Author Topic: Sept. 20th Started Again !  (Read 72908 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Sept. 20th Started Again !
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
... she told me that once she started on her hormone replacement and the levels became normal for her, she started dropping weight pretty good.  Now that she has been off of her hormones for a while (do to insurance changes etc..)  It has been much slower.  We aren't sure if it is a coincidence or not???   There might be something to that.  I hear good things about the Sam-e I've been thinking about trying that myself   ;)

Hi Shawn! :)

Probably not a coincidence.

Our bodies are "biochemical machines" that require healthy hormone balances to function correctly.
If one (or more) hormones is deficient (or overabundant), our bodies respond.
One of those responses can be slower weight loss.

That happened to my wife until her doc upped her synthroid dosage, her progress improved a lot.
In fact, she was GAINING weight eating low carb up to that point. Then, she began to lose on a fairly consistent basis.
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2011, 01:50:15 PM »
Start with one 200 mg pill per day.You can take up to 400 mg a day.You will instantly feel better! ;)

joagain

« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »
I got some today and it is a 400 MG pill I will break it in half start with 200 .  I went to the doctor today to get blood work  checking thyroid and to see if in I am in menny (hell getting old )  I am curious to see my numbers compared to before I started FTS .  Umpa does the sAM E have any affect on other medications ? And if I needed to get off of it can you just stop or do you have to slowly get off of it .

Toosweet the doctor told me that if my menny symptoms are not real bad she would not get on hormones , cause pretty much when you start them you cant get off of them and that it increases breast cancer chances . I guess we will just wait and see what she says . Thanks guys !

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2011, 02:32:10 PM »
Sam E does not have a effect on other drugs.Hormone replacement is a last resort.I am glad you got the Sam E .You should have instant results ;)

joagain

« Reply #244 on: October 18, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
Umpa do you take it everyday ? Should I take it at night & is it ok to break it in half or should I go get the 200 MG ? Also I read that it can cause stomach pain & you should take Vit B?

shawn116

« Reply #245 on: October 18, 2011, 10:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the insight Jo....  I wonder why your doc said you can't come off of them?  I may have messed myself up...LOL  I've started and stopped a couple of times now.  The one my doc wanted me to use is very expensive even with insurance.   :'(  I don't really have the symptoms that I had to start with any more.  I do wonder about the hormone imbalance though...  :-\

I think the next time I am in the store I will look for the Sam-E  ;)  Thanks Umpa

joagain

« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:21 AM »
Toosweet she said there is a over the counter estergon med . I seen it at walmart .  Also that is her opinion not all docs are right we all know that  ::) ::)But I was gonna tell you also that when I read the reviews on Sam E they all say it works like Umpa said but alot of people had stomach cramps and they also said you have to take them everyday  cause if you miss one all the men in the house say they will go buy it . LOL 
And from Dougs answer that must be true !!

Umpa do you take it everyday ? Should I take it at night & is it ok to break it in half or should I go get the 200 MG ? Also I read that it can cause stomach pain & you should take Vit B with it ?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:49:20 AM by joagain »

shawn116

« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
Thanks Jo  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
I take mine every morning before coffee on a empty stomach.Just once a day.You can break it in half but wrap it up so it doesnt get mushy.Never heard of any cramping before.B Vitamins are for energy and metabolism.the B vitamins however cause me heartburn. ;)

joagain

« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:17 PM »
Well I didnt move my ticker up when I got back from vacation so it has not moved but I have lost 4.5 pounds since Nov 1st . I started back eating just meat & veggies no good replacement recipes & the total gym .

I dont  know which one did it maybe a little of both !! Plus I am getting big muscles in my arms. ;D My legs are still to fat to see muscle ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
Well I didnt move my ticker up when I got back from vacation so it has not moved but I have lost 4.5 pounds since Nov 1st . I started back eating just meat & veggies no good replacement recipes & the total gym .

I dont  know which one did it maybe a little of both !! Plus I am getting big muscles in my arms. ;D My legs are still to fat to see muscle ;D

HOORAY JO!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It sounds like you may have found a way to break your stall out.

Exercise will boost your metabolism which should help you keep things moving along.

Are you lifting weights?
If you do not want larger muscle mass, cut down on the amount of weight but do it everyday.

One other thing... Before you start Sam E, talk to your doctor or pharmacist to be sure that it will not interact with any other meds you may be taking.
Folks can get in BIG trouble self-medicating... even with herbals.
Whatever you do, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2011, 07:46:12 PM »
YOOHOO JO!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

GeoClaGra49

• MSN Messenger - georgiaclairegrahambell@yahoo.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GeoClaGra49
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - GeoClaGra49
    • View Profile
    • http://www.innovationsmedical.com
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:53 PM »
Remarkable! These testimonies are living proof that the Fat To Skinny book is really helpful and beneficial.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
~ Emo Philips ~
breast reduction dallas

joagain

« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2011, 08:31:28 PM »
Thanks guys ,  Tony I am only taking my vitamin right now . I dont want to take anything if I dont have too . . ;D ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »
Remarkable! These testimonies are living proof that the Fat To Skinny book is really helpful and beneficial.

Welcome to the family, GeoClaGra49!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You're absolutely correct!... The science behind FTS is solid as a rock.
If one is willing to follow the FTS rules, they will lose their excess weight. Period! ;)