Author Topic: HELP ME OR I WILL SURELY DIE  (Read 14860 times)

jannmarino

• View Profile
HELP ME OR I WILL SURELY DIE
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
 Mr. Varrieur,

Please don't be like the Dr. Oz show and send me an auto responder saying you cannot answer all e-mail.

I first watched you on the 700 club being interview on how you lost you weight and kept it off.  I watched it several times again via internet on the cbn web site.  I finally decided to by the book.  It was easy reading  and easy to understand. I finally had some hope.  This came at the time when I just had told my family doctor, that I never want to talk to her about my weight again, what ever is, is!

Ath the end of April, I started what you were teaching.  I made some mistakes, but by May 5th, I was on my way.  I tried so many diets and "way of life" diets and never lost weight, so I was afraid to even weigh myself.  By the End of June I went to the office of my endocrinologist, just to weigh myself, and I DIDNOT LOSE 1 POUND.  I had seen by family in Maryland last Easter and was hoping I would have lost at least 20 pounds by August,2010 as my family is coming here for a visit.  People who have given up white flour, pasta, rice as I did, at least lose 5 pounds, but not Joyce Marino.

I retired after of 42 yrs of service, about 1/2 of that time I worked 3-11pm.  My body is still on that schedule, so it is very late when I finally fall asleep.  I see clearly that when I am tired and cannot fall asleep, I eat.  Yet I tried to follow what I would be allowed, such a turkey, hard salami or sandwich pepperoni with cheese or the frozen strawberries or sometimes pork rinds with salsa.  Although I felt better, I physically weighed the same.  I am grossly overweight.  I weight 282 pounds and need to lose at least 155+ pounds.  My meds are Humalog 75/25 x 2 daily, 90 units in the am and 80 in the pm.  I also take metformin 1000 and glyburied.  Diltiazam, enalapril and clonidine for my blood pressure and simvastatin for my cholesterol.

GOD HAS BEEN MERCIFUL TO ME THUS FAR.  Yet I feel as I am getting older, my time may be running out unless I lose this weight.  PLEASE HELP ME, TELL MY WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!  Attached is my meals & what & how I am eating.  Is there something that I am doing wrong.

Thank You
Joyce Marino

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:13:53 PM by Doug Varrieur »

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] stalled! why
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
ok instead of copy & pasteing all of this info:( you just type in what your wanting to know & what youre eating???? most of this is mumbo/jumbo:(  if you are following the FTS plan/lifestyle you will succeed:) remember it is not a "diet" we are all here to help you & each other:) keep the faith and stick to it and you will see the results:)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:12:04 PM by katary »

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
much better:) from what i can gather from this email...portion control,eating right before you go to bed, & you mention you "try" to follow what you would be allowed to eat??? the foods you said you ate,turkey, hard salami or sandwich pepperoni with cheese or the frozen strawberries or sometimes pork rinds with salsa. are all ok...but how much of these foods did you eat? is that all youre eating,i mean are you eating other meals thru the day,and then eating this before you go to bed? i'm thinking a food journal would be the place to start:) not only what you eat,but when you eat it,many other foods have hidden carbs...you may be eating foods that you think are safe,but in reality are just as bad for you as the flour,rice & pasta you mentioned that you gave up....you have to do more than"try" you have to live it 24/7,not just when its convenient or when youre thinking about it:) good health is within your reach:) but you have to cling to it:)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
WELCOME JOYCE...We are here FOR you and WITH you~ Please believe you have finally found the truth...I see you have read Doug's book....Truly it has opened your eyes to the truth of the sugar that has trapped us and now together we will defeat the enemy!! You are right where you are supposed to be!! KEEP GOING.... REMEMBER.. IT IS LIFESTYLE NOT DIET~~ You WIN !! Lord bless you~~ Cyndi
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:34:31 PM by Cyndi »

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
Hi Joyce,
Gary is right, portion is the key . Try to limit your strawberries to no more than 1/2 cup in a day, replace the flatout breadwith the La Tortilla Factory tortillas and right there you will make a big deduction in the carbs you are eating

Hang in there!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: HELP ME OR I WILL SURELY DIE
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »
OK Joyce the proper advice is feeding into you thread now I'll chime in. First I suggest you eliminate all carbs possible from your eating plan to force your body into ketosis (the biological act of burning fat as fuel) Once the scale starts to move you can start adding a few more into your eating plan. For some of us 20 carbs per day are too many  ??? It all comes down to your personal metabolism. Sooooo..... replace the sandwich wraps with lettuce, cut the strawberries, sweets, pizza sauce, whole wheat shells, Atkins bars, tasty kakes etc.... For you I want you to remember one rule and follow it;

MEATS AND GREENS WILL MAKE YOU LEAN!  Stick to protein, protein, protein and veggies from my list in the book, watch your serving sizes and be committed to your goal. It may sound harsh but trust me it will work for you.

REWARD- buy some 0 net carb HARD sugar free candies and have one after each meal.

How bad do you want it Joyce ?    That's where it all starts  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:26 PM »
Hey Joyce my son is type 1 diabetic , And when he eats low carb we just have to adjust insulin you need to call your doc and tell him you need to drop the dose that is affecting your evening sugar . Find out  how many hours after your take PM dose is it peeking  & if that is when your sugar is dropping Then I would drop back that Pm dose . Will your doctor not help you with that ? I know sometimes when you get type2 diabetes as a adult they just send you home with a meter &insulin & say lose weight . Thats what they told my husband anyway ,we just knew alittle more because of what I had learned from my son in the last 4 years . I hope you can figure out what to do you just need a lower dose but you need to call doc .Hope ypu feel better I know the lows are terrible I see my son deal with just about every other day . Matter a fact he just came in the room and said" mom I my sugar is 55 ".

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
Jo is correct Joyce....remember your Doc put you on the doses you're taking based on the prior eating habits which were very high sugar in comparison to to the new eating habits of almost no sugar. I'm sure others will chime in but my advice is to contact the doc and get the meds adjusted based on your current readings.  Beebs....Owensmath, what are your thoughts?

owensmath

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
I agree that you should contact your doctor and give him/her all of the information you shared here and more. Your A1c results should prove that you have been doing the low carb thing, since it's a 3 month average.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 04:31:44 PM »
Ive had the fear of dropping out. I have passed out and seizures many times. The best thing to do is make sure your last meal is something that will stick with you and check your sugar OFTEN!

gonnagetthere

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
That is my greatest fear for tyler that it will happen while we are asleep & I will not hear him

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 08:20:43 PM »
We keep capri sun juice pouches for me. Easy access. Do you keep stuff like that for Tyler?Even if you dont hear him if he can grab a juice box or something fast and drink it...juice boxes arent heavy or hard to open if he is feeling weak or confused. There are glucose tablets and stuff but they taste super gross. Koolaid jammers are nice for a quick fix.

jannmarino

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 04:19:51 PM »
Well after months of 1st, feeling very depressed that I had not lost any weight in 5 months, 2nd trying another diet. I came to the conclusion that this method of weight loss seemed to be the best method for weight loss.  I eased back into it in the end of Janurary and am very aware of the intake of carbs.  Preparing foods ahead seem to be a big help.  My blood surgar dropped big time only once so far, but I have no idea why (57).  I do like  my tastykakes, but I do put a limit on those and I have found the latorilla factory flat bread at my local grocery store and I try to keep to a minimum with those.  I amy really trying to keep those carbs to a bare mnimum.  I do eat meats and veggies from the list from my book,'fat to skinny'.  And I have been trying to come up with recipes that are simple, because I do not like to cook.  So if anyone has simple recipes, please share.  Thanks for the support.

Joyce Marino

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 09:28:24 AM »
Hi Jan, there are a ton of recipes on this forum in the recipe boards, you should check them out. Here's my suggestion for you. Every 3 or 4 days bake off a chicken, or turkey, or ham, or a roast (pork or beef). C'mon it's as easy as it gets....a little salt and pepper, into a baking pan and into a 350 degree oven for allotted time. This way your main ingredient on your plate is already cooked. Freeze some portions for quick easy meals.

I remember when you first came to us with this post which you titled  HELP ME OR I WILL SURELY DIE. We can help you till we're blue in the face but the truth is you need to help yourself.

Hugz from Doug