Author Topic: New to FTS  (Read 6403 times)

shawn116

Re: New to FTS
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »
Great plan Tony!!  ;D

fredfred41

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »
4 lbs is a lot!!!!  Great job!!!! 

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 06:31:17 AM »
I agree with Tony.  Planning is everything.  Cooking ahead and preparing portion sizes helps a lot.  I have cooked a lot more lately.  Hubby even said that if I continue to cook such good meals that we won't ever go out again LOL.   ;D  He seems to be enjoying the FTS meals I am preparing.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

chattycathie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 08:44:28 AM »
Welcome aboard Renee!  Stick with FTS and see where it can take you.  I just love it.  I live alone too and don't like left-overs either.  So, when I bake a chicken, I cut it into quarters and freeze 3/4.  I take it off the bone and throw away the skin first.  It sure makes for a quick salad or other chicken dishes.  Cheaper than prepared cooked chicken.   Also, you might get divided freezer plates and freeze complete meals as you cook.  Just make 1/2 a recipe and make up your TV dinners.  This helps a lot for me.  Good luck!  4 pounds is a good beginning.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »
I like single serving dishes.I hate to eat leftovers unless they are dressed up as a new dish! :DI like to make cordon blue and I always make a extra one for pizza the next day ,salad,or just to leave in the fridge as a snack.When I make baked  goods for just us(no grandson) I use single serving bakeware. I have a very short attention span when it comes to food :D

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Thanks for your most welcome advice.....I am sure I will do that, as for a while at least I am taking on a full time job as well as  the part time job I am doing at present, so working 12 hour days outside the home I will really need to be organized as far as my food goes!!!!

I have just ordered some Miracle Noodles, as well as the rice to give that a try, as I do love the occasional pasta and rice dishes.

renee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 10:52:45 AM »
Free time is certainly what I will need, and will really be in short supply for a while.....