Author Topic: Lavash Day  (Read 12311 times)

jetfan

• View Profile
Re: Lavash Day
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
GO get it. ;) ;)
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 12:43:36 PM »
I am holding my breath and I am turning blue.  Any news? :P ;D :o

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
Sorry not yet  :(   Please take a breath....Haha   I don't want anyone falling out!!    :o    I'm having trouble getting the amount of ingredients just right.  I've tried Umpa's recipe and added a few things to it to make it pliable like a lavash.  They work out great for crackers but not to wrap anything with.  I have a few more ideas I just ran out of some ingredients again.   :-\  Gotta reload and go again  ;) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 09:43:06 AM »
Samis Bakery uses a brick oven TooSweet.So do the other middle eastern bakeries I have looked up.I wonder if that is the secret?? :)

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:13 PM »
I suppose it is possible Umpa but I'm thinking it's more of a pliable issue.  It still wants to crack and pull apart when you want to fold it.   I've tried using more egg and then adding xanthan gum several different times and several different amounts to no avail.  The xanthan gum gave it a icky flavor and mouth feel.   :P :P  I'm guessing there was too much in there but I was following the recommendation for the ratio for gluten free flours.  What do you think about vital wheat gluten?  Or going the yeast route?  Or maybe even adding in some parmesan cheese?  It needs something to hold it together.   I bought some more golden flax meal so I'm ready to give it a try this evening.   ;)

As you can see this last one came out looking pretty...LOL  It still cracked when I tried to fold it  :'(   I'm not going to let this defeat me   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:57:56 PM by TooSweet »

jetfan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
Good luck.
Failure can be measured by the steps we don't take.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 09:15:55 AM »
I will try the yeast and vital wheat gluten I have plenty ;)  I wonder if we are overcooking them??Will report back ;)

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 11:55:58 AM »
I wonder if we are overcooking them??

That thought occurred to me too  :-\ 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
I found another recipe I am gonna try when I get a day off. ;)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:24 AM »
Actually, Sami's Lavash I didn't fold into a circular wrap.  I cut it in half and used it sort of like a pita.  Sami's is thick and I like the thickness, but didn't really mind that I couldn't fold it like a soft shell.  Hope that helps.  Sami's is tasty, too, and that was the nice thing about their product.  The recipe of ingredients is on the back of their packaging...I just didn't know how much of what to put into making it.  Good luck guys.  Sorry I haven't been on the site for a while.  It's been pretty busy at work and I don't have internet at home.  Much love and many best wishes in getting the lavash project done.   :)

shawn116

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:46 AM »
Here is what they say is in their Slim and Trim lavash

Ingredients

Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour, Soy Flour, Bran Flour, Water ,Rolled Oat, Wheat Fiber, Sesame Seed, Millet Seeds ,Olive Oil, Salt ,Yeast, Cultured Organic Unbleached Wheat Flour.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but aren't most of these ingredients high in carbs?  My blood sugar would be screaming at me  :o

Is this the one you've been talking about Ellie?

I'm scratching my head at how they can claim they are so low in carbs with the first ingredient as Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour not to mention those other flours mixed with it ???

I am still working on trying to find a good recipe...I know there has to be one...Haha   I have more time now that my grandson is in daycare.  At only 11 months he isn't too much help in the kitchen just yet   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »
Slimtrim lavash?

shawn116

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 10:44:09 AM »
Here is the link for them http://samisbakery.com/our-products/low-carb/slim-trim-lavash/#

These ingredients will be hard to duplicate as is with out being high carb I'm afraid....  :-\  

This is my little helper  ;D  He keeps me running!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:50:26 AM by TooSweet »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »
Hi, Shawn! :)

I can see him asking you; "In which bowl is that recipe you've been looking for, Gramma?".

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:02 PM »
 :D :D :D :D  He is a handful  Haha  I can't wait until he can help.....we will have a great time!