Author Topic: No More Naked Weiners!  (Read 17378 times)

Rena

Re: No More Naked Weiners!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 09:02:45 AM »
Wicked Cool Rena! By the way sauerkraut is the best way to get your vitamin C from food. ;) I love it! I like to add some to my stir fry veggies or just eat it out of the jar. :)

Oh, good to know! I've loved sauerkraut since I was a kid, so I was hoping it was good for something. I never thought about trying it in stir-fry. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks, Umpa.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 09:05:27 AM »
Jo - Cornbread puppies sound so good!! Great idea!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

joagain

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
yes it does doesnt it ? I will try them tonight probably or tommorrow with some mustard yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

shawn116

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »
Hey all

I was wondering around Bed Bath and Beyond today looking at all the gadgets when it came to me.  The perfect shape for the OMM for the hot dog would be the top half of a butter dish.  They even had a plastic one that was microwave safe.  This is the one that I have so I didn't buy a new one.  I'm going to try it tomorrow for lunch and will post how it turns out.  I'm thinking it will be small enough to just take half of the batter.  That might not be to bad to have two hot dogs  :o...LOL  I might not be able to eat them both though....

Isn't it funny how we just get so excited about something as simple as a hot dog!!  My new favorite past time is to hunt for new foods and gadgets to cook them with  ;D ;D  Look out if I spot a new grocery store I haven't looked in :P

Rena

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Oh, let us know, TooSweet! Take a pic if you can.

I didn't get to look around much tonight since we only did grocery shopping. Maybe I can look some more this weekend and find something. :)

shawn116

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 11:46:01 PM »
I will... I almost wish I was hungry now...LOL  I'll try and get a good picture to.  Hubs has been making fun of me taking pictures of my food  HA!  But I have a recipe program that allows me to make my own cookbook.  I'm inputting all the Low carb recipes that I find including the ones that I make up myself.   Once I prepair one, I like to take a picture of it and upload it to the program.  The pictures aren't always the best though  :P 

Rena

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond today and found a plastic butter dish that said it was microwave safe. It's just a little bigger than a hotdog, so I think it will work. I'm planning on trying it for lunch tomorrow, so if it looks decent, I'll snap a picture for you.

:)

shawn116

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »
I bet it is the same one that I saw.  I wish now that I had picked it up.  Mine is glass and I think it will work fine but I bet the plastic one would be better.  It's a little bigger to.  Sorry I haven't had a chance to try it yet.... I haven't been able to be home for lunch lately..LOL  Won't be able to tomorrow either.  Maybe I will do the pancake and sausage idea instead.  I can have that for breakfast.  I'll try it in the morning  ;D ;D

For sure let us know how yours works out Rena

Rena

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
Yeah, Shawn, it was probably the same one. It was $3.99. I took a picture of today's Flaxdog, but it pretty much looks the same as the last one I posted because I served it up the same way. I like eating them with a fork and putting the sauerkraut on top of each bite. But here is the picture ...

The little butter dish top was a lot easier than having to prop up another container so I could cook it in the corner of the dish. With this one, I just cooked a little batter on the bottom first. Then I added the hotdog and poured the rest of the batter over the top. The shape was a lot better and it would be way easier to eat this one by hand if you wanted to. It might be fun to put a thin dill pickle slice/spear inside it, too.

Thanks for the idea, TooSweet! This makes it a lot easier! ;D ;D

owensmath

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »
Looks good, and you could add cheese, bacon, onion, chilli inside it...oh yeah...

shawn116

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »
Oh man Rena that looks so good!!   ;D ;D 

I did try the idea with the sausage.  It was really good.  I put just a little maple flavoring in the muffin mix and cooked it with a sausage link. (one of those pre cooked ones @ 0 carbs) I just dipped it in the SF maple syrup.  It was really good. Sorry I didn't have time to do the pictures though....LOL

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 11:26:44 PM »
Looks great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2011, 11:00:27 AM »
looks very good ;) Have you tried goldenflax?Maybe it would be closer to that cornmeal corndog taste??

Rena

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
looks very good ;) Have you tried goldenflax?Maybe it would be closer to that cornmeal corndog taste??

I have and I actually prefer golden over the other kind. Sadly, I asked Rick to bring some flaxmeal home the other day and he got the darker one. Oh well. I go through it enough that this batch will be gone in no time.

The goldenflax really makes for a nicer piece of bread I noticed.

Jeannie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2011, 03:36:03 PM »
Wow Rena that looks great my daughter will be very happy!!!!
You all are so funny
SherriPie I am also tall 5"10. It's always so hard to find pants.