Author Topic: :( is this common  (Read 25891 times)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
:( is this common
« on: October 03, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
I have been eating less than 3 net carbs a day ... controlling portion sizes and only eating and snacking when really hungry and drinking not 8 8oz of water but close to ... and I weighed myself this morning and I put 1lb back on??

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: :( is this common
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:38:21 AM »
Nik   STAY OFF THE SCALE!  once per week or once every two weeks will do. Getting on the scale every day will turn into an unhealthy obsession. I want you to forget about the scale entirely and simply stick to the way you're eating. Our bodies, especially woman fluctuate in weight all the time. If you don't think you can stay off the scale lock it in the trunk of your car!  ;)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:40:05 AM »
lol i think thats a good idea!!! Bc yes it is becoming an obsession lol

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
I vote for once a month weigh in as long as you can tell your clothes are getting looser and also people tell you that you look smaller ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 08:38:19 AM »
lol there's no way Id be able to go a month without weighing haha that would be way more challenging that doing the FTS lifestyle and I would fail

owensmath

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:07:06 PM »
I admit it! I am obsessed with the scale, but it works for me. I use the information to rethink about my day and check to see if there was anything I could/should have done differently. I am a numbers person (math teacher!).

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
lol Im having hard time w just once a week ... im cheating and doing twice ... maybe 3 lol

owensmath

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:12 PM »
I'm weird! I check in the morning and at night. Don't even TRY to change me, DOUG! LOL

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
I'm weird! I check in the morning and at night. Don't even TRY to change me, DOUG! LOL

I get on the scale every morning, enter my daily weight on a chart and average it at the end of the week.  I do know that there are days that I am up and then it is back down.  I don't get excited if I am up a few days, I just assume I am just retaining water (maybe ate too much salty cheese the day before or something).  Since I began FTS my average weekly weight has gone down every week.  My Monday weight, which is what I put on my ticker has not always gone down, but the average always has.    I find this works for me.  When I used to avoid the scale that is when my weight started creeping up.  I need to see it in front of me.  So don't try to change me either, I feel more accountable to myself if it is written down.

joagain

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »
So I am normal I cant walk past it without getting on it . I just cant let it make me have a bad day

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »
I have absolutely no problem walking by the scale. I get weighed every three months at the doctor as long as my clothes fit or are getting looser Im good!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 10:29:14 PM »
Wow, what willpower!!

nikiniki9doors

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 11:12:34 PM »
yeah i just downloaded an iphone app to track weight and net carbs and water intake ... it requires daily weigh in but I do feel its helping by keeping diary of carbs etc

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 08:53:10 AM »
It takes willpower to ignore the scale?  ???
I wish I could quit smoking as easily as I ignore the scale.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 10:09:09 AM »
I quit smoking 8 years ago beebs.It was tough! i used the patch,( and by the way when they tell you not to smoke with it on dont!I was green for days!!!)
 :D :D :D