Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51463 times)

shawn116

Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2013, 12:06:57 AM »
I had a good work out at the gym! I worked out almost an hour straight 30 mins on treadmill and rode 2 miles on the mechanical body bicycle! Feeling gooooood!
   Well done Taby  ;)  Whoo...you make me tired just reading this  :D  Haha

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2013, 04:03:03 AM »
Freaking out here...okay, I can't find my FTS book and I keep finding conflicting answers online!!! I don't know why all the discrepancy! I made mashed cauli tonight...the total amount was 1 and 1/3 cups...BUT I don't know what the carb count is :'( I can't find a straight answer online...every site says something different and I can't find my book!!! EEEK does anyone know how many carbs that is? I'm afraid what I ate tonight sent me over >:O
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
How much cauliflower and other ingredients did you use Taby?  Is that 1 and 1/3 cups of the mash?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:56 AM »
Your daughter is so beautiful Susie! Great picture! ;)
Well done Taby ;) Do you make your own Paleo bread?There are lots of recipes online :)

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2013, 02:50:45 PM »
TabyTaby why don't you request a carb counter book for 50 posts.  That will make it simple to keep up with. It will be on your computer whenever you need it.  It is real easy to go overboard when you eat caulimash.  It is just so good.  You are doing excellent with your weight loss.  Keep up the great work!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2013, 03:49:57 PM »
Thanks everyone! Skychant, I've already gotten another book :D, Shawn it was 1 and 1/3 cups of mash...I only added butter (0 carbs) and 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese (1 carb).  All I had yesterday was 2 slices of paleo bread with 1TBS a piece of my homemade low carb jam, and then baked zucchini chips 1 cup worth, that I sliced and baked with flaxseed and 1/3 cup of Parm and I worked out...I was 1 pound heavier this morning but that's it. I think I came in still a good bit under 20 carbs. Thanks for the encouragement everyone...no ma'am Umpa I don't make my own paleo bread...but I may start making my own...I didn't know you could easily make it at home :D Shawn...what do you think?
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2013, 07:27:04 PM »
So glad you're trying your best Taby.
Thanks everyone for compliments on my photo. Since I was born with one hand, my daughter is so sweet to help me clip my hair back in a bow.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
Getting irritated...not giving up, but definitely annoyed. I've been stuck for about 5-6 days gaining one pound, then down a pound, then gaining a pound, and down a pound. I haven't gone over 20 carbs AND I've been working out for an hour, riding the mechanical bike and or treadmill for almost 5 miles a day now...pretty sure I'm not building muscle but I'm not losing either. However, this week I did pick up the habit of Coke Zero...I'm thinking this is my culprit, I had a bad reaction to it a few days ago and found that it has aspartame...I was so angry. I didn't mean to get them. My husband wanted Cherry Dr. Pepper from the store, well they didn't have any so I got a 12 pack box of cherry coke...didn't know it was zero. When I figured it out, I didn't want to waste it and hubby didn't want any part of it, so I checked the nutritional info...and I saw it was carb free...didn't check ingredients...has anyone else ever stalled out over coke zero??? Also, how long after cutting out sugar alcohols should it take to see a difference? I'm tired of being stuck at 238!!!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:07:11 PM by TabyTaby »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2013, 05:36:43 PM »
Hi, Taby! :)

No need to be irritated, Taby.
You're learning a valuable lesson about sweets and how your body responds to them.
Coke Zero is one of MANY diet soft drinks that will cause problems with our progress.

Remember that sugar alcohols (whether in diet pop, candies, cookies ,etc.) will slow or stop progress for many folks.
So like Doug says... If your stalled, all sweets (including sweetened drinks) should go first! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2013, 05:40:14 PM »
Yes sir! Just got rid of all the Coke Zeros, and the Breyers SmartCarb ice cream...NOT worth it...not at all! Stinkin sweet tooth.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:34 AM »
I've really been craving a Boca Burger...they are 0 carbs so no problem right? EXCEPT...I can't find a "bread" recipe or bun recipe that I actually like that doesn't fall apart or that doesn't taste too EGGY. Any help with this would be SO appreciated! I also do NOT have a MUFFIN TOP pan, the only thing I have is a baking sheet, cupcake/muffin pan, and stonewear. That's it. Let the challenge begin LOL

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
I buy Mahler's Bakery California Lifestyle Flax Soy Bread. It has Water, Wheat Gluten, Buttermilk Powder, Soy Flour, Wheat Bran, Oat Flour, Canola Oil, Almond Meal, Sliced Almonds, Flax Meal, Flax Seeds, Yeast, Salt.
It has 6 carbs, 5 fiber, not sure if it is healthy enough for you though.
http://www.amazon.com/California-Lifestyle-Flax-Bread-24oz/dp/B0036QYBMS

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 12:37:09 PM »
Hi, Taby! :)

Frankly, to me a bun is just a "holding device" for a hamburger.
The bun is not the flavorful part of the burger.

I will use lettuce to wrap the burgers.
Or just put a couple lettuce leaves on a plate with a little mayo and top that with the burger and other burger toppings.

Using low carb tortillas is also an option if you crave a bread-like experience.
I lost "bread" cravings long ago.
And if you stay the course with FTS, you probably will too! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
Susie that looks great! Do you get it at Amazon? Is it sold anywhere else? Tony...I don't like lettuce on the burgers...I don't know if you've had Boca Burgers, but they aren't that sturdy and have fallen apart on me with lettuce leaves, plus they are much smaller than your normal burger...and I've never eaten anything on my burgers but cheese OR ketchup and bun...I can't stand the thought of veggies on my burger LOL strange I know for a vegetarian! I tried the paleo bread with it, but it's spongy and it's just not the right texture :\ maybe the one you posted Susie will work. It also helps me get a few calories...most days I get below 600 calories 20 grams of fat and under 1500 sodium and since I work out everyday, I need more calories. After working out I come home so tired I can't open my eyes...found out it's due to lack of nutrition because I only eat a couple times a day so I try to get my calories when and were I can :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
You do not need more calories when working out Taby that is a myth.I am very experienced in this field .Your body has plenty of fat to burn for fuel.Forget calories.Just keep your carbs below 20 and the rest is science. ;)