Author Topic: Gotta Do This  (Read 7522 times)

B_mom19

• View Profile
    • Email
Gotta Do This
« on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:08 PM »
Ok, I think in order for me to be successful with this I have to do 2 things. 1 is I need to have a MAJOR lifestyle change. No exceptions. The second thing is I have to realize exactly where I am as far as size and that I am a major health risk to myself so here is me... I am 23 years old. I have a 15 month old and a family that relies on me. I am 5'5 and I weighed in today at 321. I never in a million years thought I would ever be like this. As i write this, there are actual tears running down my face. I have to change. Not only for me but for my son who I want to have a mother as he grows older. In school I was a cheerleader and played softball. I was very active. I was not "small" but was a good size. I was so happy with myself. After high school, I quite being active all together. I hate the way I feel and the way I look. After doing a diet and failing, I sometimes tell myself that Im happy with being who I am and that maybe I was just meant to be this way. In my heart I know this is a lie to myself. So here goes nothing, but here goes everything. Out with the old... I start today. Not tomorrow like I though. (I said to myself, I have already messed up today, I will do it tomorrow) I know if i keep putting it off it will never happen. So if your reading this I will take any encouragement I can get... Lord know that I need it!

Joagain

• You can have excuses or results you cant have both
    • View Profile
Re: Gotta Do This
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »
You can do this !! We will be here to help you . Don't be sad anymore  ;)

You can have excuses or results you cant have both !

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »
Hi B_mom19

I first want to say WELCOME to the FTS forum family!!!  When I say family I mean family  :)  .....There are a lot of wonderful caring people here that are or have gone through just the same feelings, ups and downs, starts ans stops..... that are waiting to offer a shoulder to lean on.  You have come to the right place for support girl.  You are going to love it here!!!

You are so right about starting today....who cares what you already ate or didn't eat.  This is a lifestyle change..... so it's never to soon or too late to start.  The first thing you should do is purge your house of the foods you need to avoid.  It will be so much easier on you to not be tempted.  Please come in to the forum as often as you can.....stay...read...post...vent....ask questions.... that is the best way to to stay on track.  We are all here for each other  ;)   Once you get through the sugar detox, you are going to feel so much better,  you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.  Lots of energy to play with that sweet baby of yours ;) 

So wipe those tears hon and know you are with a caring group of folks that will be there with you every step of the way.  You can do this  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 07:11:37 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, B_mom19!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

I have felt your pain many times in my 60 years!

For almost 30 years, I tried about everything (except surgery) with failure after failure.
Then in July 2010, I saw Doug on TV explaining how we get FAT by eating all that hidden sugar.

I have NEVER been able to continue losing weight without giving up... until FTS.
Now, I'm less than 10 pounds from goal... Who would've thunk it! 8)

The #1 most important ingredient for success is COMMITMENT!
As long as you have that, you'll stick with the FTS rules until you shrink to the size you want.

So dry your tears, my dear.
If you ever need support, we're all right here to help you be around for your son for many, many years to come!
And know that if you ever slip, we'll be right here to help you up! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »
Welcome to the family B_mom19.  You have made a  great decision.  Everyone is here to help and everyone here has asked for help at one time or another.  Don't be afraid to ask for help, or praise, a shoulder to cry on or just plain vent about something that has annoyed or irritated you.

The best advice is to clear out all the stuff that isn't a help to you, but sometimes if you can't do that, do what I did - put all those things on one shelf of your pantry or one cupboard or even into a box and stay away from it.  Out of sight, out of mind. 

Sit tight and enjoy the ride, you will do fantastic.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Gotta Do This
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »
Welcome!! I wish you much success and it is all mind over matter you got this!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »
Hello Mom19, don't you worry my dear,you've found the right place to plant your heart. Everyone here will help you....but......YOU are in control of that fork, read the book thoroughly and follow the simple rules. Check in here often and be active with your posts.  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:11:03 AM »
WELCOME! You have taken the right first step...reading the book and joining the forum. I can't tell you how important this forum is for your weight loss. You have a whole family depending on you, you owe it to yourself and them to be healthy and happy. With FTS you can have a wonderful life free from worry about your weight...once you get it down it's almost like you found the hidden secret for losing weight. You can do this, trust me I know. I remember sitting at my computer writing my first post on this board and being 200 pounds overweight. It was horrible and I was scared just like you. But you found us, you read the book and you are ready for your new chapter. I can not tell you enough how much this will change your life. The time passes so quickly and each day it gets easier and easier to stay in the FTS lifestyle. If you need ANYTHING just send me a private message and I will be more than happy to help.

You deserve this...this is your time...congrats on taking this step.

Big Hugs!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:12:48 AM by SherriPie »
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:54 AM »
Welcome B-mom! I am Umpa Dougs wife and if I can help you please ask. :) You can do this and we are all gonna help you.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Take it one day at a time. You probably think you are our largest forum member but you are not. Start today.In two weeks you will feel amazing!!! ;)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 08:16:43 PM »
Hello and welcome to this wonderful family!!  I promise you have come to the right place.  I SO remember feeling exactly like you.  Oh, and my big thing everytime I'd start a new "diet" I would mess up then decide to start again the NEXT Monday!  :-\  Well of course the "perfect" Monday never came.  There will always be birthdays, holidays, vacations, and all sorts of celebrations.   When a friend told me about FTS, I finally saw that what I needed was lifestyle change instead of a temporary diet.  Once I went through my first Thanksgiving & Christmas without cheating on one bite.....I knew I could eat this way forever.

Just decide to DO THIS.  You will be SO very happy that you did!!!  We are all here for YOU!   ;D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 11:15:36 AM »
I'm so glad you found us, B_mom19!  We really do care.  Come back to us with questions and comments and complaints.  We have broad shoulders and we love to help.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »
And we like to eat! :D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »
Yes we do Umpa! My husband made these AMAZING chilli dogs last night for me. The chilli was low carb and the best thing I have eaten in ages! Only 3.5 carbs per serving and of course we used those amazing low carb pitas I love. Yum, yum, YUM!!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:50 PM »
Welcome B_mom19.so glad you have found the Fat to Skinny lifestyle. We are all here to support each other! Check in often it so helps to keep us accountable. You've got this!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:07 AM »
We had chili dogs for lunch yesterday too! :D We had baked Ziti  for supper. :)