Author Topic: Question for the new Peeps  (Read 4426 times)

joagain

Question for the new Peeps
« on: February 18, 2011, 06:13:02 AM »
Are yall feeling better from the FTS life yet ? Not just the weight loss ,but the energy , no acid reflux/indegestion and the freedom of no cravings . Just wondering because we all did come here to lose weight but get so much more !!!

nitason1

• View Profile
Re: Question for the new Peeps
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »
yes i feel much better i feel it on the inside im not bloated up
i lost 24 pounds in 3 weeks my clothes fit better i look better
and i have along way to go.....ill get there for sure! :)

joagain

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »
Wow 24 in 3 weeks I guess your clothes do feel better maybe time to buy new ones .

Rena

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:42 AM »
My husband has a hiatial hernia, but hasn't had to take his Prevacid for months. He's lost almost 60 pounds. He just found out, however, that he has a compression fracture in his spine and is having an MRI today to see how bad it is. Poor guy can't win for losing!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 07:58:57 PM »
My husband has a hiatial hernia, but hasn't had to take his Prevacid for months. He's lost almost 60 pounds. He just found out, however, that he has a compression fracture in his spine and is having an MRI today to see how bad it is. Poor guy can't win for losing!

Hi Rena!  :)

I'm so sorry to hear that about your hubby!
Back problems are not foreign to me either.

I'll say a some prayers for him.
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Thank you, mouseissue!

MommaB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
My goodness Rena! Tell your hubby that we're praying for him! I had spinal fusion surgery (3 level) 2 years ago...and I know that the pain before hand was awful...the surgery wasn't horrible...recovery was tough...but mostly because I can't stand to sit around! lol

Keep us posted!! 

Rena

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »
My goodness Rena! Tell your hubby that we're praying for him! I had spinal fusion surgery (3 level) 2 years ago...and I know that the pain before hand was awful...the surgery wasn't horrible...recovery was tough...but mostly because I can't stand to sit around! lol

Keep us posted!! 

Thanks. Sad thing is, he's had that spinal fusion before in his neck. This is in a different spot and they said it's a compression fracture, which usually heal on their own. However, his back has been hurting him for months, so we don't know when or how he hurt it. And since he didn't know it was fractured, he's been working as usual, so who knows how bad it's gotten. Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 08:17:36 AM »
So sorry to hear about  your husband as well.  I hope he is feeling better soon.  As far as the new lifestyle, I feel renewed.  I pop out of bed in the morning, run around all day.  I loooooooooove not being constantly hungry.  I go hours without thinking about food.  It is so freeing.  I find the best way for me to stay the course is to make sure I have enough good food with me always.  I pack a bag in the morning jammed with food that I can have.  I keep it in the fridge at work.  I don't eat it all, but I make sure I have a lot of choices for the day so that I am not tempted to go off course.  There is always something in the bag that will fit the bill.  I love FTS and I am so happy to hear about all of your successes as well.  I love all the tips and recipes that I find here.  I try to pop on at least once a day because you all are my inspiration.  I come on more than once a day if I am wavering in my resolve because I find just connecting with other people fighting the same battle helps me keep on keeping on :) 

ausgirl

• Keep the faith, stay the course, spread the word
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 11:51:02 AM »
Jo I feel great - now down 6lbs in just over a week (almost 2).  I know I won't keep up the losses at such a pace, but I am understanding the FTS way of life a lot more this time and love not being hungry and I've even been out a couple of times and not had to worry.
I no longer think about food ALL day and every day, wondering where my next meal is coming from, like a junkie I was hooked on carbs and sugar!
I have reduced my medication to one tablet every other day as I find I no longer suffer from heartburn/reflux like I did before.
Rise Sir Doug and Lady Umpa.....you guys rock!

Hahaa I started to type Sir Doug and cos I type faster than I think, it actually came out Sir Dump!!!!!!
Ausgirl

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 12:28:17 PM »
... I loooooooooove not being constantly hungry.  I go hours without thinking about food.  It is so freeing.  I find the best way for me to stay the course is to make sure I have enough good food with me always.  I pack a bag in the morning jammed with food that I can have.  I keep it in the fridge at work.  I don't eat it all, but I make sure I have a lot of choices for the day so that I am not tempted to go off course.  There is always something in the bag that will fit the bill.  I love FTS and I am so happy to hear about all of your successes as well.  I love all the tips and recipes that I find here.  I try to pop on at least once a day because you all are my inspiration.  I come on more than once a day if I am wavering in my resolve because I find just connecting with other people fighting the same battle helps me keep on keeping on :) 

Hi SuzyQ45!  :)

Being PREPARED is a keystone to success in whatever you set out do... And FTS is no exception.
Kudos to you for your efforts!!!  :) :) :)

We are here to help and support one another.
You are part of our FTS family. And we will be here for you all the way!
You're in good hands here, SuzyQ45!
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 05:02:58 PM »
Your husband is in my thoughts and prayers Rena.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
Thank you, Mouseissue, for your kind words.  I feel very welcome here and I am enjoying getting to know everyone by reading their posts.  I am so happy I found the book and the site.  I will be chiming in often :)

Rena

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »
Thanks again, everyone. I apologize and didn't mean to hijack the thread. It was just that Rick has been doing so well on FTS and then he gets hit with this. Chances are he hurt his back before he even started FTS and it's just now presenting itself in a furry.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
Please keep us informed :)