Author Topic: Julian Bakery Claims of low carb bread in question  (Read 20848 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Julian Bakery Claims of low carb bread in question
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum Bluecrab!  Good luck with your journey!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
Well done , let me know how you make out. You should buy the FAT TO SKINNY Sugar Free Bakery book, you have all the recipes you'll ever need for breads, rolls, cakes, pies, etc......

Check it out here- FAT TO SKINNY Sugar Free Bakery
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:16:29 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

bluecrab

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »
Ok, here's the response that I received:

Yes, our Smart Carb # 1 bread was tested by a independent lab in Irvine, CA. In addition to the testing we also had Type 2 Diabetics give us there readings so we new that we had a bread that was not only good for low carb dieters but Diabetics as well. The articles you reference have to do with our older bread formula but in August we launched the new and improved version that was specifically formulated for Diabetics. Just out of curiosity have you tested your blood glucose level before and two hours after eating just one slice?

They still didn't answer my question.

bluecrab

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
And, finally, this response:

I will request the lab results from the owner and get back with you. I think they were planning on scanning the results and posting them online anyways. I will e-mail you as soon as soon as this is done. Also to put your mind at ease read this blog posting from a type 2 Diabetic: http://plainolfood.blogspot.com/2009/04/julian-bakerys-smart-carb-1-bread.html

I will follow up with you soon regarding the results but I urge you to do your own testing in the morning with just water and one slice of our bread and test your BG before and two hours after.

Thank You!

Not sure what to do. I have a loaf of this "new" formula bread but I am hesitant to try it. Hmmm.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2011, 09:33:32 AM »
So let me get this straight...... their "old" recipe which they claimed to be 1 carb per slice has now been busted so they have a new recipe with new claims....hum, makes me question their honesty. Is it possible they now have a good low carb formula? Anything is possible.

Nothing tells the truth better than a blood sugar test. Do you have a meter or access to a meter?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:38:43 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
thats what i would like to know for tylers sake . If you have a meter check right before eating it then 1 hour after and 2 hours after . Do they sale that bread anywhere are do you have to order it ?