Author Topic: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!  (Read 160135 times)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
                 One-Minute Muffin

I’ll post the original “1-Minute Muffin” recipe I found, but definitely look at the many variations below...

.   Melt 1 T butter in a coffee cup or measuring cup.
.   Mix in ¼ cup flaxseed meal, (can use almond meal, oat fiber, coconut flour or a  mixture, i.e. half flax, half almond)
.   ½ tsp baking powder
.   1 egg
.   Sweetener (to personal taste): 1 tsp xylitol or 1-2 Spenda pkts or 1 T S/F flavored syrup (Torani/Da Vinci)

Mix well – microwave approximately 50-60 seconds (depending on micro wattage).  Turn out and let cool.  Muffin top should look shiny and a little moist. Serve w/butter or cream cheese while warm or plastic wrap for later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get you started, here are a few ideas...

Banana Bread Muffin:  Add cinnamon/nutmeg, S/F Banana Syrup/extract, and nuts
Breakfast Muffin:  Add cinnamon, vanilla,
Spice Muffin:  Add cinnamon, allspice, and cloves
Cheese Muffin:  Add garlic powder and cheese of choice. 
Chocolate-Raspberry Muffin:  add S/F Chocolate and Raspberry syrups, and a cream cheese cube in the center.             

Chocolate Lava Muffin:  An individual Happy Birthday Cake (for the person looking for a recipe a while back!!)

1/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Splenda (more or less), (probably less if using Xylitol)
2 tsp. Torani Chocolate SF Syrup
1 Tbsp unsweetened Baking Cocoa (mine has 1 carb per Tbsp)
1 Egg
2 tsp. Butter or Olive Oil
2 pieces S/F Chocolate Candy on top of mixture.

Pumpkin Pie Muffin:  Add 1 tsp Pumpkin spice and ½ tsp cinnamon
Stuffing Muffin:  Replace sweetener & cinnamon with poultry seasoning & salt.

Now MORE ideas...
Nuke the mixture in a rectangular or square plastic container.  Cool and slice horizontally to make Sandwich Bread!!!  CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??!!  Now we can make grilled cheese; Reuben’s; egg salad; fried egg/bacon; BLTs, etc..  OR, dip slices in an egg/cream/cinnamon mixture and fry to make FRENCH TOAST, and top with S/F Maple Syrup!  Someone even made waffles with the original mixture!

Nuke in a round container (like the coffee mug), cool and slice horizontally.  Now we have a hamburger/sandwich bun; or the foundation for a McMuffin – I personally am looking forward to turning my faux English muffin into a Tuna Melt!!

More Tips/Ideas found on an old, Low-Carb board: 

SANDWICH/BREAD/ROLLS:  “I make these, split the recipe between two square dishes and make 2 buns suitable for sandwiches, once sliced. For turkey sandwiches I add crushed red pepper, PARM, ITALIAN SEASONING, onion powder or garlic powder to the OMM (One Minute Muffin) recipe. I also add dill seed, celery seed, and coarse sea salt to the tops for all kinds of sandwiches.  This recipe is a lifesaver to anybody who misses bread.  I also use golden flax seed for a mellow yellow color.  Remember when you remove from dish, turn bread over to dry out the bottom if a little wet. I store mine in ziploc baggies.”

3-Minute LOAF:

“This is basically the "1-minute muffin" recipe, but tripled, made savory and cooked for 3-minutes.

3/4 Cup Flax meal
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tsp. Mrs. Dash, or Italian Blend Seasoning
3 Large Eggs
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Sprinkle of Parmesean on top

Mix the dry ingredients in a loaf dish (like the holiday-size, banana nut bread, etc.). Add eggs and oil, mixing very well. I notice that if the dry ingredients are not thoroughly mixed, or the wet-big pockets are left in the bread, so mix it up good! Sprinkle Parmesean Cheese on top. Microwave for about 3-minutes, my microwave takes 2:50 to complete.

Pop out of the baking dish. Slice the loaf in half. Then slice each half in half, making 4 slices total. Each slice should have 1.13 total net carbs, or each complete sandwich should have 2.25 total net carbs. Each slice is about 3/4 inch thick.  This is a keeper! Next time, I'll top it with some sunflower seeds, maybe some celery seeds or a very light sprinkling of oats.”

:D I’m am soooo excited about this recipe and its endless possibilities that I just had to share with everyone here on FTS!!! The 1-Minute Muffin is easy AND clean-up is just a cup and a fork!!!  ;D

Please be sure to post your creations so we all can try...

Jo

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
FRENCH TOAST
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
French Toast

¼ C flaxseed meal
½ tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 T butter
½ tsp xylitol
1 T Sugar Free Torani Carmel Syrup
½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Blend well (I mix in the Ninja or Magic Bullet, but you can mix by hand).  Spray coffee mug lightly with Pam, pour contents into mug – microwave 50 seconds or more until muffin looks done and moist on top.  Turn out and cool.  Slice into 3 slices.  Make egg dip consisting of 1 egg, heavy cream and nutmeg, mix well.  Dip muffin slices into egg/cream mixture and place in a preheated fry pan/skillet.  Brown both sides and serve with S/F maple syrup (I used Log Cabin – 0 carbs).  Total carbs = 1 (egg)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Banana Nut Muffin
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:14:14 PM »
Banana Nut Muffin

1 T butter or oil
¼ c flaxseed
1 tsp xylitol
½ - 1 tsp banana extract
½ tsp cinnamon
Handful of chopped nuts
1 T Sugar Free Torani Carmel Syrup

Blend well (I mix in the Ninja or Magic Bullet, but you can mix by hand).  Spray coffee mug lightly with Pam, pour contents into mug – microwave 50 seconds or more until muffin looks done and moist on top.  Turn out and cool.  Serve with butter or cream cheese.  Carbs = 1 (the egg)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: One Minute Muffin - OMG, Ya' Gotta Try!!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:56:56 AM »
Phil is gonna love these! Anything he can make in the microwave at work! ;D

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »
Gonna have to try this french toast muffin....Need to find that carmel syrup ;D
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »
I found the Torani syrup last night at Slowmart! I couldn't remember why I wanted them, but here's a great reminder!!! yay!

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
Just had 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 3 slices of flax french toast for breakfast with a total carb count of 3 1/2!!  Can't beat that!! 
You can use make the 1-minute, 1-bowl muffins out of flax and soy - I just use flax to keep the carbs down.  You probably could add S/F maple syrup in place of the carmel.  I just found some 1 cup (I think) bowls by Ziploc that I make the muffins in, rather than the coffee mug - you can also just make them in cereal bowls...

I found a few of the Torani syrups at Walmart, but they seem to be running low, or maybe its because I buy so many and deplete their inventory  :D.  Netrition has a large variety of S/F Davinci flavored syrups (they don't carry Torani) - just ordered a  Banana (for banana/nut muffins), and Kahula for coffee (and White Russian  ;D ;D).

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »
You go romarc! ;D ;D ;D Low Carb
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:59:03 PM by Doug Varrieur »

schultzkr01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
I just used this recipe to make a grilled turkey/bacon/cheese sandwich!

1 tsp butter, soft
1 egg
¼ cup flaxseed meal
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp xylitol
1 tbsp heavy cream
A sprinkle of Parmesan
A couple pinches of salt

Mix ingredients together and pour into a square plastic container.  Microwave on high for 1 min 30 seconds.  Pop right out of the container, cool, and slice horizontally.  Lightly butter the outside of the bread pieces, add whatever meats/cheeses you want and grill it up!  YUMMMM!

The flaxseed definitely gives it a distinct taste, kinda like you are eating a very wheat-y wheat bread.  Salt & pepper definitely helped.  Next time I might add a dash of garlic salt or something.

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
damn....that looks awesome:):):):):):)

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
How did you cook the bread that fast?  :o

schultzkr01

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 02:56:25 PM »
I have no idea.  It just does.  It's magic. :)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Isn't it great to have muffins and sandwiches once in awhile??!!. 

I agree the flax is a different taste, but you can mix flax with soy, almond, oat to tone it down some - I just use flax in my muffins (love the banana bread), french toast,  sandwhich bread to keep the carbs down.  I just remembered, I froze sliced coffee mug muffins and sausage patties to make McMuffins for breakfast... Actually, I don't really mind the taste - just ordered golden flax to see if that will have a different taste. 

There are so many possibilites with these one-minute/one-bowl/one-carb muffins/bread...  I've made pepperoni bread for DH's meatloaf sandwich; olive bread for an egg salad sandwhich, an italian herb for a tuna melt,  plus the others listed above.  We also made the chocolate lava muffin, but used strawberries instead of candy - topped with reddi-whip and chocolate syrup - mmmm.  I have found the more moist ingredients or liquid I put in, I need to cook longer.  The coffee mug muffins are done in 55-58 seconds on my micro.

It doesn't seem to hinder our weight loss a great deal as we are still slowly loosing - actually I lost 2 pounds overnite when I first started eating these - maybe due to the fiber in the flax and the potty-visits???  ;) ;)

From what I have read, make sure you drink plenty of water with flax...

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
Boy, schultz, that sandwich looks delish!!   :) :) :)

schultzkr01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
It was delish!

I also tried making the bread with cinnamon, slicing it into 2 pieces, dipped in an egg/heavy cream wash and fried it up like french toast...with a little SF syrup it really filled me up, and for hardly any carbs.  I'll take a pic of that next time :)