Author Topic: No-Bake Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars  (Read 12706 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: No-Bake Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:22:20 PM »
Xylitol is twice as sweet as sugar.Depending on the  recipe and other ingredients(if any other ingredients are sweet) i cut it in half.If there are other sweet ingredients I cut it down to 1/3.Xylitol makes a great simple syrup because it melts easily.It also prevents tooth decay.If you don't have xylitol use the sweetner of your choice.I also like stevia.Just remember with stevia and xylitol make sure its 100 % pure with no fillers.Fillers mean carbs.The coconut oil can be omitted or replaced with walnut or grapeseed oil.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
The Coconut Cream Cheesecake Bars are SOOO good and really easy to make!  I cut them into 12 bars which would be less than 2 carbs per bar.  I will definitely be making these again!  I think I can make it through the holidays with great desserts like THIS! 

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
It is easier to get through the holidays with these great recipes because you are not choking on the guilt of indulging in treats that are bad for you.  I don't know about you, but in the past, anytime I ate things that I knew were putting pounds on me, I would feel so bad later.  FTS is so great!  I love being able to have treats and enjoy every bite without any guilt.  Thanks Doug & Umpa!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:34 AM »
Xylitol is twice as sweet as sugar.Depending on the  recipe and other ingredients(if any other ingredients are sweet) i cut it in half.If there are other sweet ingredients I cut it down to 1/3.Xylitol makes a great simple syrup because it melts easily.It also prevents tooth decay.If you don't have xylitol use the sweetner of your choice.I also like stevia.Just remember with stevia and xylitol make sure its 100 % pure with no fillers.Fillers mean carbs.The coconut oil can be omitted or replaced with walnut or grapeseed oil.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
These are great! Made them to take for Easter family lunch today.  We have 2 immediate family members who are diabetic but everyone who likes coconut enjoyed. I added a little melted butter to make crust (nuts) stick together.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 12:13:38 PM »
Made these again yesterday with a little change! Used the graham cracker crust from the Dixie Diner. Left coconut out but melted a little of the sugarfree chocolate chips and blended with the cream cheese mixture. It was great, kind of like a Oreo taste. My girls don't like coconut so this works, it sets up great and was yummy!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 04:06:03 PM »
Sounds good Amber! ;D ;D
I used to love Double-Stuff Oreos!
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »
LOVE this recipe! Thanks Jo  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)