Poll

should #59 win a book?

yes
8 (88.9%)
no
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 09:46:57 AM

Author Topic: Canada entry #59  (Read 2074 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #59
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:46:57 AM »
Good Afternoon, my name is Dusty, and I am responding to the article in the London Free Press on July 5th 2010 in regards to Doug Varrieur's book Fat to Skinny.

I am a 34 year old guy, working as an Advanced Care Paramedic for the past 14 years.  I am married with two fantastic kids, ages 5 and 7.  I have also been living with Diabetes for the past 16 years.  Myself, like every other young person that is diagnosed with diabetes, looked at that diagnosiss as the end of everything.  Watching what you eat, maintaining a healthy meal plan, and the snacks, and snacks and oh yeah did I mention the snacks.  It almost seems that eating becomes the sole focus of managing Diabetes as well as the multiple injections that go along with it.  I have found the over the past few years, that even though I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle, chasing kids and interacting with them, the weight has continued to pile on.  I have seen my injections and the units of Insulin that I take steadily increase.  I have hypertension, and hig cholesterol, mostly in
part to Diabetes and it's effects on the Thyroid.  I would throughly enjoy another prospective, and especially a new way to eat and look at food, as described in Varrieur's book, and would follow his approach in maintaining a healthy balance of eating and exercise.  I look at the patients I care for, and desperately want to try and help myseld too, so as not to cut my career and my life short.  But most importantly, I want to be there for my wife and two kids to help educate and teach them to enjoy themselves, and be able to live healthy.

Thank you for your consideration.

Dusty
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)