Author Topic: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health  (Read 79593 times)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Well I'm up 1/2 lb. this week.  Even though I tried portion control with all of my wonderful pumpkin baked goods, I was eating them every day and I guess it caught up with me.  I still have a loaf of pumpkin bread left, so I put it in the freezer.  So I guess it's back to jello & reddi whip as my treat this week and cut way back or eliminate the sugar alcohols.  Have a great week everyone!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »
Your body needs adjustment time.Take out the tape measure and do your measurements, and then check them in a week before you weigh in. :)

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 10:39:47 AM »
I just got back from the Doctor's for my checkup and he was very pleased with me.  My bloodwork came back terrific.  He said I was "normal" which is very good for me.  The first day I started FTS my blood sugar was 12.8 that morning.  The morning my blood was taken last week it was 5.0 and my A1C was 5.7.  He is sending me for a full blood workup before I go back in December and said if I continue to lose weight and my blood sugars are down he will consider lowering my meds.  Yay!!  I know my American friends go by different numbers, I googled it and you multiply my numbers by 18 (eg. 5.0 = 90).  I guess it's just like the U.S. dollar, yours is always worth more than ours, LOL!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 10:49:51 AM »
I am so happy for you! Well Done! ;D

joagain

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:09 AM »
Shihtzumom1 that is great news but you already knew it was better just by the way you felt didnt you ?

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 01:29:13 PM »
Woohoo, great news.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: "Skinny Blood" Enjoying My Journey Back to Good Health
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
"Skinny Blood" is a very important element of FTS that we need to continue focusing on whenever possible. Most people come to FTS for the obvious.... to lose the outside visible FAT.....but many are unaware of the "inside fat" and how healthy our blood becomes on this wonderful lifestyle. Cholesterol, triglycerides and blood sugar drop into normal ranges as well as insulin production AND it happens fairly quickly. As you recall I define FTS as a metabolic weight loss program and weight management lifestyle.

The changes within your body are the key to the WHY fat melts from our frames. Keeping your intake below 20 carbs per day is how you turn that key on. This in turn balances our system and reverses many complications caused by high blood sugar.

Congrats on your "Skinny Blood"  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 08:16:16 PM »
ooooh, skinny blood, i like that a lot ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

Cara

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
You are an inspiration to us newbies, continue to express your strenghth,  because it is contagious. You are our strenghth.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2010, 08:04:52 AM »
I don't know what happened this week but 3 pounds fell off.  I know I had been eating lots of flax things (wraps, izzet's bread, crackers), drinking lots of water, eating proteins & veggies, and only having FTS friendly "sweet" treats a couple of times (Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake & 1 Almond Meal Brownie that I had in the freezer).  I did go back to having the SF Jello & Reddi Whip when I thought I needed a treat.

My husband keeps telling me how great I look (and he is not one to compliment very often), but told me I need to change my posture.  I need to stand up tall and proud and not relax with that sway back that makes my stomach stick out.

I haven't been able to wear my rings for a few weeks, they keep falling off.  I don't want to get them sized until I have been at my goal weight for a while and my body is settled.  I may go to the jewellers and see if they can put ring guards in my rings until I am ready to have them permanently smaller.

I hope everyone has a great week!!
Shihtzumom1

CaliGirl

• Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2010, 08:13:20 AM »
Shihtzumom1 - That's an awesome weight loss in one week! Way to go girl!!  Nice when the one we love notices AND says so! You do look adorable! Have a super Monday!
Jeremiah 29:11-14

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2010, 08:49:40 AM »
Congrats Schihtzumom! You are correct about the flax I eat it everyday.It is my favorite flour because it keeps you full all day.I keep flax bread in the fridge  all the time,I am never without it.It is so good for you!
But you have been diligent and worked hard and thats why you are successful. ;D

joagain

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2010, 08:58:04 PM »
WOW Shihtzumom1 You are almost there ,that must feel great !!!!!! I am very happy for you  ;D

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
Bravo, shihtzumom, bravissimo! Well done. You've stayed the course and are reaping the rewards. Feels great, eh?

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
Well another 2 pounds off this week which means I made it over the 30 pound weight loss mark, actually 31.5.  I have changed my goal weight back to what I had originally said when I began FTS, so I have 9.5 pounds to go.  If I count the weight I had lost before I started FTS I have a lost total of 48.5 pounds and I feel great!!  There is a smile on my face today!! 

I hope everyone has a great week.