Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Sugar Alcohols

Where do I find Sugar Alcohols on my lables

(1/4) > >>

Doug Varrieur:
Hello,

I have enjoyed reading your book and would love to change what I eat to a healthier diet.   But, my question is... when I read labels I can't find the "sugar alcohol" content?  I can find the fiber, sugar, etc.   Am I missing something?  I am trying to figure out the Net Carbs of products.

Thank you!

Susan

Doug Varrieur:
Sugar Alcohols will only be listed on labels of sugar free products like candy and ice cream. If you don't see them listed on the label there not in the product and don't need to be addressed in your net carb calculations.

Cyndi:
I had that same question...now I see...ok... I have much cleaning through from from cupboards etc.. and So when I look at the labels on all my reg. products(not sugar free) there is no 'sugar alcohols'....so total carbs is just that...total carbs which include the sugar and fiber  ..no subtracting right...sorry...very very new to me, never was a label reader...blessings~

Doug Varrieur:
No problem Cyndi, we all start at the beginning :) Keep moving forward.  Thanks for the prayer on the other thread.

LambsthatRoar:
Im still confused about this. So if there are no sugar alcohols on the label do we still deduct the fiber from the carbs? thank you and GB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version