Author Topic: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!  (Read 160138 times)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
PUMPKIN OMM

1 t. oil
1 egg
2 T. canned pumpkin
1 T. Sugar Free Torani’s Caramel Syrup
½ t. baking powder
½ tsp. xylitol
¼ C. golden flax meal
¼ - ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
A few pecans/walnuts - optional

Mix all ingredients really well (I use Magic Bullet/Ninja but not necessary) except the nuts and pour into a microwave safe container.  Add nuts on top and mix in with a knife, fork or spoon – to get the nuts down in the mixture.  Usually I only have to nuke for 57 seconds on my microwave, but this was so moist, it took over 2 min – cook until the center is done and springs back.

I made “bite size” muffins for the guys working on our window – nuked them in small cups that used to hold lunch-size applesauce.  Put a caramel cream cheese topping on them made with Caramel Syrup and Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese (0 carbs) – mmmmm!  ;D ;D

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »
CHOCOLATE-STRAWBERRY PANCAKES

Paula's post made me hungry for chocolate pancakes...  I made up a batch of the original OMM batter, used Golden Flax so I could see the strawberries,  added 1 T. Torani’s S/F Chocolate Syrup, 2 T. Hershey’s S/F Chocolate Syrup, and a few sliced strawberries - had to add some water to batter as we like our pancakes a little thinner.  These were really good “naked” :o :o, but DH got out the Reddi-Whip and Hershey’s syrup which made them heavenly.  Definitely having these again this week-end!!  ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »
Yummy!!! ;D ;D :o

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Wgat's the carb count on this?

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2010, 01:08:25 PM »
My guesstimate is 2 1/2 carbs (pumpkin and egg), but if ya' "share" half it is almost as low as the original OMM (1g).  And it makes 4 cute little bite size munchies - you can have a treat for a little over 1/2 g. 

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »
I ♥ the OMM as pancakes, any flavor!  They are such comfort food, especially with a little crispy bacon on the side ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2010, 07:18:47 PM »
I like the idea of using this recipe as stuffing.  I was thinking of making the muffin recipe with poultry seasoning, breaking it in pieces and setting it out to get a little stale or popping it in the oven for a little bit to get stale.  Then I was going to saute a little celery and onions in butter and toss with the stale "bread" pieces, wrap in tinfoil and put in the oven while I had something else in there, that way I didn't have to dirty another pot.
Well I tried this recipe as stuffing tonight and didn't like my results.  I made the batter out of 1/2 tsp butter, 1/4 cup golden flaxseed meal, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning (I made 4 of these).  I put the batter in a  4 sandwich size plastic containers and microwaved for 1.5 minutes each.  I then dumped them out on a cookie sheet and broke the "bread" into pieces and put in a 200 degree oven to get stale in a hurry.  I then sauteed onion, celery & red pepper in butter in a frying pan and tossed the bread pieces in it when they were dry enough.  I added more poultry seasoning, chopped fresh sage and parsley.  I transferred the bread mixture to a sheet of tinfoil, closed it up and cooked it in the oven with my chicken.  It was sooo dry.  It may have been better if I hadn't dried the bread cubes first, or maybe if I poured on some chicken broth, or not left it in the oven so long.  I think it would have been good if it hadn't been so dry.  So this was my failed experiment.  Let me know if anyone else tries something similar

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »
i haven't tried it yet....i definitely would have added some melted butter and/or chicken broth.  maybe collectively we can get it right before the holidays...i will try some things this weekend ;)

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

joagain

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2010, 02:49:16 PM »
When I make my OMM and I have tried it a few times it is soggy at the bottom . do I need to cook it longer or what > Paula when you say you use it as pancake do you mean the batter or do you do it in the microwave then cut it up like pancakes ?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2010, 03:17:43 PM »
Jo, I posted how I make the OMM pancakes on page 4 of this thread.  The only thing I do now differently is I add a splash of heavy cream.  You still have to spoon it out of the cup onto your frying pan.  They are sooo good!!

joagain

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
Ok I will try it I get so tired of eggs ,and I do miss my pancakes . Why do you think it is soggy when I cook it in the microwave ?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »
I made flaxseed pancakes and they were so yummy! And only one carb for the egg. ;) The great thing about flaxseed is you feel full all day.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »
Why do you think it is soggy when I cook it in the microwave ?

Jo, maybe try adding an extra 10 seconds on to the microwave time.  When you dump it out of the cup, let it stand a few minutes to firm up a bit.  They are quite moist (I wouldn't call them soggy), but I like that they are not dry old muffins.  Just wrap you mind around the fact that they are just slightly different, but way healthier than any flour muffin you used to make.

joagain

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2010, 03:25:52 PM »
Shihtzumom1  all i can say is Oh my goodness my pancakes were the bomb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Tyler my 15 year type 1 diabetic said " OH Yeah baby finally I can have pancakes again "
I did add about a tablespoon of heavy cream to it .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:29:12 PM by joagain »

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:40 PM »
So glad the pancakes were a hit Jo!  I totally agree that they are "the bomb"!!