Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 12024 times)

suzalie

• View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:00 PM »
Hi Doug, I apologize for the delay. I was busy with family and haven't been on. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea almost 10 years ago, and have been through several sleep studies through the years, 4 different masks, and even switch to a bipap machine, but nothing seems to work. My problem is that I take the mask off in my sleep and find it next to me or on the floor when I wake up. The machine timer shows that I only kept it on for one hour. Unfortunately, I do have a issue with being claustrophobic. I think the forced air starts a panic attack and that's why I pull it off in my sleep. I've also tried taking a Xanax pill before bed, but nothing has changed so I just live with it. :(

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »
Hi Suzalie, I had the same issue with the mask then I switched to the nose pillows, lowered the start pressure, increased the ramp time and started using Xylimelts for dry mouth. I'm getting a full 8 hours a night now. You really don't feel the nose pillows and can't hear the air at all. Hope these tips work for you as well.

Xylimelts are little mints that stick to your back tooth and slowly melt while you sleep inducing saliva, you also wake with minty breath! You can find them at CVS or online.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 09:01:33 AM »
It has made a huge difference for doug :)

suzalie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2014, 10:50:56 PM »
Thanks Doug and Umpa. Appreciate the input. I have tried the nose pillow too. I think its very comfortable but I pulled that one off as well. Last one I got that I really like is the Oracle oral mask. For me its the most comfortable. I just need to find a way to keep it on.Lol  Will try to adjust ramp and get sone of the xylimelts. Would love to feel like I actually got a good nights sleep. Will keep u posted. Thanks again. :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:47 AM »
If we can help you please ask Suzalie ;)

suzalie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »
Thank you Umpa. I will.  :)

pask94

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2015, 11:39:37 AM »
Hi all, I got my email reminding me to check back in. I've been so very frustrated with my progress!!! I have hypothyroidism and the weight seems to want to stick like Gorilla Glue. My doctor said having this condition makes losing weight very hard. This news is so discouraging. I have so much weight to lose and at this rate it seems I'll need ETERNITY to get it off. I am on thyroid med, I pray my thyroid levels will increase  >:(

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2015, 12:48:22 PM »
Hello, pask94 :)

You are not the first FTS family member with thyroid issues getting in the way.
My wife's thyroid was so off-balance that she would actually gain weight eating our way! :o
But when her doctor got her med dosage right, the pounds fell off.

So the key is getting your thyroid medication adjusted correctly.
This often requires trial and error dosage changes from your doctor.
But when it's right, you'll be the first to know.

From what you say, I get the impression your doctor isn't being very aggressive finding that dosage.
Losing weight will be harder UNTIL your doctor works hard enough to fix your imbalance.
And if he/she seems to have a problem doing that, you should be referred to an endocrinologist that has a lot of experience with thyroid issues.

Keep us updated on your situation.
And know that I will pray along with you that your med gets correctly adjusted soon.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!