Poll

should #60 win a book?

yes
4 (66.7%)
no
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 09:48:37 AM

Author Topic: Canada entry #60  (Read 2016 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #60
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »
I just read in the Sudbury Star (July 5th 2010) Doug Varrieur, article regarding him losing more than 100 pounds.I am compelled to write regarding my husband’s obesity and his need to lose weight. A copy of Doug Varrieur’s book could certainly help and save his life.

My husband, Georges, will be 54 this year and weighs 350 pounds.  In the last 5 years he has had 2 strokes and a heart attack. This past January 2010, when he had his last stroke I became very upset and told him how frustrated I was with him and with his lack of motivation to lose weight.

After struggling with infertility for many years, in 2000, thanks to our local Children Aid Society, we were able to adopt twin girls.  Today, our daughters are 10 years old and the joy of our life.  But my biggest fear is that I will be left to raise the girls on my own.  Over the years my husband has lost weight only to regain the weight (and more) back.  I have been telling him that he needs to lose the weight and keep it off if he has any intention to see his girls grow up into beautiful successful women.

Georges has proven that he is able to lose weight but unfortunately he is not able to keep himself motivated to keep it off.  I have told him that the changes he makes need to be life time changes.  It needs to become a new life style for him.  He cannot follow a fad diet that promises that he will lose weight because once he stops that diet he will only regain (and more)  the weight.

As of January 2010, he has kept his promise to me and the girls.  He has hired a personal trainer and has started the Weight Watchers program.  To date, he has lost approximately 40 pounds.  He is presently on a good path.  I am very proud of him and of his present motivation.  I am always supporting him and looking for any tools or information in order to educate him regarding good eating habits.  Hence, the need for a copy of Doug Varrieur’s book regarding the sugar in our diets.

I thank you for giving me the chance to tell my story and hoping to receive a copy of Fat to Skinny.

Georges
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)