Author Topic: Newby-No weight- loss Yet! Why?  (Read 11401 times)

Agogo

• View Profile
Newby-No weight- loss Yet! Why?
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:52:55 PM »
I am new to this posting board. I bought the book at the bookstore. I loved it; then I went online and bought everything else including the MP3 book download-even though I already have the book, all the cookbooks, carb-counter etc. Now I am reaching out to the forum gurus to get me enlightened. I started this program ten days ago and I have not deviated whatsoever. I work out a minimum of four times a week-weight lifting or participating in a local program that does an assortment of Pilates/yoga/ballet. I drink lots of water, and drink my coffee with heavy cream, and no alcohol-ever. I eat meat and my veggies all within the FTS rules. I do indulged in SF candies periodically and I have actually baked some of Doug’s wonderful breads specifically the spinach bread and the pumpkin bread and his pumpkin pie—all to my family’s terror and shock—they don’t allow me to cook anything without first notifying the local fire department—OK Home Ed. was never my forte. But, I have successfully created bakeries thanks to Doug’s easy to follow directions and his videos when I am feeling especially literately challenged. My question is because I am not losing weight like everybody else here must I simply revert to just eating meat (unprocessed) and the declared low carb veggies? That question includes –do I omit cheese too? I already understand from reading the posts that I have to throw out the SF candies which I love but hey I love ridding myself of excess fat more. Secondly, do I have to cut out Doug’s fabulous spinach and pumpkin bread too??? Please advise I really want to be a happy success story to add to your forum. If it works for me I can inspire and invite family members to do the same. I am 5’5” and weigh 150 pounds. I eagerly await a response.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:08:03 AM by Doug Varrieur »

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi Agogo and welcome to the forum!  ;D   I sure don't consider myself to be a guru (ha ha), but we're all definitely here to support you.  I would suggest that maybe you post a few days of exactly what you are eating and drinking so some of our moderators can look at it for you.  Sometimes carbs slip in and we don't realize it.  Also, if you find that you are staying at 20 or less carbs and you are not losing, you may have to drop it down to maybe 15 to get going. 

Sounds like you have already checked out the recipe exchange.  Aren't the recipes amazing!
So glad you are here!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Welcome to the family, Agogo!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yes, maddysmom is right.
If you post your meal plans, we can look at them to see what the problem might be.

Doug set up a special board here for that purpose at;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?board=32.0

The focus of the FTS lifestyle is watching net carb intake and control of portion sizes.
Unlike "diets", we do not focus on fat.
In fact, a number of members have recently reported that their progress improved by eating more fat.

Some of the most supportive people on Earth frequent this forum.
You're gonna like it here! ;)

I'm looking forward to learning about your FTS journey.

Tony
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:18:46 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

Welcome to the family, Agogo!!   Tony and Maddysmom are right.... you should post a few days of your menu.  It is so easy to not see some carbs that sneak in.  Maybe your portions are a little off??  Did you start off as Doug suggests to find your true eating schedule??  I use to think I had to eat 3 meals a day no matter what....LOL  I might get one good one in only because I have to cook for the hubs  ;)  Other than that I have more or less (what I would have called a snack before FTS) a few times a day.   Also I might add that everyone is different.  Some drop weight fast while others go a bit slow.  Be sure to measure yourself.... with me sometimes when I'm not dropping weight the inches are changing   ;)  Sounds like you have a pretty good start on it all though..... again Welcome and don't be a stranger  ;D ;D

Agogo

• View Profile
I really appreciate all the feedback. I will go ahead and catalogue my food intake.  Should I omit Doug’s spinach and pumpkin bread? Or is it considered part of the straight forward no or very low carb eating concept?

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Welcome Agogo to FTS.  You will love it here.  There are great folks that have great ideas as well as Doug and Umpa to guide you.  Good Luck in your journey to a new you.  ;)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

Welcome Agogo , The SF candy should be the first to go and if you are counting the carbs in the bread as part of your 20 you should be fine.

But one thing that I can say is 5'5 at 150 pounds maybe you dont need to lose weight and that is why it is going to be harder . That is my goal weight  !!

Post your meals  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
Welcome Agogo, I am in my 5th week of FTS. I weigh every weekend. In 4 weeks I have lost 15 pounds.  All of Doug's recipes are low carb and for us to eat now.  Yes we are allowed cheese so enjoy it, but watch premade cheese sauce as most of the time it has sugar in it.  I was never much of a cook either but oh this diet you need to be and you need to plan and prepare ahead.
You will do well and this forum is the best ever for sure so welcome to FTS. Together we are all  going to reach our goals and improve our life.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Agogo

• View Profile
Re: Newby-No [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] Yet! Why?
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 10:32:08 AM »
Very Good! I will go forward without any SF candies..dang it I really like them. And, I will continue with Doug's spinach and pumpkin breads, and just plain protein-meat, and allowed veggies-cauliflower/lettuce etc. I am very appreciative of everyone's feedback it is so welcoming and comforting to know that everyone is sharing in their weight loss journey together. In regards to still wanting to lose weight at my current weight of 150 5'5' that is actually what my doctor said... that I need to be below 132 to be where she wants me to be. So she is super healthy and I appreciate that she practices what she preaches and I feel its reasonable---besides my husband said that I get to buy lots of new clothes if I do it and maintain it for a set duration! Woo Woo!! Today I am going to start documenting my food intake and post it. I welcome any constructive ideas or suggestions. Thank you everyone! Thank you!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Hi Agogo! :)

I get the impression that your doctor is "athletic" minded about your weight.
This may be why the stress on the lower weight to height ratio.

This is OK.
But keep in mind that when you reach 132, if you begin a rigorous exercise routine, you're likely to go back up toward 150 due to increased muscle mass.
Muscle is much heavier than FAT.

Personally, I believe that one's ideal weight is that weight where s/he looks and feels good.
That may mean a few more pounds than those "ideal" weight charts suggest.

So, follow the FTS rules and take your journey one day at a time.
You WILL reach your ideal weight and be healthier in the process! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome Agogo! I am umpa dougs wife if I can help please ask.Stick close to the forum and we will get you losing ;) ;) ;) Its usually something you are missing like splenda.Post your menus and we will help :)I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert any recipe to fat to skinny friendly.

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
Re: Newby-No weight- loss Yet! Why?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 12:23:40 PM »
Welcome Agogo!! I hope you find this forum as helpful as I do.  This is the best forum EVER!!  Good luck on your journey  ;)