Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51462 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
Yeah TooSweet, definitely will watch it and he was totally not FTS friendly at ALL. He said verbatim what Doug said in his book. I can't wait to see him in a year and pick his jaw up off the floor ;)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2013, 11:54:56 PM »
LOL  The proof is in the pudding so to speak....you will be able to convert yet another doctor....you go girl   ;D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:18 AM »
LOL I SURE hope so!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2013, 01:02:33 AM »
Poo just wrote a whole post, then lost it. So will try to remember what I wrote.

I thought doctors were supposed to heal you not tear you down. What a poo head.  What is with the American medical profession, I never hear anything good about them unless they a celebrity dr.   Anyone would be thrilled to lose 45lbs in 11 weeks. Write a letter to him TT, addressing all his points - I'm sure you never got the chance to say what you wanted.  Finish with a critique of his bedside manner.  I'm sorry TT, you had such hopes that he would be able to help you.  Watching his jaw drop would be funny, but would you want go back to him.  He doesn't seem helpful at all.  Well done on not overeating after that experience.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2013, 01:09:03 AM »
Thank you Morgan...good thoughts and good ideas!!! I don't get a choice in which nephrologist I see because it's the recipient's insurance that pays for it...btw the worst part is that that doctor's title there is Donor Advocate! HAH...what an advocate eh? I'm sure if I complained they may have another, but I'm not sure. I'm not worried...in one year I will have cooled off and thinned out. HA! I am going to try and find out what my cholesterol levels triglycerides level is to demonstrate I'm not eating too much fat. I just calculated all of todays counts and I got 60.9 of fat today...that's not high by anyone's standards...and it was only that high because I had to eat out and wasn't at home and had to pack non-refrigerated friendly snacks like olives. But that's average amount of fat...not too much.

shawn116

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »
What a poo head.  What is with the American medical profession, I never hear anything good about them unless they a celebrity dr

I agree....what a poo head  ;D  I don't want you thinking that all our docs are bad Morgan.  I have three that take care of me that are fantastic  ;D  What I like the most about them is that they aren't afraid to say that they learn new things too.  I have however met quite a few poo heads  ;D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »
My heart goes out to you Taby.Revenge is the best prescription here ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2013, 12:32:30 PM »
My heart goes out to you Taby.Revenge is the best prescription here ;)

Hi, Taby! :)

I agree with Umpa! :) :) :)

That doctor is a closed-minded JERK!!! >:(
No one should ever be treated the way he treated you!

In time, you will get where you want to be.
Just stay the course! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »
Thanks everyone...today is a new and better day :D I am excited for everything it holds and am down yet another pound today! I feel better and better with each passing day. Morgan, I have experienced several inept doctors, rude, with no good bedside manner...but there are a few that have been nice. I can name maybe 3 out of 100 I've seen. When I was sick in pregnancy one of the docs that was a GI doc cursed at me...I was telling him how my other GI doctor had advised me to take a certain med, and he said "I don't give a **** what he told you..." Sick lying in a hospital bed, he did that. He misdiagnosed me wrongly with fatty liver disease when it was chemical hepatitis, and with functional bowel disease when it was diverticulosis. When I got the bill I told them I would not pay it and they were lucky I was not suing him. Some doctors have ego issues I think.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
They only give opinions ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
They only give opinions ;)

That's a VERY important point for us all to remember about doctors!

Often, those "opinions" are really no more than educated guesses.
And being human, doctors can be wrong as often as anyone else.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »
Oh yes I totally agree... They only give opinions. After doctor appointments I always check WebMD or Mayo Clinic online & other sites like that & get more information.
Way to go Taby, so proud of you

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
Thanks everyone! I'm doing pretty well but I'm concerned I might be starting to stall...but I'm waiting and seeing. Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm so bound and determined I'm like a bullet :P

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
Hey hey hey....I've lost 3 more pounds today AND 18 in total since July 1rst! I believe I am on my way...nothing can stop this steaming train  ;) :D ;D

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
WoW! Watch that ticker go down :o You are doing excellent TabyTaby!