Author Topic: so I am not a good baker so I  (Read 4731 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: so I am not a good baker so I
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 12:58:13 PM »
Since I started FTS, I have practically had the One Minute Muffin everyday.   :) I've made a waffle, pancakes, bannana nut muffins, egg/cheese/sausage muffin, plain sandwich size for "lunch" bread, etc.  I have made strawberry short cake using sugar-free strawberry jam and SF jello mixed with fresh strawberries and then A squirt of whipped cream on top.  YUM!  I am a professional "scratch" cook.  I really, really miss good yeast bread and home-made pies with fruit fillings.  I can live without fresh fruit, but pies are a different story.  I have not found a yeast bread recipe that tastes good enough for me.  I've tried a couple of the FTS recipes and they went into the trash can right away along with the soy flour.  :(

Welcome to the family, chattycathie! :) :) :) :) :)

The One Minute Muffin is a staple for a number of folks here.

Get a copy of Doug and Umpa's FTS Bakery book.
It's loaded with really good recipes.
You'll likely find a yeast bread you will enjoy. :)
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
Cathie, I wish we lived closer because I'd probably eat the recipes you try & don't like!  ha ha  Seriously though, I have found that my tastes have changed alot since I started FTS.  Some things you won't like at first, you may go back several months later and find that you love them!  I never thought I would look to mashed cauliflower for a comfort food on a cold day!   ;)  Hang in there!  You have done great!!   ;D

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »
wow.. everyone here is so awesome.. I cant wait to bake....
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Wow Donna that sounds great!  We need a picture of that!   Oh, and Suzlyn, it actually takes a whole TWO minutes for the "1 minute muffin" to get perfect in my microwave.  It's an old one, but as long as it still works, we just keep using it.  ;)

If it ain't broke don't fix it LOL.  I agree, love pics of all the foods everyone comes up with.  Helps me know if I'm getting it right or even close  :o
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »
Alex your cookies will be crumbly,its in the book.You have to cool completly and put them in the fridge to firm back up.I store mine in the freezer,they never freeze.You succeeded. ;)