Poll

should #75 win a book?

yes
6 (75%)
no
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: July 27, 2010, 02:06:08 PM

Author Topic: Canada entry #75  (Read 3387 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Canada entry #75
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:06:08 PM »
Hi Cary, I would like to win a copy of Doug Varrieur's book.  I am a woman in my forties who is five feet nothing.  I have lost 40 lbs. in the last year in a half, but have another 100 lbs. to go.  I exercise every day for one hour walking on my treadmill, and lifting some weights.  I eat healthy foods, but have a hard time with portion control because at times I am so hungry or think I am.   I crave salty & sweet.  I am not a diabetic, but have some family members who are so the potential is there.  I do not want to regain what I have lost as I feel so good, but everyday is hard because I at times lack control.

I have lost the forty pounds, but really need to lose the remaining 100 pounds.  I feel so good now, that I want to know what it would be like to be at a healthy goal weight.  I'm thinking I may feel better than I did in my twenties.  People say to me you exercise, but don't lose weight so why bother.  I know exercise makes me feel better.  Forty pounds ago, I would wake up sore and hurting, too tired to get out of bed.  Now, I get a good sleep (was a chronic snorer, sleep apnea ruled out), and feel good when I get out of bed.  I know I was slowly dying before.  My doctor said surgery was an option, but to me it wasn't worth the risk.  I would rather lose weight the healthy painless way, so I've been working at it for 3 years.   It has taken me that long to make exercise a habit and priority.  I am pain free in my knees, feet, and back, whereas, two years ago, I hurt all over especially in these areas.

I am looking for something to motivate me again, as I seem like I am in a real slump.  I am hoping Doug Varrieur's book would provide me with some education on foods that are carb loaded that I could avoid that would enable me to keep losing.  I was really interested when he said fat doesn't make you fat, but the excess glucose we eat does.  I'm a girl that buys the fat free mayo, fat free yogurt, fat free sour cream, etc., so maybe I could learn something about this.  I think I may have went about this all wrong all these years.  I could use a low-sugar plan.  I feel I am addicted to sweets.  Not the sugar bowl, but the cookies, the chocolate, and the ice cream at this time of year.

I hope you agree that I need some help.  I do not want to regain the 40 ponds I've lost.  I need that motivation and a new way of looking at things as I do not want to get diabetes.  I want to continue being healthy and continue to have a surge in energy as I lose weight, so please pick me to win Doug's book.  By the way, I look forward to Monday's paper with your weekly column in it.  I wish there was more on nutrition and exercise.
--
bye
Donna
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Canada entry #75
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
motivate her doug 8)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Canada entry #75
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
Amen!!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17