Author Topic: Egg breakfast "muffins"  (Read 17050 times)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Egg breakfast "muffins"
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »
Thanks, Tony!!!   :) :) :) :) :) :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »
HiYa RoMarc! :)

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »
Hey, Umpa ~ how ya' doing??!!   ;D ;D ;D

We had this recipe this morning.  Made three different ways...  the bottom was lined with 1) bacon, 2) deli ham slices and  3) was Joseph's Flat bread.  DH had the ham so I don't know how it tasted, but they all turned out great and no oozing of egg down in the pan.  I pam sprayed the flat bread on both sides, but should have added a seasoning or parm for more flavor.   Thanks for the recipe!! Will make these again...  :) :) :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »
I am doing great! Grandson is here :) i have yet to try these! I was out of town on business when doug made these.I gotta make them now.Don't be a stranger ;D

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 06:51:57 PM »
I wonder how these egg muffins would keep in the fridge. I've been baking them one at a time in the toaster oven... This reminds me... has anyone ever tried the 'omelet in a bag' breakfast where you put the ingredients in a freezer zipped-bag and moosh them up, then pop them in boiling water for several minutes?

What a cool idea! Potentially, I could have a tasty omlet in the morning with ALL the fixins without worrying about cleanup or chopping anything (like I'm gonna chop anything at 5:15am!).

The question is, do you think if I mixed these in baggies and put them in the freezer, would they stay for a while? Should I just freeze the fixins and add the eggs? How long could I freeze them? Could I nuke them in the bag?  I <3 omelets. My colleagues and I are having an end of semester celebratory lunch tomorrow and I'm thinking about ordering an omlet from this place we go to often. GOOD food.Of course, it will be "hold the toast and potatoes" and "bring the hot sauce and butter!"

shawn116

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
Hi Waterlilly  I don't know about freezing them made this way but when the egg is mixed up like you would to scramble them or make an omelet they freeze wonderfully.  Just pop them into a freezer bag after you bake them and you are good to go  ;)   I love to make up a bunch in the muffin tin and freeze for a quick breakfast on the go.  So good  :)   Here is one link ...I'm sure there are others on here as well  ;)  http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2478.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:27:12 PM by TooSweet »

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Waterlilly - be careful of ordering omelets at a restaurant - some places add things like pancake flour to the eggs to make them fluffier.

You could probably freeze the cooked eggs and then nuke them in the morning. The zip lock omelets are really tasty! I've heard of people popping them in the boiling water while they get ready for work, by the time the hair is curled, the omelet is ready to eat... I hate getting up early. Did it for years. I don't do it anymore.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 07:08:35 AM »
Waterlilly - be careful of ordering omelets at a restaurant - some places add things like pancake flour to the eggs to make them fluffier.

You could probably freeze the cooked eggs and then nuke them in the morning. The zip lock omelets are really tasty! I've heard of people popping them in the boiling water while they get ready for work, by the time the hair is curled, the omelet is ready to eat... I hate getting up early. Did it for years. I don't do it anymore.

I will watch out. Thanks Sarah. They have other options there too.

I don't think I will freeze the cooked eggs. I tried putting egg "muffins" in the freezer for a week and took them out as I ate them. I didn't like it because they were soggy.  :(  I figured if I could use a raw egg, I could do the cooking as I eat them. But who knows...with me,it's hard to tell if I get it right! The kitchen is the scariest room of my home!  :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
No need to freeze the eggs at all, then. They keep well in the fridge in their own little packaging. Freeze the rest of the makings and pull them out of the freezer, add the eggs and throw it all in the pot. I think you had that in mind already. Good idea!