Author Topic: EXERCISE do you do it ? What & How Much ?  (Read 9971 times)

joagain

Re: EXERCISE do you do it ? What & How Much ?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »
 I am not sure I can make that promise I want to lose like Sherriepie with no exercise (stomping feet ) LOL Sherrie has lost 170 pounds and STILL losing like 5 pounds a week with no exercise .  I walk 2-3 times a week most weeks but cant say that I will do it everyday and sure cant say 2 times a day .
 FTS says with no exercise ,sure I know that I should exercise everyone should but most FAT people dont I am still FAT . Maybe since I cant commit to esercise daily I have lost all I am going to lose .

All I know is that FTS says you can lose without exercise . I am not going over on the carbs , I am not drinking Diet drinks , I am not eating any sugar alcohols .
FTS says if you or not losing up the exercise ,check for hidden sugars or cut the amount of food intake sot the only possible problem is since I do not exercise I need to eat like 500 calories a day ,& or it is the 0 carb sweetner that I put in my coffee . Sorry I cant commit to exercise I know that if I said I would do it ,I would be telling a story & I dont tell stories .

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »
If you are gonna stomp your feet put your hands on your hips,more effective!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

joagain

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
Oh they or on there Umpa LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:02 AM »
TYLER RUN!!! :D :D :D :D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
I am not sure I can make that promise I want to lose like Sherriepie with no exercise (stomping feet ) LOL Sherrie has lost 170 pounds and STILL losing like 5 pounds a week with no exercise .  I walk 2-3 times a week most weeks but cant say that I will do it everyday and sure cant say 2 times a day .
 FTS says with no exercise ,sure I know that I should exercise everyone should but most FAT people dont I am still FAT . Maybe since I cant commit to esercise daily I have lost all I am going to lose .

All I know is that FTS says you can lose without exercise . I am not going over on the carbs , I am not drinking Diet drinks , I am not eating any sugar alcohols .
FTS says if you or not losing up the exercise ,check for hidden sugars or cut the amount of food intake sot the only possible problem is since I do not exercise I need to eat like 500 calories a day ,& or it is the 0 carb sweetner that I put in my coffee . Sorry I cant commit to exercise I know that if I said I would do it ,I would be telling a story & I dont tell stories .

Jo I really think the big difference with me and you is that I am the worst cook in the world. So I don't make the fun stuff you make. Like my breakfast today (which I am eating while I type) is three pieces of carb free ham and three pieces of carb free cheese. Then lunch around 2ish (probably a bought salad or maybe a burger in a 2 carb pita) and that usually fills me up for the day. Then we all have dinner together and I am usually so full I have just a small piece of some type of meat and a ton of broccoli. If I could cook like you, Jan or Paula I probably wouldn't be loosing as much.

Also I went swimming last night and lost TWO POUNDS this morning!! OMG I was so thrilled. You know I can't exercise like a normal person but if swimming is going to do that for the weight loss I am going to go every-flipping-day!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:54:06 AM by SherriPie »
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:58 AM »
Stomping Feet, that's funny, you cracked us up this morning Jo  8)  

This is a test for you Jo, I want to know if your plateau is due to a balance of fuel in fuel out. If you're plateau breaks from this 14 day test and the weight starts coming off again you'll know that your body had reached the point where it was burning exactly what you need daily without any extra activity to maintain your current weight. If you discover this you'll have 2 choices if you wish to continue losing;

1- keep the fuel intake the same and increase activity   or;

2- keep the activity the same and decrease the fuel.

By the way feet stomping does indeed burn fuel so stomp away  :o :o  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

joagain

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
Ok I guess the test will be to lower my calories since I said i would not stick to walking everyday for 14 days i will put my food plan up everyday starting to day

Rena

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 10:09:40 AM »
I'm sorry, Jo -- I feel your pain. I'm in the same boat and am not losing either. I do exercise -- every damn day, which makes it even more frustrating. I see some people's FTS food plans and it seems like they're not eating anything at all. I can't function like that. It's really been depressing. I guess I'm going to have to just eat like a bird if I'm going to start moving again. Then again, the birds at my feeder seem to be eating pretty darn well. Maybe I should just eat sunflower seeds ...

Good luck to you!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:25 AM »
Small bits of food throughout the day as you feel true hunger, you don't need any more than that. It's funny you mention the birds Rena, we have a wonderful bird feeder outside the office window and I watch how they eat. It's pretty obvious to me they only eat when hungry. They'll perch on the feeder and just just hang around. Even though it contains seed they'll not eat unless needed. Of course a FAT bird would have a difficult time flying  ;)

Sherri Pie has been very strict with portion control. She's using stored fuel and shrinking because of it. I know the foods we love to eat taste wonderful but the truth is most of us eat to darn much because of that taste and our desire to eat.

Cut back on your portions and force the body to use stored FAT as fuel.  Back to basics.

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

Since we are all different, some of us are metabolically wired to lose fast.
Others, not so fast. And still others, very slowly.
Some of need to push our bodies harder for the same results.
The trick is to find what helps you lose faster without depriving your body of what it needs.

Doug is right.
With reduced portions, I would also try substituting more lean protein for foods higher in fat.
Just be sure to get more fiber and drink more water when eating very high protein.

Also, I can't remember if we discussed this before, but have you been to the doctor recently to check your thyroid?

Over the years, my wife's went way out of whack. So much so that she would actually GAIN weight while low carbing!
But after the doc adjusted her meds, her weight loss has been faster than mine.

Don't let yourself become too discouraged.
There is a reason for this and we will help you find it.
What you do today is what matters!

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
Exercise is EVILLL!!!!  :o

joagain

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
Thanks Guys and I am going to cut back really cut back and see if I move the scale or inchs just something . I think it is like Doug said I must just be eating too darn much !!!
 No Tony I have not gone to the doc I probably need to make my appointment and let her check everything .My good CL was a little low but the bad was not high when I went last time ,I also was a little dehydrated I am sure I would not be now I drank 80 ounces of water a day not including my coffee !
  Rena if I were exercising and still not losing then I would really be upset and frustrated  , but it boils down to just cause I am heavy I dont need that much gas to get around for this old metabolism I got . I just got to hunker down like I am just starting the FTS !!!
 I am going to list everything that goes in the ol pie hole until the end of the month that is when I get on the scale (25 th ) !!
Thanks guys without yall I would have thrown in the giant towel !!!!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 07:55:59 PM »
Hi Jo! :)

Never allow yourself to get dehydrated!!!
Dehydration is bad in many ways.
One of them them is halting weight loss due to the body's survival mechanisms.

Since your drinking 80 oz. PLAIN water a day, dehydration would be unlikely unless it was extremely hot and/or you were exercising.
What you do today is what matters!