabe I did something wrong  I am going to try them again they were not as sweet as these maybe I can add more xylitol . I subed soy flour for the cornstarch. Or these not ok for him until I remake yours