Author Topic: Roller Skating  (Read 12072 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Roller Skating
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:16 PM »
Guess what? I'm going roller skating today! I've been doing exercises for my legs for a couple weeks to build muscles. Hope I do good today. Will keep exercises up still too.

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Roller Skating
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 09:50:48 PM »
I roller skated about 4 times around, then took a break. Then roller skated about 3 times around, took a break. Roller skated 3rd time only 2 times around and I was done for the day! Whew
My skates are new, bought them with part of our income tax return. Our decision was that it was a good healthy investment. Could not skate too much because I was exhausted from lack of good sleep last night and needed to keep my feet from getting new skate blisters. they fit really really good. Men's size 6. My feet are wide. They are artistic roller skates, like Mary's but cheaper. They have nice inside cushioning support on sides and even under the tongue. This will be be great cardio for me and also an activity Mary & I can do together. Skating sessions are $5.50 to $7.50 each. That would be $11 to $15, for each of us, each time we went. But we joined the monthly club for only $29.90 for both Mary & I to skate any regular sessions, any days we want. Two $7.50 sessions pays for club card.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:02:57 PM by o0OSusieO0o »

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 10:24:44 AM »
Sounds like fun! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 07:29:35 PM »
That's wonderful, Susie! :) :) :)

Did you know that exercise is not only a great stress reliever,
but helps us sleep much better too? ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:32:35 AM »
It DID help me sleep. I think I over-did my exercise, I fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up at 4 am. I had a difficult time driving home I was so exhausted last night. I skated so much that I lost count. I'm still trying to keep my balance. My skates are supposed to prevent extra fatigue on my ankles, which they did, so my ankles are fine. It's my pulmonary system that got a work out, lol.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »
It is so good for you! ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:23:34 AM »
It must be Umpa, I feel like I just got a good swimming work out.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 01:49:26 PM »
skating is fun!! so cool susie

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 11:46:42 PM »
It is fun, for now it's kind of scary, trying to not fall for now, lol. My balance and endurance are not good...yet, but I'm working on it.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
Was going to roller skate today or tomorrow but silly me, i twisted to get out the car when coming home from the Mexican Market and I pinched a nerve in my hip, on the outside, at the joint. Waddled straight to bed, put heating pad on it and laid down for an hour. It's about 60% better. Feels better if I keep moving within my pain limits and do stretches with breathing techniques so the hip joint does not stiffen.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 01:37:43 PM »
I can walk & sit with min-mod pain so it's bearable now. Only doing 1 load laundry today, using dryer, not hanging on the clothesline.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
Was going to roller skate today or tomorrow but silly me, i twisted to get out the car when coming home from the Mexican Market and I pinched a nerve in my hip, on the outside, at the joint. Waddled straight to bed, put heating pad on it and laid down for an hour. It's about 60% better. Feels better if I keep moving within my pain limits and do stretches with breathing techniques so the hip joint does not stiffen.

Sorry you tweaked your hip, Susie! :(
That happens to me ever once in a while. Suppose it's part of advancing in life.
You doing right to help it recover.

If I must do something physically demanding, I've been known to take ibuprofen.
But only if I have to.

Tony

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:06:08 AM »
Guess I am advancing in age. I'm only taking pain medicine to help me sleep. I am not masking my pain during the day to know my limits so I can heal faster. When pain is unbearable I lay down on my bed and watch a show on my computer online on couchtuner site. I am not one to sit still for long. So keeping my mind occupied helped me. Funny how I glue to a tv show when I rarely watch one.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 08:58:01 AM »
I agree with you about painkiller masking pain. I think pain makes us stop so we dont injure ourselves further. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
I agree with you about painkiller masking pain. I think pain makes us stop so we dont injure ourselves further. ;)

That's right, Umpa!
Painkillers should be a last resort.

Tony