Author Topic: Checking in!  (Read 6161 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Checking in!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:36 AM »
What a kind child ;) Grandbaby is beautiful!
Congrats Big Texs daughter on win at softball! :)

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
What a kind child ;) Grandbaby is beautiful!
Congrats Big Texs daughter on win at softball! :)

Thank you Umpa I'm very proud of her and her team, not just because of the win but how they played.... They all worked together, which if you knew some of the girls you'd know its a MIRACLE!!! to say the least
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 09:26:54 AM »
My sister and I grew up playing softball and other sports.Teamwork is so important to learn.It will serve her later in life ;) My sister LaRisa even went to Baylor University in Texas on a 4 year scholarship for fast pitch softball.She was a pitcher.She could pitch that ball at about 90 miles per hour.I used to be her catcher growing up.She is extremely successful and a team leader at a Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston. ;)

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »
My sister and I grew up playing softball and other sports.Teamwork is so important to learn.It will serve her later in life ;) My sister LaRisa even went to Baylor University in Texas on a 4 year scholarship for fast pitch softball.She was a pitcher.She could pitch that ball at about 90 miles per hour.I used to be her catcher growing up.She is extremely successful and a team leader at a Texas Childrens Hospital in Houston. ;)

That is awesome  ;D ;D  I hope Kat can do that
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
I am sure she can ;) There is big money in sports scholarships in Texas.My daughter is going to Ut in Austin on a academic scholarship.Its dependent on grades and attendance.She is paying for it herself 100%.I am wicked proud of  her.You have  to empower your daughters and let them no there are no limits just the ones they set for themselves.Thats what my dad taught us ;) He never allowed us any excuses.

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 11:00:02 AM »
I have five daughters and I second that opinion.  It's important that they know you're their safety net, though.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
we have two daughters and a son ,all grown.They know they have a safety net but rarely use it.Its like that 4 year old child,"I can do it myself!!" But when they come to visit they still crawl in bed with us for morning coffee and chats ;)

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Will ---

AliciaInTX

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:44 PM »
Our Nate is definitely a little athlete (and always plays hard and well!), so hopefully one of those athletic scholerships will be in his future. :)  We aren't ones to push the kids hard but he is really driven by basketball and soccer, so you never know! We're just happy to support him in something he really enjoys...and something that burns off some of his endless supply of energy! Wish I could bottle and sell THAT to put him through college!  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
 :D

BigTex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 10:26:48 AM »
lol That's an awesome idea Alicia wish I could do that with mine too She has AALOTTTTTTTTTTT
Will ---