Author Topic: perscription pills  (Read 4254 times)

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
perscription pills
« on: April 23, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
hi, my name is big jim & am abt  450 lbs and i just started the plan today...day one is rough, withdrawals, etc....anyways i have a concern, i did great all day accept for taking my 3 perscriptions, i was curious and checked ingredients of all 3 perscriptions and all 3 have "corn starch"!!!! i cant stop taking these pills, for now anyways!!!! i hope it doesnt hurt me in losing weight???????? any info would help!!!!! since am a beginner i need friends & all the help i can muster!!!! am literally dying mentally, physically & spiritually b4 i started this new plan of eating today!!! happy easter everyone!!!

joagain

Re: perscription pills
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
JUst stick with it Big jim , I would think there is just a little in the meds so I would say dont worry about it ,you have to take it .
Welcom to the FTS forum we will for sure be your friends , you can fuss and we will listen ,you can post goals you have made big or small and we will cheer you on !
BUt the  most important think about this forum is we are all here for the same reason you are and we are all here for each other .
When you have a question post it and someone will answer pretty quickly.
Once your detox is over you will feel better then you have in years ! ;D

Doug the FTS main man and his wife Umpa or on here everyday to help us . So stick with the plan and you will lose !!!!! ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 10:23:59 PM »
Hi Jim!  Welcome to the forum!  I am SO happy for you that you found FTS and us!!  Soon you might want to change your login name too!!  "Big" will be a thing of the past!  ;D  Once you get past the detox, it will get alot easier!  You are going to feel GREAT eating this way.   Oh and by the way, I was born in1963!  That was a GOOD year!  :D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 11:13:22 PM »
Jim I was right there where you were. Welcome to the site and welcome to the best support system on the net.

I am sure Doug is going to tell you not to worry about the carbs in your medication. You have to take them and they probably don't have enough carbs in them to matter. 

Welcome!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
You are not alone. :)Your meds are fine till we get your blood sugar stabilized.If I can help you please ask.My name is umpa,I am dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where i can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.
You are going to detox .Drink lots of water to flush the sugar and keep peanut butter on hand for lows.Detox  will pass quickly and you will feel wonderful when you get the sugar out of your system. :)We are all here for you!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
Hi Jim, welcome to the family :) you're in Springhill? Next time you're driving around go past the corner of Glenridge and Glenhaven, I built that big ranch house on the corner in 1981 :) Jim it's really important for you to stay on the meds your doc has prescribed until your symptoms warrent a change by the doctor. Clean out your house NOW Jim, I know it's full of all the stuff you shouldn't be eating. Make certain to vary your proteins including seafood, tofu, beef, poultry, and pork. Make certain to have plenty of greens on your plate and lean towards collards, spinach, broccoli and lettuces. Keep your water intake flowing.

I know it's tough to break old habits Jim but think of the alternative  :o :'( :'(

Finally we want to hear from you often, take advantage of the love and support this wonderful group of people offer you.  ;)  
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
Hello Jim! And welcome to our family! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I too felt exactly as you do when I discovered FTS.
I thought; "I think I finally found the answer to a lifetime of prayers.".
AND I DID!!! ;D ;D ;D
Read my post about my doctor's visit last month at: http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=2199.msg19816#msg19816

I have been on almost every conceivable diet plan and always had similar results:
   I would not lose weight.
   I would lose weight only to put it back on PLUS more.
   It was so restrictive I could not stick with it.
   It was unhealthy.
etc., etc., etc..

For folks like us with insulin resistance problems, the FTS lifestyle is the God-given answer.

And as far as support... You will not find a group of people ANYWHERE that is so loving and caring as you will at this forum.
We understand each other, support each other, feel each others pains, and take joy in each others victories.

God bless you, Jim!
And again, welcome to the family! :)
What you do today is what matters!

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 05:30:28 PM »
i have one major issue here.....my roomate & her son have junk food in cabinets and in refrigerator and soda!!!! they wont change for me, so i need twice the will power but am goin to SUCEED!!!! there both heavy and physically they still get around unlike myself, someday they will wake up...pray for them!!!! right now i need to focus on jim!!! but believe me i already asked for them to move there junk food and they said "NO", we live here and u must have will power!!!!!!!!!!!! unbelievable, if it isnt one thing, its another hurdle for me!!!!

bigjim1963

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 05:32:33 PM »
by the way am a much bigger person since i had that pic of my face taken, that was 4 years ago and i was about 60 lbs lighter than now!!!

owensmath

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 07:06:32 PM »
Jim, welcome to the family. Within a few weeks (or sooner), you'll feel so much better that the POISON in their crap food won't even be tempting to you. It will turn you off.

joagain

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »
JIm it was twice as hard for me too I had/have to pack  my hubbies lunch  everyday with the junk that he still likes to eat
 It is harder but I can tell you it can be done

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:26:34 AM »
Hi Jim! :)

owensmath's right!
Once you get past sugar detox, it gets MUCH easier to ignore temptations around you.
And as time goes by, it keeps getting easier and easier.

You can do this. And we are here right along with you, my friend!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:28:21 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »
Hi Jim!!

Welcome to the FTS family!! Everyone is soooo supportive and helpful here!! Ask any question...especially if you need encouragement...we're all here for you and each other!!! My detox just about killed me...non-stop headache for 2 weeks! But once it was over, I really feel great!!

I've had a really hard time this weekend as I have 4 kids and all the Easter candy around is about to kill me!!! Not that I REALLY want to eat it...but...anyway, there are many delicious sugar free candy options in the store...just make sure that you don't over do the sugar alcohols as you may have intestinal issues if you eat too much!

I've also found that a few cheddar pork rinds take care of the chip craving as you're eating something crunchy! For me it's more of a texture thing...so if I can find something with a similar texture and 0 carbs, I'm in heaven!!!  ::)

Just a few thoughts!! Hang in there...it WILL get easier and better as you go!!
Praying for you and your roomie situation!!   :D

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »
Jim, Be strong!!  I know it's hard, especially the first couple weeks, but stick to it and soon the junk food and sugar won't even look good to you.  I know until my husband got on board (and I know there are others on here still with the same issue) it was hard; cooking the "other" stuff for him and then my stuff.  A coworker walked in the other day eating a long john with filling and choc. icing and it actually nauseated me.  -  And I've only been in my new lifestyle for 5 weeks!  Imagine where you will be by then! 

We will do all we can to support you! ;D

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
Hi Jim,

It took me a while to get myself going and NOT because the plan was hard, but because I found excuses and doubted myself.. most know how I had my ups and down.. Finally I got myself together and decided that enough is enough.. I cant be blaming those around me..I have to be accountable for myself.. If someone chooses to do drugs, am I going to do them? NO!  you have to apply the same mentality.. My daughter didnt want to start with me and when she saw how I was losing and that she was heavier than me, she jump into the band wagon with me and has lost 18 lbs in a month..

There will be good days and bad days, focus on the good days.. I will also tell you that having F2S cookbooks and guide = SALVATION

For me it helped release the stress of what to or not to have... by all means, you can vent, scream, cry, laugh and we will be here.. we will not sugar coat (no pun intended) anything, it will be said respectfully but honestly...  everyone here is very nice and well, very cool too...

I will say a prayer for you and you do the same.. you will see how things will get better...Good luck..
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt