Author Topic: Ate more & Finally Lost my 1st pound!  (Read 5585 times)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
Ate more & Finally Lost my 1st pound!
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
So I know I shouldn't be weighing myself but after 4 days on FTS I was so frustrated by staying the same that I overdid my carbs by 5 net carbs and did a little emotional eating (I'm working on it) but I did not divert from FTS foods and just ate low carb sugar free foods. 

I was even ready to pack it in and was going to do my usual "last dinner" binge before embarking on something else but this morning I weighed myself and was shocked to see a 1 lb loss.

The moral of the story is to BE PATIENT, stay the course and stick to it.  I just posted here the other day that I was "Excited to Start FTS properly" and thanking Doug for his book and then here I was 2 days later getting so frustrated. RIDICULOUS and so impatient.

My body was probably so confused without the sugar and all the fat I was eating on Atkins. 

I have to remind myself that this is a lifestyle not a race. Also I didn't gain the 15lbs overnight so it's not going to come off in a few weeks.  I guess I took the "FAST & EASY" to heart and because I am so used to fast losses on Atkins and this is the first plan that I didn't experience overnight success,

In retrospect, it is much better to come off slow and steady.  I'll get there, even if it's .5 - 1 lb per wek.

Thanks for reading.  I'm going to have to re-read this post from time to time when I get frustrated. 

gonnagetthere

Re: Ate more & Finally Lost my 1st pound!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:25:45 AM »
We all seem to have the same problem & want instant results ,I for one had my son hide the scale . I have a serious problem with what the scale says & staying focused I feel so much better even if I dont lose I the fact is I still FEEL BETTER .
 I think that we have been so programed hearing how fast & easy if you do this & this but as Doug says everyone is different. But boy oh boy it is hard when you get on the scale after a week of doing everything right & lose 0 . I have to say to myself I feel better & I did not gain . Good luck ,we all in the same boat some just have farther to go then others . Jo

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »
locarbnic Congrats!Once your body starts feeding on itself and the sugar stores it will come off faster.This is not a race but merely a lifestyle change.We see alot of people come and go here.Alot don't make it past the two weeks of sugar withdrawals.Sugar is like herion.But the ones that do make it, their lives are changed! :)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
Thanks. I"m going to do my best to stick it out.  I've been so moody the past few days which has got to be sugar withdrawl.  I didn't realize the hidden sugars I was eating (in mayo, salad dressings etc).

I'm sure it will get better and easier as time goes on.

Just enjoyed my sugar free breakfast of a hardboiled egg and a gg crisbpbread with butter. 2.5 carbs

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:01:46 AM »
just remember don't deprive yourself.Eat until you are full.If your body thinks you are starving it, it will hold onto the fat.And eat often ;)

toddy44

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:06:45 AM »
I think that's my problem, I'm not eating enough.
I have to be more organised and eat those snacks, instead of staying hungry (at work) and waiting till I can go for lunch.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:10:40 PM »
You should forget the whole concept of dieting and weight loss...as a matter of fact simply ask yourself "Am I enjoying my food and these new recipes"? "Am I feeling full and satisfied after I eat"? "Do I feel better with sugar out of my life"?

GUESS WHAT?....weight loss will just be a bonus!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 07:33:14 PM »
That's so interesting that you wrote that because I didn't read your post today and that is exactly how I felt today for the first time since I started this FTS journey.

I enjoyed my food, my mood is better, I feel content on less food and not the gross heavy rich food I was eating on Atkins either. 

I feel confident that I will get where I want to get but in the meantime, what a freedom not to be a slave to sugar!

toddy44

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 09:02:15 PM »
But Doug its so hard to get that old concept out of our head - and isn't that why we all started FTS, even yourself?, to lose weight?
I am trying to rid myself of my old ways, the food is not the problem, its the mental stuff.  If you feel full, then you can't possibly be on your way to losing weight.
Its a struggle, but I'm not going anywhere, except to the Home button on the forum!
Linda

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 09:06:13 AM »
Toddy your first commitment should be to better health then weight loss. The weight loss is the by product.Sugar has been called by doctors fertilizer for cancer.Let alone it is killing our children.This is the first generation that will not outlive their parents ages.Its really sad and if we don't educate the adults the children won't be taught.Kids don't have money, its the parents buying the sugar.You really are doing well toddy! ;)

toddy44

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
Thanks Umpa, I needed to hear that!
Linda

founditatlast

• Glad this is a way of life not a diet!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - giftsbydlynn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - founditatlast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
nicely put, Umpa!  BTW, how did you come by the 'handle' UMPA?

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »
I gave Sherri the nick name "Umpa" after the Umpa Lumpa characters on Willy Wonka. She is the sweetest thing that ever entered my life, right out of a candy factory AND she's only 3 1/2 feet tall  ;)..... Umpa!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 09:43:20 AM by Doug Varrieur »
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
Thats why I know how to make all these sweets!! I was taught by my peoples! :D

owensmath

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
well....the topic is "I ate more and lost weight" but...
last night we were at dinner and I only ate half of my steak...I stopped when I felt satisfied so my husband finished his AND mine. He said, "Are you SURE you're full?" My reply was, "I am satisfied, and if I eat anymore I won't feel this good." I was so proud of myself AND I lost two more pounds for a grand total of 29 since mid April...slow and steady I'm winning this race....