Author Topic: Week 2 - Shoot the Scales  (Read 8297 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Week 2 - Shoot the Scales
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:19:37 AM »
Well week 2 came and went.  I had put the scales out of reach so I wouldn't be tempted to hop on them more than once a week.  I have worked through my dejection at what that told me today and, as much as I wanted to, I did not shoot the scales.   It doesn't seem fair ( I was reading Katary's experiences) that some people can lose so much in a week.   Then I had a chat to myself:  Did I go over 20 carbs? No.  Did I overdo portion sizes? No.  Did I over snack? No.  So I was good.  I feel better.
There was a little of "why should I bother" but overrode that.  Stayed on track.  Thinking positively.  I'm sure it will all work out in the end.   

So 'ta dah' - 1lb is consigned to the universe to find another home

PS - those scales better watch out though - it was touch and go!   :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 2 - Shoot the Scales
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »
Morgan,
Congrats on the lost pound and congrats on looking ahead.  You are doing great.

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »
Morgan, I'm like you - but I've had better luck when I drink 100 oz of water every day. I have a 25 oz. glass that makes it easier to get that much water. I've been busy this past week and haven't gotten all 100 oz. and the scales haven't budged. I have a busy day on the road today and hate to drink a ton of water before I take off. I hate to drink that much water late in the day because I'm up all night.  What to do, what to do.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
Way to go Morgan! ;D How do you feel since you started??

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:51:12 PM »
Feeling good umpa.  Sometimes I think detox hasn't really kicked in yet because I really haven't been hungry or really craving anything to badly (bread yes but not desparately).  I just concerned that it's going to kick in soon and hard.  But drinking about 8 cups water (2 litres).  I keep a crysal jug with water on the sink in the kitchen (might sound pretentious but makes the water look prettier  :)) since I am either in the kitchen or always passing through, and grab a glass full.  Also manage a glass or two whilst cooking.

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:03:55 PM »
My first whole month I didn't step on the scale and it really helped. That scale drives me crazy. It's amazing how this little thing that lives on my bathroom floor can dominate my mood. UGH! I have moved mine out of the master bath and into my son's bathroom. For some reason guys like the scale, I have no idea why that is. LOL
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
SherriPie - I think it's when guys hop on they think muscle not fat. I would think very few guys hop on and and say OMG i've put on a lb.  I think teenage males must metabolise food way quicker.  My daughter's boyfriend seems to be at the point of anorexia at times even though  he seems to consume enough food to down a sumo wrestler. I'd like to say karma will get back at him when he gets older, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

Did you never get the urge to just keep hopping on to see if you'd lost weight?  Now that you are at your goal, do you still break out the scales to see?  Do you believe what you see?  Has the reality sunk in?  I'm still in awe  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
... For some reason guys like the scale, I have no idea why that is. LOL

I think it's a "numbers" thing.
Guys who like math usually love numbers of all kinds. :)
What you do today is what matters!

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »
Scales can be so de motivating.  I was guilty of weighing every day and finally have made myself only weigh once a month. 
Congratulation's on the 1 lb!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 05:50:54 PM »
Morgan you should have been around when I was losing weight. Oh my gosh I hated that scale. I would get on it sometimes three times a day and then freak out on the forums when it didn't change. Then I realized how bad that was to do and would just get on in the morning. Then that would drive me crazy if I hadn't lost anything to the point where my husband would wake up early and hide the scale on me for weeks on end. Needless to say, the scale and I will never be buddies. Anyway, I finally just started weighing in once a week. I would dread that day but usually it went well. Now I stay far away from it. I can tell by my clothes how I'm doing. As for how do I feel, I still feel the same. I still try to shop in the plus size clothes, I still think of myself as heavy and I am still surprised when I walk by a mirror and see me. I am getting better though, but I have been told it will take a while. 
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:39 PM »
The scales aren't moving for me, but my skin is renewing like crazy so I can't obsess. Did/do any of you have that happen/ing? I figure if I don't want saggy skin that I'd better just let it go slow...

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »
I'm looking for the magic formula to make the skin on my arms shrink back.  That's the only problem area and I may be doomed to play Batwoman, no costume necessary.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
 :D :D :D

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 10:01:35 AM »
Yup.  A picture is worth a thousand words.

owensmath

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 12:29:06 PM »
I am such a numbers person that I weigh in the morning and at bedtime. I have two different Apps that I use to enter my data. Doug and Umpa do NOT like this, but it works for me.