Author Topic: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!  (Read 160511 times)

beebs

• View Profile
Re: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2010, 09:04:16 PM »
Hrmmm. Im making the flax bred what are you making?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
I made this as pancakes the other day and they were delish!!  Topped with SF syrup, what a treat...and no guilt!!  Beebs about your bread turning lumpy, maybe it's because your baking powder is not mixed in evenly.  I stir the baking powder into the flax meal with a fork and make sure there are no white clumps before I stir it into the butter and egg.  If the baking powder is evenly distributed it shouldn't be lumpy.  Then I just stir it altogether with a fork until smooth.  I don't get out the hand mixer for that.

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 08:22:06 PM »
I think the flax bread tastes kind of poopy. Are you making pancakes with it and how?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »
 1 Minute Muffin Batter as Pancakes
I just used the original recipe  
Melt 1 T butter in a coffee cup or 1 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
.   Mix in ¼ cup  golden flaxseed meal
.   ½ tsp baking powder (stir this into the flax seed meal gently with a fork)
.   1 egg
.   Sweetener (to personal taste): 1 tsp xylitol
.   A splash of heavy cream
Give it all a really good stir with a fork to be sure it is mixed together smoothly.
Spoon in onto a hot griddle or frying pan sprayed with Pam (I had to spread it around with the spoon because it didn't pour).
When the top looked almost cooked I flipped it and cooked the other side.  
They raised up nice and fluffy.  
Serve with butter & SF syrup.  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:41:36 PM by Shihtzumom1 »

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 08:11:44 AM »
Made pancakes yesterday, Doug had a plain one and I had one with sugar free chocolate chips, sugar free Hershey syrup and redi whip topping.  I was a happy girl! ;D Doug said it tasted just like regular pancakes to him.  I put some Log Cabin sugar free syrup in the mix before cooking in a non stick pan on stove top.  Haven't tried making stuffing with it yet.  Was so busy doing other stuff yesterday.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2010, 08:51:47 AM »
I like the idea of using this recipe as stuffing.  I was thinking of making the muffin recipe with poultry seasoning, breaking it in pieces and setting it out to get a little stale or popping it in the oven for a little bit to get stale.  Then I was going to saute a little celery and onions in butter and toss with the stale "bread" pieces, wrap in tinfoil and put in the oven while I had something else in there, that way I didn't have to dirty another pot.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2010, 09:36:08 AM »
Schitzumom if you make it post in Thanksgiving section ;)

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »
Lots of SAGE!!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »
That's sage advice, for sure!

JenCrowther

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
Since I am a newbie I am still trying to figure out the lingo. In the original recipe for one minute muffin it calls for 1 T of butter. Is that teaspoon or tablespoon?  Awesome how may variations there are of this!

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
Hey Jen, Capital T is usually Tablespoon in recipes and t is usually teaspoon.  I've been using 1 Tablespoon.  This makes awesome pancakes too and one will fill you up.  I add sugar free maple syrup to the mix to make it taste more pancake-y.  Doug loves them.  I put chocolate chips in mine  ;)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2010, 02:19:02 PM »
I have a small square(ish) tupperware-type dish (5 inch by 5 inch) that I use to make the "muffin", making it about the size of a slice of bread and 3/4 inch thick. When it is cool I slice it horizontally to make two slices of bread for a sandwich. Perfect!
Sometimes I add a couple drops of almond extract or a small pinch of onion powder (not onion salt) to add a different flavour and mask the strong egg taste.
Today I bought liquid egg whites so I'm going to try them, cuz I think the result will be a less eggy flavour.
And - I don't like to use artificial sweetener and the OMM was the only thing I was using it for. I had debated trying the recipe without but didn't want to spoil a muffin. However, this morning I just realized that yesterday I completely forgot to put the sweetener in, and never noticed. It tasted fine and was the same bread-type result. So now I will just eliminate the sweetener totally.
Also, when I get it all mixed in the little dish I let it set for about a minute before I put it in the microwave. This lets the flax absorb some of the moisture and swell a bit.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:07:03 PM by downeast »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »
okay...i am gonna have to try these. :)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »
Well, the liquid egg white experiment wasn`t a huge success. The bread turned out flatter than usual, too flat to slice horizontally. The egg yolk must help it to rise. And I`ve been using huge eggs. I don`t know what my neighbour feeds his hens but they sure do produce big eggs.
Spaghetti tonight for my family, so I will use the muffin for myself instead of pasta, like a sloppy-joe.

paulachappell

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 06:53:44 AM »
ooooo, lovin the sloppy joe idea downeast.....I just love this forum, such creative people and I soak it up like a sponge ;D