Author Topic: REUNION  (Read 4442 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
REUNION
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:26:05 AM »
GOOD FRIDAY MORNING TO YA ALL, BEEN ON HERE SOAKING UP MOTIVATION AND ENCOURAGEMENT ;D I will weigh in Sunday as Monday will start my 4th week and I am doing great ;D
Tomorrow I have to travel to Ky. for a big family reunion. I have plans to take things I can eat in a small cooler for in case there is nothing there for me, as I have my mind made up I am not breaking this FTS for nothing.
I got up with terrible back pain today, normally  for pain or depression  what do you think I do...yep eat and drink  a coke a cola.  My sister who harps at me all the time to loose weight even told me to have a coke a cola I would feel better, but NO... I had a club soda and some coffee and my breakfast and I am okay. I just plain refuse to let anything make me go back to my old ways.  Keep me in your prayers as I face that reunion and all that good old home cooking tomorrow... I must stay strong. ;D
With God all things are possible
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: REUNION
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
Hi KFAITH! :)

As we get older, back pains seem to be quite the norm for many folks.
And if we have been carrying extra FAT around, those pains come along much easier and more frequently.

Since I lost a big chunk of my FAT, those pains now only seem to come along after I've been working very hard.
Now it's usually soreness and not sharp pain.

I have discovered that if I take 2 ibuprophens BEFORE I start doing very heavy work, my back does much better.
However, I do not make a habit of taking them too often. They are hard on the liver and kidneys.

If your back pain is sharp, you might also consider seeing a chiropractor.
Sharp back pain is usually signals a pinched nerve in the spine.

By now, you should have gone thru sugar detox.
So, if you feel tempted, it should not be very strong and it will be purely psychological.
But I will keep you in my prayers for strength to resist "sugar" temptations just in case.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:37:46 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
Yep thanks much Mouseissue.  ;D  I have surprised myself at how I am not tempted to break this FTS. Thank God.  I guess the more carbs ya eat the more you want, it is a never ending cycle and once we get that out of our system it is like we are free from the 'drug' of sugar.
I hurt my back badly in 1995, had to be very inactive since than so kept gaining more and more weight and now it's the weight that has me disabled. I do have a pinched nerve in the left side of my lower back, affects my leg...lots of numbness at times...sometimes worse than others.
Yep I have took tons of Advil for years as I cannot take pain pills. I try to not take Advil any more unless I cannot stand it as I know none of it is good for us. Just never know when my back is gonna flare up, and I hope I will feel like riding to that reunion tomorrow.
I can only walk or stand up about 2 minutes at this time. Have to use a scooter when I go places or wheel chair. I can cope in my home with the  use of task chair with rollers I can do all my housework and stuff sitting on that. I refuse to use a wheelchair in my house as long as I can keep going.
I pray as the fat comes off everything will get better ;D ;D ;D.
Counting my blessings... I do not have sugar diabetes nor heart trouble at this time. I do take a very low bp pill and some allergy meds and that is all.
So that is good news for my age.  I want my life back. It is like I just gave up when I got hurt and just coped with life getting fatter and fatter as the years went on and on. I have missed out on so much 'life'. I am determined to change it and change it now.  Keep prayers going up. ;)
Rosie

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »
Hello KFAITH,

I'm so sorry that you must deal with such pain.
I too had a serious back injury when I worked in the shipyards back in the early 1980s.

Remember that the Good Lord has given you the answer... Stick to FTS and you won't need that scooter or wheelchair any longer. :)
Being healthy and free is how He designed us to be.

Always remember that our prayers are with you.
You WILL succeed!!! :) :) :)

May the Lord bless and keep you along your FTS journey!

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »
You are gonna do great and get off that scooter and walk with your granddaughter on the beach ;) Have a great time at the reunion! :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
Make sure you are drinking lots of water too Rosie ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:13:46 AM »
Thanks ya all, Yep Umpa I am drinking water today, I think I had been drinking too much club soda and diet pop.
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
Check the sodium in your beverages Rosie. I drink seltzer water with alittle splash  of sugarfree coffee syrup when I want a soda.You can also add alittle cream and make a italian soda ;) Its great for a quick sweet treat and 0 carb ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:10:04 AM »
Thanks Umpa, Today is Tuesday and I am doing well again now, got up with that 'IT'S WORKING FEELING' oh how I love that feeling.  I am drinking mostly water, and my ice cold green decaf tea with no sweetner in it. Some club soda,and it is low sodium. When it is cool I also have a cup of decaf hot tea or decaf black coffee.  This morning for breakfast I wanted something diff than eggs, so I made that omm pancake with the flex mill and it was good, a nice change from eggs. For lunch today planning to eat some left over stew I made using Doug's Italian sausage stew recipe but this time I used chicken in it. For supper planning taco salad....using that taco season recipe I found on here.
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »
You are back in control Rosie and you are doing great ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 03:54:41 PM »
Keep on rocking Rosie!!  Don't depend as much on the scale as how you feel.  I'm a big one to talk!  LOL  I've been a little discouraged lately but today I hit 18 pounds gone forever finally!!!  I started around July 6th so I haven't lost as fast as I thought I would but that's close to 2 lbs a week.  So this morning marked a "wonderful feeling" for me.  I had to buy a smaller size capri pants today and was tickled because they were on sale too!

I have been checking the calendar and I see you have a birthday on the 16th!!!!  Hope you have a great day, happy happy happy birthday!

Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »
Suzlyn, thank you so much for the birthday greeting... boy they sure come around too fast anymore  ;D ;D My first goal is to have at least 100 pounds off before my birthday in 2012 ;D Congrats on all you've lost !!!!
Rosie

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »
Suzlyn, thank you so much for the birthday greeting... boy they sure come around too fast anymore  ;D ;D My first goal is to have at least 100 pounds off before my birthday in 2012 ;D Congrats on all you've lost !!!!

I know all too well about how fast they seem to show up.  I am 57 and will be 58 my next bday.  I am determined to loose my weight before I see 60 (think I'll make it LOL?).  Thanks for the congrats.  I am feeling soooooo much better thanks to FTS.  I have more energy and my knees only hurt when it gets cold.  A year ago I could hardly walk thru the house without holding onto walls and furniture for the pain.  Now I go all day long, have a clean house, go shopping, cook every day and have time to be online!  Wow am I thankful.  Thankful to FTS, Doug, Umpa and mostly to our daughter TooSweet for showing me this me new path.  [[[[HUGS]]]] to everyone.
Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:55:22 PM »
 ;D ;D 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
You are too kind Suzlyn  :-*
Happy Birthday Rosie! :) You can always do like my mom did and start counting backwards! It work until she was younger than me! :D