0 (0%)
3 star
0 (0%)
4 star
0 (0%)
5 star
15 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: SPINACH BREAD!!!!!!  (Read 56108 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
SPINACH BREAD!!!!!!
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:42:59 PM »
Spinach Bread
Preheat oven to 350

Ingredients
10 oz. box of spinach drained well
4 eggs
½ cup parmesan cheese (kraft fine)
1 cup mozzarella
1 ½ cups almond meal
2 tstp garlic powder
½ tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder

Beat 4 eggs. Mix almond flour with baking powder and add to eggs. Add rest of ingredients .Spray pan with Pam or grease with olive oil and put batter  in  pan. Batter will be thick. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes in preheated oven.
 ;D entire loaf 28 carbs
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:59:07 PM by umpa »

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: SPINACH BREAD!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:01:04 PM »
Sounds fabulous, I can't wait to try it!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »

This sounds SO good! I printed this, and going shopping this week to try it Thank you ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:46:19 AM »
Hi Zombiegirl I am gonna try to take this dough and roll it out on a baking sheet and prebake it like a Boboli pizza crust and use it to make deep dish pizza.i will let you know how it turns out.Have a great day! ::)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:19 AM »
OMG!! That's SO brilliant. Where can you get the almond meal? My stores around here arent very well....good..

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:08 AM »
i buy my almond flour/meal at amazon because its cheap.i have the amazon prime shipping so all my shipping is free with a yearly charge.I like the Red Mill brand because its reasonably priced and always fresh.Most grocery stores carry red mill flours in the baking aisle so if you ask the manager he can probally order it.Almond flour is very similiar to semolina flour.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 09:50:44 AM »
I looked on amazon for almond meal and all I could find was a tiny bag for $35 that seemed terribly pricey to me. Im wondering if I could get it anywhere else....

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »
Hi Beebs! What you saw at amazon was a case price.I do alot of baking so i order by the case.The website for the manufacter is www.bobsredmill.com  phone number is (800) 653-1339Most grocery stores carry this brand and if they carry it they can order any of the products.The amazon price is about$8.25 abag at case price.In a whole loaf of bread you use a 1 1/2 cups, same for cakes.It should last a while especially if you mix it with other flours.If i can help you let me know. ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
OHHHH. Ok $8 was about the price I was expecting so when I saw the other I was like no way.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »
It has the same consistency as semolina.It is very good!! I make a coconut cake with it that is out of this world! ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
I have no idea what semolina is. I still have alot of things I need to add to my cupboards.

Dordhs

• [url=http://hivescureopinions.info]skin hives treatment[/url] urticaria blood test
    • MSN Messenger - pawlak23.60@go2.pl
    • View Profile
    • urticaria hypothyroidism  or urtica urens boiron
SPINACH BREAD
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »
I am sorry,I thought you all knew how to make a yeast bread. All right then, here it goes. I mix the flour,oats,salt,yeast,gluten and flax seeds into my KA bowl and stir eveything by hand to have it mixed. Then I pour the warm water with the sugar dissoved in it into the KA bowl over my flour mix and stir it all with wooden spoon to get it evenly wet. Now I put the bowl onto the mixer stand ,add the oil and knead it all together with the dough hook for about 10 minutes. While the dough is getting kneaded I grease my 5x9 loaf pan. After the 10 minutes are up I stop the KA and remove the dough hook and cover the dough to let it rise the first time for about 30 minutes.Then I deflate the dough and shape it into an oblong loaf to fit into the loaf pan. I gently press the dough into the pan so it is even on top . Now it is time to let it all  rest and rise a secongd time for 45 minutes to an hour or until the dough is roughly 1 1/2 inche above the loaf pan. Baking the bread is the next thing and I bake it  485 F for 25 minutes,after I made 3 slits in top with a SHARP knife.After I take my creation right away out of the oven and then take the bread out of the baking pan to let it cool in a wire rack. I hope I did not forget anything important ?

This is a low-salt recipe and for most people you shoud double the amount of salt to give you a better tasting loaf
skin urticaria  chronic urticaria xolair

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 09:55:39 PM »
Oh, many of us know how to make yeast bread however this eating program eliminates all grains and flour. The challenge is to develop recipes without using wheat flour, grains or yeast. Hazelnut flour, almond flour, soy flower, flax seed flour are all acceptable. They do not metabolize into sugar the way grain flours do. Are you in the UK? 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »
Beebs STOP!!! Do not buy semolina very bad!!I meant i use almond flour to make coconut cake!!!!You dont have to buy almond flour at all you can just grind almonds in a food processor!Sorry for the misunderstanding!!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »
LOL! I had no idea what it even was. I found the red nills almond flour at my local grocers, so Im happy. I have no idea what Im gonna do with it, other than spinach bread pizza.