Author Topic: Katary Bakery Sunflower Seed Crackers  (Read 39837 times)

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Katary Bakery Sunflower Seed Crackers
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
Rena - do you record your meals on the FatSecret or you just use it as a tool to look up foods? 

Rena

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Rena - do you record your meals on the FatSecret or you just use it as a tool to look up foods? 

Hi Amber,

BOTH! My husband had been telling me to keep track of everything for months, but I never listened to him. Nothing new there! :D However, I stalled out the entire month of March, so I felt I needed to keep track and see what I was doing wrong. I'm pretty sure I was overeating, especially cheese. So, now I use FatSecret to keep track of everything. I also use it to plan my meals. It seems to be working because since starting it, I've lost another 7 pounds. I know not everyone here is concerned with calories or fat, but I've found watching mine helps, at least for now. It helps keep track of all the net carbs, so I can pay closer attention to them adding up here and there.

:) Rena

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
The Now almond flour i use is unblanched.That is why it comes in at 4 carbs per cup ;)

Rena

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2011, 05:43:44 PM »
The Now almond flour i use is unblanched.That is why it comes in at 4 carbs per cup ;)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I make an order after we get home. :)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »
Just made these crackers - BuuuYah! I used a cup of sunflower seeds at 5 grams of carbs per cup and got 44 crackers for .11 grams per cracker! Of course, all cracker sizes are not equal, so I'll take that into consideration! Thanks, Gary!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2012, 02:25:54 PM »
I am so glad I came across this cracker recipe!  I have been working on finding crackers that I can make and LIKE!  Soooo........I just put them in the oven and used Eden Organic Spicy Pumpkin Seeds ( 0 carbs ).  If they come out well that means the entire recipe will only be 4 carbs. I am counting 4 for the parmesan cheese because that's what my recipe builder says it is when you use 1/2 cup of it.  I'll let ya'll know how it comes out  :)

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »
THEY ARE DONE AND THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!   :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2012, 03:01:48 PM »
So glad your crackers came out good!  I love this recipe!    You may also like Joagain's recipe for golden flax crackers.  Both recipes are great to use with dips or cheese balls too!    ;D

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
These crackers are the BEST!  I also use pumpkin seeds 0 carbs-I just count the parm cheese too.  I wonder if you could use cheddar?  Would they bind as good as with the parm?
 ???

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »
one way to find out ;)

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 09:31:24 AM »
You or me??

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
I challenge you Beth! :D :D :D

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
I made my Krackers with Cheddar cheese as I don't care for Parmesan. I don't have a grindy thing, so just grated the cheese and mixed it like that. It worked perfect.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
I was also wondering about using cheddar and other cheeses.  I think that now I have a good base recipe the possibilities will be endless  :)  I am eating these dipped in spinach dip.  YUMMY

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
I tried a mix of sharp cheddar and pepper jack today.  The jury is still out, but first impressions were that I wasted the pepper jack. I can't really taste it in there - the first batch became more flavorful after the first day, so I'll reserve judgement on these until tomorrow. I cut them into Wheat Thin-sized pieces this time. I can hardly wait to lose my weight so I can make some of the other wonderful recipes on my list!