Author Topic: EXERCISE do you do it ? What & How Much ?  (Read 9972 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: EXERCISE do you do it ? What & How Much ?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 12:55:43 PM »
... I get that a lot when I mention 'low-carb eating' and people just start up.  ::)

Isn't it interesting how they do that?
I've even had people tell me that Dr. Adkins died from eating his low carb diet.
When I tell them he died from a bad fall slipping on an icy sidewalk, they look at me as if I came from Mars. :-\

It amazes me how much misinformation is out there about living a low carb lifestyle.
It just goes to show that propaganda can be a powerful thing!!!
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 03:10:43 PM »
I recently had a compliment on my weight loss.  When asked what I was doing, I plugged doug's book, this forum, and the low carb  FTS lifestyle.   The response was "you won't be able to sustain this, you know?"  You need whole grains, you need apples, and banannas, etc. etc."

Blah, blah, blah...She will soon be back asking me to borrow my book when I am in my bathing suit this summer ;)

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
I recently had a compliment on my weight loss.  When asked what I was doing, I plugged doug's book, this forum, and the low carb  FTS lifestyle.   The response was "you won't be able to sustain this, you know?"  You need whole grains, you need apples, and banannas, etc. etc."

Blah, blah, blah...She will soon be back asking me to borrow my book when I am in my bathing suit this summer ;)
Hi Again momx04! :)

When people I know say something like that, I just say; "Watch me and see what happens.".

Like the old adage... Talk is cheap... Everyone knows it!
We must lead my example before others will really listen to what we have to say about FTS.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:22:26 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 12:03:20 AM »
I haven't been as active lately as I usually am as I decided to jog, never been much of a runner, and hurt my knee, it's just now getting better! Walked a little bit today and did a few push-ups, sit-ups tonight!

Jo, I am the one who homeschools!!! We have 4 little darlin's that we have schooled since they were 4yo. and the oldest is 13 now!!! My how time flies!!!  ::)

Anyway, I would love to get an elliptical, but can't afford it right now...so I guess I'll just keep doing a few more push-ups and sit-ups each day and as Doug would say, "watch the magic"!!! lol   :D

joagain

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:23 AM »
Oh Ok MommaB I knew it was one of the mom,s LOL  This is the 4th year for me with Tyler ! I started when he was going to start Middle school. The school wanted him medicated for his ADD which I will not do ,it is  overcrowed and  the Nurse they had there for his Newly diagnosed Diabetes was a jerk . 

Hope you knee keeps getting better And I see you are close too 30 pounds !!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »
Looks like you and mommaB are in a race Jo! You are both a step away from 30 pounds! ;D

joagain

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Yes I need to go to the bathroom dont I ?  :D

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:09 AM »
hahahahahahaha....that's funny....but oddly, does work!!!! hahahahahaha   :D :D :D :D :D

I've been bouncing around at -28 for 3 weeks now...hopefully once I can get back to being active again...it will fall off!!!  :o

Jo, I definitely have one child who has "focus issues" and, if he were in school, would probably be in the same boat as your son!! ONe more benefit of homeschooling!!! lol   ;D

Good luck on getting to -30 before me!!!   :D

joagain

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 05:55:56 AM »
MommaB I am not getting on the scale until the end of the month ! If I dont make it to 30 after a whole month  then I am going to be well I dont know what I will do . YOu have more then a 50% chance of winning cause I am the slowest loser in FTS history !!!!LOL

owensmath

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
Jo, I don't think you are the slowest loser! I think I am, but slow and steady wins the race.

joagain

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 10:48:21 AM »
Thanks Donna ! But at least you 79 pounds down before you slowed , 7 months and not even 30 pounds ! >:( >:( :-[ :(

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 08:33:39 AM »
Jo I wish I was closer, I would come over and we would figure out where the sugar is getting you. Somewhere it's sneaking in and causing you not to loose. It is so frustrating when that happens!!

Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 08:36:36 AM »
Where do you guys live? Is anyone near me besides Gary and his evil twin? ;D

joagain

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
I wish I had someone to help me ! It is very frustrating , The only reason I have not turned back is the way I  feel on FTS  I dont even eat the brownies I make Tyler I might as well eat them cause I am not losing !

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Doug Challenges Jo
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
Hi Jo, I see your frustration being stuck at your current weight so here's your challenge.

for 14 days, two little weeks I want you to go out for a walk twice a day, mornings and evenings. Get up, and get out in the morning for a stroll and then again in the evening. Keep eating the same way you're eating and lets get you moving. After 14 days decide your next move.  ;)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)