Poll

Should #11 win a book?

yes
9 (100%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: July 26, 2010, 08:12:30 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #11  (Read 3533 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #11
« on: July 19, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
Dear Doug and Cary:

I DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP.

I was so impressed by Doug’s success story. I felt encouraged by his story. I feel that there is still hope for me. I immediately decided that I also wanted to have a “final” success story for myself.

I’ve had many “short-lived” successes which unfortunately, quickly became failures over the many attempts at losing weight. I’ve tried Weight Watchers, Dr. Bernstein, Optifast, Nutri-System, Minçavi, and more. I truly believe I’ve screwed up my whole system from yoyo dieting over the years because it is now very difficult for me to lose weight. I really don’t know how to eat anymore. I’ve basically forgotten how to eat. I’ve always been overweight ever since I can remember, since being a young child.

My worse turning point was when my 12-year-old son developed severe aplastic anemia, which is a life-threatening illness, in October 2009. I was overweight before his illness and since then, I slowly became morbidly overweight just from the worries and stresses of everything that accompanies this illness. I never saw it coming. I needed to buy a whole new wardrobe because my clothes were too tight. I became very sad and very disappointed in myself in letting myself go like that. After reading your article, I felt as though I could lose weight for the last time!

I need and want to be healthy to continue to take care of my son and my family. I can’t help “me” or anybody else if I continue to have daily headaches, extreme fatigue, lack of energy (even to wash dishes), having hip and knee pain, sleep apnea (on CPAP), shortness of breath on exertion (even when vacuuming), increasing back pain due my scoliosis, and my biggest fear of developing diabetes. I currently monitor my blood sugars and they hover at the upper limit of normal. I want to be able to walk long distances.

I need to take care of myself. I need to be healthy. I need to make positive changes in my life. I need to be able to take care of my family. I need to learn how to eat properly. I need to be happy.

I sincerely want to thank you for offering this contest to your readers. I hope I win a copy of “Fat to Skinny” but if I don’t, I only wish the best of luck to all the winners!

Linda  45 years old
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada entry #11
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »
youre killing me here doug...another yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!