Author Topic: My first week weighin!  (Read 57003 times)

shawn116

Re: My first week weighin!
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2011, 12:11:37 PM »
Congrats Jen!!  :) :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
Hi all!  Finally my body has given up fighting me - I broke the 170 plateau this week!  Down to 168.3! ;D  It's been VERY stubborn about this - I figure because I've not been near there in years and years.  Onward and downward!

Hi Jen! :)

I would guess that you weighed about 170 for a substantial period of time in the past making that weight a "set point".

As our weight drops, when we reach a previously established "set point", our loss will temporarily stop.
How long we're stopped depends on how long we were at that weight before.

However, by sticking to the FTS rules, our bodies will eventually give in! 8)

Way to go, Jen!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:24:37 AM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2011, 07:33:53 AM »
Hi all!  Finally my body has given up fighting me - I broke the 170 plateau this week!  Down to 168.3! ;D  It's been VERY stubborn about this - I figure because I've not been near there in years and years.  Onward and downward!

Okay Dokey Jen!!! Congratulations.  I am so happy for you.  Any time we can move into that next level it feels so good.  I am so looking forward to the "under 170" but am still working on the "under 180" LOL.  Onward and downward is a good motto!
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: January 01, 2012, 10:26:28 AM »
Hi all - well got back on the scale....Up a pound to 165.4 this a.m.  This is after the entire holiday season though; not horrible really considering last year I gained 8 lbs through the season!  Back on track now - 25 more pounds to go!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: January 01, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »
Way to go Jen!!  You did GREAT!!!  ;D

joagain

« Reply #155 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
Lets go Jen , It is possible for us to meet our goals this year !!!

freeinHim

« Reply #156 on: January 01, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »
Congratulations, Jen!  You're an inspiration!  I look forward to seeing that number again someday as well  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 01, 2012, 03:55:15 PM »
Now you're cookin', Jen! :) :) :)

As you know, if it weren't for FTS, you'd be up much more than only a pound.
Keep up the good work!... You'll make it!... We're here to help you make it! ;D
What you do today is what matters!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
Hi y'all; just wanted to ask if someone would please tell my body to stop going the wrong way?! >:(  Up .3 this week and have been being VERY good.  I've been detoxing this week from the holiday "little of this little of that".  And granted this week TOM visited too  :'(.  But seriously!! Wrong direction!!  Aargh!
   I will be going on vacation next week to see my family who have not seen this new me yet.  Super excited for that!  I will still check my weight but probably right before I go then not again til I get home.  I'd rather stick to my own scale.  My mom is sooo worried that she'll cook something wrong or fix something I "can't" eat.  I told her, it's really easy - meat and veggies.  That's all!  I am taking almond flour and ground flax with me though.  They live in an area where there really isn't much in the way of health food stores.  And I don't wanna pay $11 for almond flour! :P

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2012, 05:25:59 PM »
And for all of you demanding pics! ::)  My husband snapped this while we were out when I didn't know it.  But I'm OK enough with it to post it!  Which is a big step for me!

shawn116

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
You look awesome Jen!!  Love the new do.   I so know what you mean about people being so worried about what we can eat.  It just seems so easy to me but I guess for someone that hasn't read the book.....  still what is hard about meat and veggie??  LOL  Enjoy your trip and your family  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
LOVE THE HAIRCUT! Yes I am demanding :D :D Really looks pretty Jen.You look very young! ;)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
Aww thanks y'all!  Not that young anymore! LOL

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »
Had a scare last night!  Woke up feeling like my whole body was on FIRE!  Ran into the bathroom and turned on the light and I was bright red head to toe - looked and felt like a second degree sunburn!  I was sweating more than I did in Las Vegas in July, then I collapsed on the floor and was too weak to get up.  Ended up in the ER this morning and finally figured it out...  I'm thinking I'll try something besides Slo-Niacin for lowering my cholesterol!!!  My Dr. recommended it during my physical last month and I finally bought some and took my first dose last night. 
  Ya know, when they say "niacin flush" I figured that meant you know, you got a little red and flushed.  Not burn alive and collapse on the floor!!!  The ER doc said that severe of a reaction is rare, but does happen sometimes.  And Slo-Niacin is formulated to be controlled release and less reaction....good thing I didn't take immediate release!

shawn116

« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2012, 03:42:14 PM »
Oh wow I haven't ever heard of that Jen  :o :o  Is it a prescription or over the counter?  I'm so glad you are alright though