Author Topic: Dr Oz is an idiot....pure and simple  (Read 15655 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dr Oz is an idiot....pure and simple
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
I googled - OMG what is it with that burger recipe?  It really is sad  :( knowing that a lot people are going to try it.
She seems to be treating her diabetes like it is a celebrity status. 
I would have thought if you had a background in 'cooking' you might try to adjust those recipes to avoid medication and help all those who follow her lead.

shawn116

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
I think she will get there Morgan.  It took me a while when I was diagnosed to get it.   My diabetes educator that my doc sent me to in the beginning had me eating 180 carbs per day.  Your supposed to be able to trust the medical folks right??  I just didn't question them.  It was crazy trying to balance so many carbs with my blood sugar and the meds I had to take.  I still didn't get it or understand the science behind how my body was reacting.  It took me reading Doug's book to really get it.  Now that she is eating low carb and hopefully feeling better, I'm hoping she will use that and run with it. 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »
She makes a lasagna sandwich with a whole loaf of bread thats so gross! :D I have converted alot of her recipes.

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 08:37:39 AM »
You know, she didn't even have the decency to cut the doughnut in half which would at least reduce SOME of the carbs.

I just LOVE  :) being able to walk by baked goods and go "eh" or "eeewww" to the really gross looking, sugar encrusted, hydrogenated oil filled lumps of whatever.

Doug, do you have a YouTube channel for your videos? I think you should establish a cooking show online and then I can subscribe to your videos! No need to wait for TV to pick it up with such great technology!

Not only is Paula Deen losing with LC, I heard that Jennifer Hudson (of Weight Watchers fame) lost her weight with low carb. Like I've mentioned before, there's no money to be made off of simple solutions. Well, actually there is, but you have to PRODUCE something USEFUL (like the FTS zero sweetener) to make money (hello!).  I'd also read somewhere that for the health insurance companies and doctors under today's standards (not the new healthcare law forthcoming, but the pay-for-service system we have now) that we're worth much more SICK than we are either DEAD or WELL. But hopefully when they convert to paying doctors to keep us HEALTHY, we will have more of them supporting FTS/LC.  I subscribe to quite a few doctor blogs who support low carb living.

Doug, in your video you challenged Paula to  120 days of FTS. I need to challenge myself to that time. So that's about 4 months, right? I think in 4 months, if I give it time, I will be doing REALLY well. Life with constantly balanced blood sugar will be AMAZING!!!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »
42 videos on youtube heres the link. Waterlily. Any tips on his public speaking are appreciated. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/FATtoSKINNYguru

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
I subscribed. The lady on the CBN (or whichever network that was) was amazed with the sugar visual.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

"You know, she didn't even have the decency to cut the doughnut in half which would at least reduce SOME of the carbs."

I'm wondering if you had to pay as much for a crispy creme donut in the States as you have to pay in Australia if you would do it.  In Australia it costs $4.30 (give or take 10c either way -this was about maybe a year and a half ago) for a plain donut.  On that basis it adds over $8 to make the base for one of these burgers.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
Wow, Morgan!!!... $4.30 for ONE PLAIN DONUT! :o  :o :o
Crispy Creme must be making a FORTUNE down under!
What you do today is what matters!

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
Unfortunately for them - uh NO.  They have gone into voluntary administration.  Honestly $4.00 for one donut, even we downunder baulk at those prices.  On the plus side - less weight to gain. ;)