Author Topic: The Jeans Test  (Read 21796 times)

Waterlilly

• View Profile
Re: The Jeans Test
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
Considering I started at a 24/26... this is a happy day indeed! ;D My goal is a 7/8.

Wow! that's great!  Good for you!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
HiYa waterlily! ;)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 09:50:50 AM »
Thanks so much guys! *hugs* I love the support I get from all of you!!
I am very happy camper!  :D

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 02:03:27 PM »
HiYa waterlily! ;)

Hi Umpa! <waves>  :) (you guys need a waving/welcome smiley)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »
me thinks so too ;)

Ann B

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
Exactly, buy from and donate back to the thrift stores.

This FTS is so fabulous. Now that I KNOW how to lose the excess fat and KEEP IT OFF, I have no qualms about immediately removing clothing that is too big and buying at the thrift stores jeans/trousers, blouses/sweaters in the next size down...just a big too snug...because I know it will only be a few weeks until they fit and then a month or so of wear to be too big.

About the belts.  I think you can have them reduced in length at the buckle end rather than punch new holes. I'm going to try it with one belt that has the cutest heart shaped metal buckle, but recently became too large. Punching new holes might make it shabby looking unless a leatherworker could work his professional magic with new holes and trimming the end.

I splurged and bought new bras yesterday. Those are difficult to find used. Took several tries to find the correct number (band) and letter (cup) combination.  Even then I am using the end hooks and will tighten to the others as needed.

And wouldn't you know it, ALL my current clothes look/fit/drape much better in underwire T-shirt bras at this age and fluffiness.

Initially, when starting FTS in April, I was feeling sad about soon having to say goodbye to some of my favorite clothes.  But when they became to big, they weren't so appealing anymore.  And with the new one-of-a-kinds I find at the thrift stores, it's just like rotation of gifts to myself.  In fact, I am becoming better at finding the quality stuff (fabric and construction)...and what truly fits my shape (fat or skinny) and my personal style.  I often have to hem them for my shortness.   And with that, if the label is still in the clothing, I will have an idea what brands to shop for new when I am normal weight...if I can't find them at the thrift stores.

I'm getting compliments with the nearly 25 pounds gone and better fitting clothes (closer fitting rather than loose cover ups)...even with 45 to 50 pounds to go.

Having clothes that fit help all shapes look their best at any weight or size. Check out What Not to Wear on TLC for more info about dressing for your shape and personal style.

And yesterday, I even bought a sleeveless shell (at the thrift store) to wear instead of the cotton crochet sweater I started the day in. This however, only after I had a gentle talking to myself that at my age (56-5/6)....no one was going to be shocked to see fat, flabby, older looking upper arms on me.  In fact I don't remember seeing any older woman wearing anything but sleeveless tops or tank tops yesterday....and most in shorts. Ha!

I won't do shorts in public. Well, I don't have any shorts yet...so....  Perhaps next summer.

All the best,
Ann

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 08:39:39 AM »
Congrats on the 24 pounds Ann! That is wonderful! Sounds like your getting your self confidence back too ;)

Ann B

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 11:33:02 AM »
Actually, I think I'm getting a confidence I never really had. I was the chubby one in my family, and as those of you who know, it was commented on too frequently...and unnecessarily.   

As if as a child I would know how to correct it, when looking back the family menus were high carb selections. Ha!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
Hi Ann! :)

I know exactly what you mean.
Other than when I played football in school or worked in the shipyards, I was always FAT.
So confidence in being a healthy thin person was most often a foreign concept to me.

When I lived with my folks, bread, pasta, pastries, sugary sweets, etc. were the order of the day.
After I graduated college, got married and moved on, so did my bad eating habits.

And then came FTS!... Lord willing, my life has now and forever been changed for the healthier! ;D

And look at your ticker... You're about 1/3 of the way to your goal!!! :o :o :o
Hooray, Ann!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Ann B

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 05:18:24 PM »
Thank you, and yes I am nearly 1/3 of the way to goal.  And it has truly been easy once I realized I really had nothing to do but remember 20 carbs.

My body really does know what it's doing and I just get to be patient and watch it all happen.  I initially thought I could decide a goal time, but it looks like my body is going to have the final say. So nothing to do but wait.

When it happens, it will be what it is. I am simply grateful that I know what to do to allow it to happen.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2012, 09:02:18 AM »
Congrats Ann ;)

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:16 PM »
WOOHOOOO! Way To Go Ann!  ;D

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2012, 06:49:50 AM »

I know exactly what you mean.
Other than when I played football in school or worked in the shipyards, I was always FAT.
So confidence in being a healthy thin person was most often a foreign concept to me.

When I lived with my folks, bread, pasta, pastries, sugary sweets, etc. were the order of the day.
After I graduated college, got married and moved on, so did my bad eating habits.

Mouseissue, I'm glad you said this. Eating habits are SO important. About a year go, I weighed about 20 pounds less. Then I started a grad program (which is now OVER thank God!) and I got really inactive. Sure, the stress eating was an issue, but I didn't realize that if you're really active, it can cover bad eating habits.

When I was ballroom dancing, going to spinning 2x/week and doing light weights at home plus other active stuff, I was much closer to a normal weight. Still, I had inflammation issues such as psoriasis. In a weird way, I am VERY happy my inactivity revealed that my EATING HABITS were to blame. Sure, I'm going to get active again, but it's nuts to think that someone would have to get "shipyard building" active for their whole lives, just to keep weight down.

I also recently read about a guy who was a triathlete and another low carb ultra sports person who noticed paunchy bellies on these amazing athletes.  Not to mention what you DON'T see on the INSIDE. So despite the external, exercise is just a cover (or can be). It's what's inside that helps.

I truly believe eating this way is very HEALING to the body. Sure we lose weight but I also believe we balance our biochemistry and our bodies by eating this way.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:14 PM »
BINGO, Waterlilly!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've been saying this for a long time on this forum, being healthy IS the objective of FTS!
The benefit of weight loss is secondary to that.

We are healing our bodies from years of sugar abuse.
The process takes time... But it's SO worth it! 8) 8) 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »
BINGO, Waterlilly!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yay! I win!!!  (No, just kidding).

I also want to add that Davie Jones was a vegetarian and an avid runner and I believe he recently died at about age 66 from some kind of heart condition. So much for avoiding heart attacks by avoiding "Saturated fat" in meat!