Author Topic: Berry Pie  (Read 3004 times)

joagain

Berry Pie
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
1 1/2 cups unsweetened berries    (i used frozen and just thawed them out cut into small pieces )  
1/2 cup Heavy Cream    
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP SF Sryup (your choice)
1/4 cup Now Almond Flour    
Cinnamon
xylitol  

Preheat oven to 375 grease 6-8 cake pan or a 6 cup muffin pan put fruit on bottom ,mix all other ingredients and mix well with fork or mixer pour over fruit bake 40-45 minutes check with toothpick. Sprinkle top with cinnamon & xylitol .  op with whip cream . I found a  higher carb version on another low carb recipe site and changed it I also split the recipe . So it can be doubled for a thicker pie but the carbs would be 6 1/2 carbs per slice that was alittle much for me .

26 for the whole recipe I cut into 8 so it was 3.2 per serving ,or 4.2 for 6 servings    
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:24:09 PM by joagain »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Berrie Pie
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
That's looks and sounds fantastic, Jo! :) :) :)

I'll bet a slice would be wonderful if warmed up with a pat of butter along with a cup of coffee!... YUM!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
Oh YUM! That sounds and looks awesome. I love berries. Wish huckleberries were lower carbs.

joagain

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
OK I had to try it ,I was gonna save it for supper but yall need to know if it was good right ? I found a fruit high sugar version and changed it  I also split the recipe so it can be doubled for a thicker pie but the carbs would be 6 1/2 carbs per slice that was alittle much for me .
 It was delish I think I will have it for breakfast with my coffee . 
 Tony I think you are right with a tad of butter and coffee . I might have a slice and coffee for supper . LOL .  Not feeling very hungry today .  ;) Let me know if yall try it !

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: Berry Pie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
Oh my that looks good!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/