Author Topic: Excited to start FTS SERIOUSLY & Properly!!!  (Read 1835 times)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
Excited to start FTS SERIOUSLY & Properly!!!
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:16:05 PM »
OMG, I just read the book cover to cover and I am so inspired to start my new sugar free lifestyle and get SKINNY once and for all.

I'm making my announcement here because I'm a big believer in making yourself accountable and putting it out there! 

I also want to send a sincere shout out to Doug, not only for writing such a great straight forward book but to you and Umpa for answering my nervous posts! :-)

This lifestyle plan makes so much sense. I can't believe I thought this was like Atkins.  Doug is not suggesting to go low carb/high fat/moderate protein like Atkins...he's saying kick the sugar!  I was eating so much fat on Atkins (that contained sugar) and wondering why I wasn't losing weight.  I should be focussing on eliminating sugar, not on mixing fat and protein.

I have a pretty bad binge eating disorder and I truly believe it is my addiction to sugar and following silly, restrictive plans that have escalated this disorder.  I just threw out all my diet books (Fat Flush Plan, Atkins etc.) and I am going to give FTS an honest and whole hearted try.

I stopped myself from buying the kiddies some mini muffins and croissants today (because I don't want to be tempted any longer and end up eating it all!) and threw out some heavy duty carbs in the house.

I even found a Low Carb Grocery store 20 minutes from my house (who knew it existed?..is this fate?) and stocked my cupboards with Doug's suggested items (GG crispbread, etc) and am looking forward to my Smaps, almond milk and strawberries for breakfast tomorrow!  I then bought sugar free peanut butter cookies for my little kids and have decided we're all going sugar free (even though they won't really know it at first) and see how my hubby and kids do a month from now.

I finally feel hopeful about losing this weight, feeling better and taking back control of my life.  Sugar will never control my life again.

Now I just have to not think about calories (because this is ingrained in me after 25 years of dieting) and not weighing myself all the time but I'll work on that!

Thank you for reading and for all of your support.

Nic

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
Re: Excited to start FTS SERIOUSLY & Properly!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »
Nice post nic, looking forward to FTS ing with you!!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Excited to start FTS SERIOUSLY & Properly!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 08:36:24 AM »
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!....You will not believe how wonderful its feels to rid yourself of all the poison...And you will eventually look at what others are eating and be grossed out by it I promise..lol..Its amazing now at grocerys stores seeing whats going into carts....Whats in their mouths as they shop..lol.You will notice it all and be so glad you found the way!!!...Thanks to Doug and that wonderful bold Yellow & Red Book!!!...The one problem I had but now completely over is calories also...Its so drilled in our heads that was a hard one to get rid of but...I Did and so will  you...Good Luck!!!
Live each day as if it was on purpose.