Author Topic: Positive update  (Read 4910 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
Positive update
« on: September 12, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
Well first let me start by saying that I am 2 lbs shy of where I was when I went off.. I have passed the minor detox and I am back on track..

2nd, my daughter learned via her stepmom what happened to her dad. She saw him yesterday and had a good visit.. She felt he was his old old self again. When she refers to his old self, she means like he was before all this stuff started happening over 2 yrs ago.. His parents also see a huge difference. He has an appt today with a psychiatrist to be evaluated. 

3rd, I took the step to completely withdraw/dismiss everything against my ex husband (the filing was to take place today). Though he had signed the agreement for the increase in CS and the additional things he needed to be responsible for, I felt and believe that it was crucial to his recovery that he not have added stress.  Some think I am a fool, I believe and have faith that God will guide me through and that I have made the right decision. Its obvious that he is in a sensitive state and may not be able to work, I do not want to add to his stress level by him wondering how he is going to make ends meet. I didnt tell him, I told his wife. I dont know if she will tell him or not, but I am happy with my decision. It will be a little of a struggle, but God hasnt failed me yet.. Sometimes he doesnt respond within the time requested but hey, he has a lot of children and ultimately he comes through everytime.   ;)
My attorney told me that it wouldnt look good, I told her that I have to do whats right. The twinkle in my daughter's eye when she came home from seeing him was amazing. I had not seen it in a while.. that alone is priceless... She too doesnt know about this and I will tell later today. I know that it will bring her comfort to know that at least from my end, he will not have any pressure or issues that will impair his ability to recover.

4th, I went to church yesterday and it was sooooo refreshing.. Ironically the topic was spiritual growth.. Talk about perfect timing..

5th I love all you soooooo much.. I know that I havent met you in person, but those words are written with true love...

A quote that I read the other day.

FAILURE IS NOT FALLING, ITS NOT STANDING UP!!!!!   
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Positive update
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:52:46 PM »
Awww!... We love you too Alex! You're truly a precious and lovely soul. :) :) :)

About your 3rd update point...

The reason the Bible teaches so strongly about forgiveness is not what it does for the trespasser, but what it does for the one violated.
Setting aside hurtful feelings and showing love, frees one's own soul and opens the door for Heaven's blessings.

Even if your ex does not respond in kind, the Lord is keeping track and you'll be more than amply rewarded later on.

I'm so proud of you and your progress on all fronts.
The growth you're showing touches my heart!
HOORAY for ALEX!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:00:27 PM »
We love you to Alex ! Dont you just look forward to reading  Tonys replies he seems to always make me/us smile  ;D ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 08:05:36 PM »
wow Alex awesome! And I agree with every word Tony said. I am so happy so many of you seem to love God, go to church , and talk about the blessings of God!  Truly you did the right thing and God will bless you abundantly for sure.
My hubby is a minister, ( not a pastor) I am a southern gospel singer, we use to do lots of nursing home minstry till we started having health issues.
There is no better blessing than when  we do something for others, God just pours out his love and blessings when we do that, when we put others and their needs before our own. Bless you Alex.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
Thank you all. I agree with you all and Tony, Im gonna start calling you Papa Bear... I feel relieved and you are right, even if he doesnt respond kindly, its not on me. He will have to answer to God..

I do feel much better and feel that though there are many hurdles to jump and even hurdles to stumble upon, I will make it to the finish line as long as I have God in my heart.

This site is sooooo amazing....
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
Alex you can only do whats right for you.Nobody has the right to tell you whats right for you.We love you and will support all your decisions. ;)
KFAITH you are a gospel singer??That is so cool! 8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 08:54:59 AM »
Yep Umpa I love to sing and God found a good use for my LOUD voice hahaha,  but right now I am so feable cannot go out and sing at churches and nursing homes like I use to, just too handicap.
I come from a long line of preachers and singers. My daddy was a minister, I have several uncles and cousins that are ministers and singers...
just in my blood I guess. ;D ;D ;D  I sing with soundtracks, Southern gospel.
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:35 AM »
Well Honey get ready because you are  gonna sing again! ;) I use to sing in church too ! Southern Baptist ,my grandmother is a southern baptist minister.She was also the piano player.Before she found the lord, she played for Hank Williams in the honky tonks.This is my Mammy she is 94,still playing.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »
That's so cool, Umpa! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
Well Umpa, that is so awesome about your grandma, she's still singing for Jesus at  94 wow.  ;D
My mom's mom lived to be 93 and my dad's dad lived to be 96.
Yep my dream is to regain my health as these pounds fall off so I can sing all around.  I still sing at my church but have to sit to sing now.
I have a dream of  when hubby retires we can travel south in Rv, winter there in some big RV park and minster there, plus I could teach craft classes as I am a professional floral designer, I sew, crochet and always doing some kind of crafting. So  that's one of my dreams that keeps me going ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 09:20:36 AM »
They are not dreams Rosie ;) What you can perceive you can achieve. That will be your reality if you want bad it bad enough. You are in total control of your life. :) Thats why you are here and successful ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:52 AM »
I love what you just said there Umpa about dreams, yeah, I will remember that .
I also just noticed you called her "Mammy", that is what my granddaughter calls me, I love that.  All my step grandkids call me Mamaw, but when Emily was born I had looked in dictionary and found that Mammy means second mom, and that is what I am to her, so I just loved that and she calls me that and calls hubby pappy.
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
I never knew thats what that Mammy meant :) Cool