Poll

Should #74 win a book?

yes
4 (66.7%)
no
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 02:04:53 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #74  (Read 3074 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #74
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
Hi, my name is Lorraine. I am 51 years old. In October 2007, I had a major pancreatic attack brought on by Q Fever. I was in a coma for 31 days, had surgery, and was in hospital for a total of six months that year. Prior to this I had no health issues. I am now on the road to recovery, but was diagnosed with Diabetes six months ago and have been taking insulin since. I am overweight also, ( I gained back to where I was before I got sick). I have been overweight all my life but I have also led an active lifestyle. Up until this point being overweight was not really an issue. I read the article "He beat sweet treats" in the Edmonton Sun and I really feel that I want to rid my life of sweets. I am not a sweet freak, I do love chololate! My angle is more to the ridding myself of taking the insulin. I try to eat properly, and get exercise but  still have trouble with my sugars. I do not want to be on the insulin for the rest of my life, so if I can cut out the sweets and have a substitution, lose weight, and not have it be a major, major lifestyle change, I really want to try it. I will buy the book anyway, but thought I would share this with you first. 

Thanxs
Lorraine
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)