Author Topic: Cogratulations to Disney and Phineas and Fern!  (Read 33282 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Cogratulations to Disney and Phineas and Fern!
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:26:20 AM »
As you know we are enjoying our grandson Everest's visit with us. This morning Everest is watching the Disney channel while Sherri and I are working the forum..... Guess what happened? I hear the words "low Carb" coming from the cartoon....In this episode the cartoon was teaching the kids how to avoid high carb foods and eat low sugar/low carb replacements...it's about time!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: Cogratulations to Disney and Phineas and Fern!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »
be careful Doug... you know Disney is putting subliminal messages in their programming.... trying to persuade kids & parents to purchase Disney related items:)  LOL.... you see what the Beatles did to old Charlie......:)

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:18 PM »
yay for disney and finneus n ferb.  My 3 yr old niece love her to pieces is with me 24/7 so she keeps me active and I'm glad to be able to be more active with her.  She loves that show and little kids definately do grow up practicing what they learn.  For supper she says grace and after starting this lifestyle my favorite dinner prayer she said was ty God for the food now everybody eat chicken and didn't matter if we weren't eating chicken we were always greatful for the chicken.  She has been the hardest one to switch over I think but, little by little we are getting there with little miss picky eater and now if she sees a McDonald's she will say we dont eat there cuz they have to much sugar lol she is big into asking about sugar can I have this or is it to much sugar is her favorite thing to ask so glad for childrens programs that are bringing healthier lifestyles into childrens lives.  Glad for you and your book for introducing us all to a healthier lifestyle.   ?Doug any chance you can start touring schools and converting school lunches into healthier lunches ??? 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »
Schools...... They are full of bureaucratic bull#@&! I've offered FREE books to schools all over the country and been turned down at every door.

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
As one who works in a school, I can tell you they won't take the free books that tell the TRUTH because it will mean they have to change what they serve the students. They won't be able to feed them the crap they feed them now: pizza, hot dogs, processed chicken sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, french fries, corn, corn and more corn.......pasta, pasta, and more pasta......

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 04:59:41 PM »
Owensmath, if you get a chance can you visit the weight loss stalled board? We have a new member in need of your blood sugar advice.:)

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 05:02:57 PM »
Yes, but I think I may have just replied to it before I read this one.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 09:04:55 AM »
3aNGELS you are the most successful mom on the forum and I am so proud of you! Not only have you taught your kids,your kids are teaching others!!Well done my friend!!! ;D ;D ;D

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:49 PM »
so school starts next week and heres school lunches for the first week which is only 3 days since they start on the 1st but this is what the school has ready for their "un-healthy" back to school lunches:
1. cheese or pepperoni pizza, salad, peaches, ice cream/fruit bar which atleast with this one if they just ate the pizza toppings, salad would be good
2. hot ham and cheese, hashbrowns, veggies and dip, chips n salsa, pineapple
3. bbq on a bun, cheese slices, french fries, carrot sticks & dip, bananas

I can see where I can have them eliminate some carb from these lunches but just for curiousity anybody able to give an estimate on the carb level that those school lunches might contain?????

oh and a positive note  ;D my dad had his doctor appt and his doctor said he wants to switch over to this lifestyle and if my dad keeps on the path he is on he may be off his diabetes medication within the next 3 months - he is borderline diabetic and thankful everyday for being introduced to this lifestyle

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:25:20 PM »
13,000,000,000,000 close to the national debt :) 13 trillion!  I hope I put enough zeros   :o  Seriously though, isn't that a terrible menu for the kids!

3angels

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »
ya and kids are required to take atleast 1/2 the main dish and they have to eat it cant just eat the toppings off the pizza or pick the meat out of the sandwich they have to eat the bun its a requirement  :o

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:49 PM »
3angels, how great to hear about your father's drs. appt.  I hope we all get off our diabetic meds in the very near future.  Keep us posted.

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:15 AM »
My daughter loves this show  ;D  it's one of the few I will actually watch with her I actually like it  :o
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »
My grandson loves it! That and Go Deigo Go!  :)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
yes, congratulations to Disney.  it is about time.  wishing you a very happy new year!