Author Topic: Newbie - Introduction (Sorry, it's Lengthy!)  (Read 15168 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie - Introduction (Sorry, it's Lengthy!)
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
... I am learning to not really adjust my carb intake much for my exercise because its sort of a slippery slope for me...I can justify anything if I really want to and it's holding up my progress. I run because of how it makes me feel not necessarily to lose fat - walking and weights work well enough for that. ...

Hi, Michelle! :)

How our bodies lose weight has a "connection" to exercise. But not to the extent that most folks think.
Exercise is wonderful for our overall health.
But VERY inefficient in terms of weight loss.

The three most important factors in weight loss progress are (1) carbs, (2) eat only when hungry, and (3) portion control.
All three are critical to weight loss success.

With FTS, you want to find that max carb number =< 20 that facilitates your progress,
- AND -
eat ONLY when truly hungry (i.e. avoid boredom eating, etc.),
- AND -
eat only the right amount of food that satisfies your hunger, and NO more.
Doug's 15-minute method works well  to help you determine this;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=f309bba0aa5effe631e02e0e8f608683&topic=5286.msg55552#msg55552

Faithfully employing that 3-part FTS strategy will assure your success! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »
... I am learning to not really adjust my carb intake much for my exercise because its sort of a slippery slope for me...I can justify anything if I really want to and it's holding up my progress. I run because of how it makes me feel not necessarily to lose fat - walking and weights work well enough for that. ...

How our bodies [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]lose weight[/url] has a "connection" to exercise. But not to the extent that most folks think.
Exercise is wonderful for our overall health.
But VERY inefficient in terms of [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url].

The three most important factors in [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] progress are (1) carbs, (2) eat only when hungry, and (3) portion control.
All three are critical to [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url] success.

With FTS, you want to find that max carb number =< 20 that facilitates your progress,
- AND -
eat ONLY when truly hungry (i.e. avoid boredom eating, etc.),
- AND -
eat only the right amount of food that satisfies your hunger, and NO more.
Doug's 15-minute method works well  to help you determine this;
http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=f309bba0aa5effe631e02e0e8f608683&topic=5286.msg55552#msg55552

Faithfully employing that 3-part FTS strategy will assure your success! :) :) :)

Tony

Thank you Tony! I have been much more mindful of only eating when hungry. I've done so much under eating the past that I've gotten to the point where sometimes I just don't realize I'm truly hungry until I'm ravenous. Of course I don't get ravenous much anymore because my blood sugar is so much more stable but today was one of those times. I had a terrible headache that just got worse after lunch. I got home and suddenly realized how hungry I was and wow it felt so good to eat! Now I'm in my checking mode to see if I'm still hungry or not. LC waffles really hit the spot with pecans and cream cheese mixed with a little davinci caramel SF syrup. Talk about comfort food. I felt sort of like a pig but in all honesty it wasn't that much food. I just needed the one portion. I love that satisfied feeling I get now. It reminds me of when I was a skinny teen and couldn't eat much at once but I did have to eat more often then. I guess I still get low blood sugar even now. I will have to watch that. I didn't eat much at lunch. That must've set me off...along with my extra activity yesterday and today. I went for a brisk walk on a break at work today it was helpful but I think it set me up for extra hunger later.

I do have shoulder problems so both the run last night and the walk this morning put me in agony this afternoon. Only a muscle relaxer would help me. :-( I am going to start using my stationary bike for a while because I think it might help rest my shoulder from all of the vigorous arm swinging. I have bursitis and tendonitis in there. I really don't want to have to use my referral to the ortho...or the last resort...have to have surgery.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 09:40:01 AM »
Just keep it simple don't overthink it.Exercise if you want but keep carbs 20 and under, Yes my name is Sherri Varrieur but my husband and grandbaby call me umpa cause I love sweets and love to bake! :D Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is also one of my favorites! :D

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 01:24:54 AM »
Just keep it simple don't overthink it.Exercise if you want but keep carbs 20 and under, Yes my name is Sherri Varrieur but my husband and grandbaby call me umpa cause I love sweets and love to bake! :D Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is also one of my favorites! :D
Lol, that's a great nickname! :-) I love baking more than regular day to day meals. I definitely get that. I decided to get the bakery book so I can try a few treats now and then on the weekends.

I have been averaging between 15-20 carbs a day and its working very well for me. I had a coworker ask me what I'm doing and how much weight I've lost because it looks like a lot. I said I don't know I will check haha. It was a nice comment and I told her I'm no longer eating sugar or bread and I'm eating lots of veggies and staying active. I told her I don't starve, I eat when I'm hungry. I don't feel deprived at all. :-) Honestly I still haven't checked my weight because I'm not really focused on that I just want to get leaner and more toned. My energy today was awesome! I got home from work and headed straight to the treadmill and figured I'd run 2 miles well I stopped at two miles and thought, I could do more easily. Time to challenge myself! I ended up running four miles! Yay me! I felt great and I thought about it later and realized I did that on an empty stomach lol. I never could do that before without misery and sluggishness but not today! I had some sugar free powerade after and made dinner. I even got all my weekend chores done...what will I do with myself? Oh yeah I have to work tomorrow lol. Maybe I will do my nails tomorrow night. :-) So much energy! I love it!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 08:19:21 AM »
 :D I have done that! I love my treadmill but after 45 minutes I am in a low so I drink a shake or eat fruit and cheese till I can shower and make a proper meal.My energy level is so high my 30 year old children can't keep up with me :D
Off to run this morning! I think I will paint my nails too ;)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 02:14:29 AM »
That is really cool! :-) Hope you had fun! I'm a little under the weather today (bad allergies) so I'm taking it easy today. Still, I've managed not to fall behind in dishes, laundry and made good meals. How did that happen? I guess my "under the weather" now is like tip top energy of before haha. ;-) maybe it's easier to keep things up than it is to catch up! :-)

On the bright side, I lost two more lbs today when I checked for a total of 5 so far which is a lot for me! Yay!!!

-Michelle

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 12:17:00 PM »
Hooray, Michelle on the 5 pound loss!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time your at the grocery store, lift (NOT buy) a 5 lb. bag of sugar to get an appreciation of your accomplishment!

You're on your way now, Hun! :)

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »
Another update: lost another lb this morning! That makes 6 now! Woohooo! I ran two miles this afternoon before lunch and then went for a light swim with the kids at a friends house for and hour! We had so much fun and it was great to have the energy for it! :-) Feeling better than yesterday. I think I just needed the rest yesterday.

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
Thanks, Tony! I appreciate all your help and encouragement!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33:01 PM »
That is really cool! :-) Hope you had fun! I'm a little under the weather today (bad allergies) so I'm taking it easy today. Still, I've managed not to fall behind in dishes, laundry and made good meals. How did that happen? I guess my "under the weather" now is like tip top energy of before haha. ;-) maybe it's easier to keep things up than it is to catch up! :-)

On the bright side, I lost two more lbs today when I checked for a total of 5 so far which is a lot for me! Yay!!!

-Michelle
this loss was technically from yesterday since I posted this in the wee hours last night lol. Just wanted to clarify. :-)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 10:07:15 PM »
Thanks, Tony! I appreciate all your help and encouragement!

As a member of the FTS family, you are more than welcome! :)

Just stay the course with FTS, and you will NOT be disappointed!
Plus... We'll be here with you all the way! :) :) :)

Tony

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »
6 pounds is AWESOME!! ;D  You are in total control!

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
This is amazing. I haven't been able to get my weight to budge since my Disney World trip end of 2010 (short of starving myself)! Trust me I am super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »
This is amazing. I haven't been able to get my weight to budge since my Disney World trip end of 2010 (short of starving myself)! Trust me I am super excited!

That's OUTSTANDING, Michelle!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm excited for you, as well!

FTS really does work!

Tony

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Newbie - Introduction (Sorry, it's Lengthy!)
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 12:38:00 AM »
I'm happy for you 8)